nufc.com

lovejoy

Nobby's legs started going 7 years ago. You can forgive them for seeing past the romanticism and viewing this for what it most likely is, a pathetic attempt to appease the fans in the wake of failure to land our targets.

Nolan's legs have gone, how many goals has he got this season?

As a bit part player Nobby can have an impact this season. 2 goals and 4 assists could be all it takes to make the difference between promotion or not. Would you rather Nobby or Pancrate knocking in a free kick or corner in the last 5 mins?

That one is obvious, but tbh i'd easily rather have Guthrie, Barton, R Taylor or even Geremi there ahead of Pancrate.

Nolan's legs have gone, but not to the degree Solano's have man. Nolan is an intelligent player with a cracking finish on him, which is why we can almost overlook his lack of stamina.

Guest neesy111

Stopped reading their site when I found out they'd been handing over email addresses to NUST.

Is this true?

I was wondering where they got mine from

that's illegal if they have, without your knowledge

Guest Roger Kint

Stopped reading their site when I found out they'd been handing over email addresses to NUST.

Is this true?

I was wondering where they got mine from

that's illegal if they have, without your knowledge

Would explain why they got mine

....having ended a trial spell with League One Colchester.

The Times newspaper have commented that:

"While his link-up with Chris Hughtons team is intended to be a temporary measure, Newcastles coaching staff have been impressed with his fitness and quality."

Not good enough to impress Colchester but apparently impressive from our perspective. As the only benchmark Newcastle's coaching staff currently have is the existing squad that's a pretty damning statement on them. If a word of it's true.

"...having ended a trial spell with League One Colchester" - suggests he was the one who ended it. They wanted him and he said no apparently.

poor take on the nobby situation imo.

maybe they think we are getting the likes of kevin kuranyi.

The nufc.com slant on the Solano story is f@ckin ridiculous - but sadly quite typical of them nowadays.

An ex player trains with old club - a pretty common occurence. Somehow (to suit their agenda) they've twisted it to this now being the club's policy on future signings, asking if it will be Dyer, Cort and Alan Foggon next ?

I guess in that case Arsenal will be making moves for Tony Adams, Alan Smith and Charlie George in the coming days.

I'm not too happy with .COM nowadays but that is nit picking of the highest order.

Nolan is an intelligent player with a cracking finish on him, which is why we can almost overlook his lack of stamina.

So what's Nobby then?

I reckon even now, Nobby'll have a better touch on him than Nolan like.

Nolan is an intelligent player with a cracking finish on him, which is why we can almost overlook his lack of stamina.

So what's Nobby then?

I reckon even now, Nobby'll have a better touch on him than Nolan like.

To be fair to Nolan, he has a pretty decent first touch on him. Apart from his fitness, pretty much everything about him is Premier division standard.

Guest johnson293

See they're editing the article little by little to make it look slightly more sane.

They must be starting to sober up.

Their own section of the article looks the same to me. All they have done is added comments about the deal which have been released subsequently. Their take on any potential deal remains the same.

See they're editing the article little by little to make it look slightly more sane.

They must be starting to sober up.

Their own section of the article looks the same to me. All they have done is added comments about the deal which have been released subsequently. Their take on any potential deal remains the same.

They've removed the parts which said "will we now be going for Keiron Dyer, Carl Cort and Alan Foggon ?"  and the bit about this being Newcastle's plans for the future.

They've also added a quote from Hughton saying that it's fairly common for ex-players to train with their old teams when they're looking for a club - which of course it is - and does put a slightly different complexion on what they were trying to imply previously.

Apart from that the article is just the same !

They are entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled to criticise them. They are both good writers (and i think that is high praise for two lads running a fan site) and have written many enjoyable and pertinent match reports. Solano coming back is utterly absurd tbf.

They have the odd 'wtf' moment but then, so do we all.

They are entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitled to criticise them. They are both good writers (and i think that is high praise for two lads running a fan site) and have written many enjoyable and pertinent match reports. Solano coming back is utterly absurd tbf.

I agree with this aye.  I like nufc.com, always have done.

:pow:  True dat

Likewise, I have to say that despite my criticism they are very good writers.

I suppose we can all be a bit opinionated but most of us don't have a medium which reaches out to tens (if not hundreds) of thousands.

Good post. I think that often, people tend to remember their bad or slightly over the top reports and forget the good ones that are far more frequent.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...