nufc.com

lovejoy

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to set a new thread up for this but .com have said there will be no season review dvd for 06/07. I know it was a s*** season and all that but I would have still bought the dvd. All other clubs are producing one. Bit of shame there won't be one for NUFC. It'll end up being the gap in the collection with the 4th place finish, FA Cup winners review of 07/08  ;)

I wanted to set a new thread up for this but .com have said there will be no season review dvd for 06/07. I knwo it was a s**** season and all that but I would have still bought the dvd. All other clubs are producing one. Bit of shame there won't be one for NUFC.

Rather donate my 15 quid to the Yorkie donation in gen chat  :thup:

I wanted to set a new thread up for this but .com have said there will be no season review dvd for 06/07. I know it was a s*** season and all that but I would have still bought the dvd. All other clubs are producing one. Bit of shame there won't be one for NUFC. It'll end up being the gap in the collection with the 4th place finish, FA Cup winners review of 07/08  ;)

I'd be pleased if I were you. It smacks of...you know...having standards. More than I could say for some.

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_9224.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=110&hei=130&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

:jesuswept:

Whats worse, I know of someone who bought it.  :idiot2:

The crazy thing is, the very first review, 88/89 was when we were relegated. Watch that for some truely awful defending  :o  Even sunderland brought one out the year they got relegated! Our season wasn't as bad as that!

I'd be pleased if I were you. It smacks of...you know...having standards. More than I could say for some.

http://picsrv.mcfc.co.uk/?fif=/mcfc/img_502_9224.jpg&obj=iip,1.0&wid=110&hei=130&rgn=0,0,0,0&cvt=jpeg

:jesuswept:

Whats worse, I know of someone who bought it.  :idiot2:

I'd still like one.  There are a few games i have fond memories of, and it will be the first one i dont have in the premiership.

An excellent website that's gone drastically downhill in recent years.

They clearly know a lot about football but at times they strike me as a bit too old-fashioned the way they harp on and make excuses for the likes of Parker, yet they're happy to set the lynch mob onto any underperforming foreign player. But that's their opinion and they're entitled to it, the only thing which has brought down standards is the way they've started spouting their opinions. They give off this holier than thou attitude and express their views in a very dogmatic way.

I don't visit the site nearly as much as I used to but I'd be lying if I said I didn't check up to see their views on new signings and what-not. Their match reports are still very well expressed (despite their occasional pontificating) and remain the best feature of their site for me.

I do respect the fact that they don't dilute their views to sit on the fence, they just express their opinions as was the case during the Allardyce appointment.

I visit it once a week to read the match reports and I find them to be bang on target most of the time. I normally just quickly fly through their home page and make my way straight to the match reports.

I understand what people say about their opinions and not everyone will agree but I think it adds a bit of spice to their page and not just the sycophantic politically correct drivel you can read elswhere!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WalkervilleMag

.com is a good site imho.  It's unofficial , so if you dont like what they say, then dont read it , simple as that.

Bit odd that they're keen to get rid of Dyer, but were angry when Bramble was released.

Their view on Bramble, which I share was that there was no sense of "clean slate" from Allardyce - the decision was taken (ie no change to release) pretty quickly by Sam.

They also followed up with some jibes about Bramble which were also fair enough reflecting his Jekyll and Hyde nature.

I certainly think he deserved more of a fresh chance than Luque.

The problem with Dyer is the number of times we've heard the same crap - and all at a ludicrous wage.

Bit odd that they're keen to get rid of Dyer, but were angry when Bramble was released.

Their view on Bramble, which I share was that there was no sense of "clean slate" from Allardyce - the decision was taken (ie no change to release) pretty quickly by Sam.

They also followed up with some jibes about Bramble which were also fair enough reflecting his Jekyll and Hyde nature.

The problem with Dyer is the number of times we've heard the same crap - and all at a ludicrous wage.

For about the millionth time: Bramble was out of contract. Giving him another one would have been ludicrous imo.

i cant believe you are saying Bramble deserved a "clean slate". At times it was a discace to see him in the shirt. He had more than enough "clean slates" imo. I was seriously considering not re-newing my ticket if we had have given him another contract!

No more ludicrous than persevering with Luque.

Its a completely different situation! Luque is still under contract and no-one is in a rush to try and sign him. How is giving him a chance rather than letting him rot away in the reserves anything like giving Bramble a new contract?