nufc.com

lovejoy

Because giving Luque a chance is a complete waste of time and effort whereas Bramble did on occasion have something.

So what do we do? Just let him train with the kiddies for the next 2 years while he is taking home £50-£60k a week?

Sounds like a great idea.

Because giving Luque a chance is a complete waste of time and effort whereas Bramble did on occasion have something.

What's he supposed to do with Luque then?

But

Buy out his contract and wave adios - we're not going to get any money for him or any value as a footballer via his wages so why waste the effort of the medical and coaching staff?

So lets pay out a few million and get rid rather than seeing if we can get any use out of him at all?

So which one are you then? The brain surgeon or the rocket scientist?

But

Buy out his contract and wave adios - we're not going to get any money for him or any value as a footballer via his wages so why waste the effort of the medical and coaching staff?

if it was you, would you buy out your contract?

edit..looks like i didn't understand the post.. ah fuck it

Marcelino and Viana - letting them go was a pisser but correct in the long run - same for Luque imo.

We sold Viana and didn't Marcelino's contract run out?

I would imagine paying Luque off is going to cost us a good £5m. Why not see if we can get anything out of him? I don't hold out much hope but to be fair to the lad he has cancelled his honeymoon so there are signs he is willing to work for it and he showed in his time in Spain (and on very very few occasions here) that he has talent and can deliver a clever ball.

I don't see what we have to lose giving him a go, would much rather do that than fork out another load of money for bugger all.

But

Well, if Allardyce had done that, then he'd have been a hypocrite. I don't see any value in not giving Luque a chance under the new manager, we've got nothing to lose. I'm not particularly fond of the player btw. Not really interested in getting into another debate about him as there's a few who love to bum him for some reason. Your original point about Bramble doesn't hold any water though in my view.

I think we did get a fee for Viana but the loss was horrendouus - Marcelino I think was a "deal" to get rid - possibly not the full whack.

I'm playing the advocate a bit here - I probably do hope Luque "comes good" - I just don't see it happening.

I think some of the comments about Bramble are over harsh thats all - Taylor has his local card to get away with equally horrendous errors  sometimes on the basis of "potential" or needing to play along side a brain - I think the same could be said about Bramble - he was at his best along side Woodgate and I honestly think if we could sign a "brain" then it would have been two for the price of one.

Still doesn't change the fact that Bramble wasn't under contract so to give him a chance would have meant a new contract on probably improved terms. If Luque was out of contract this summer I am pretty sure we would have been leaving with the rest.

I think we did get a fee for Viana but the loss was horrendouus - Marcelino I think was a "deal" to get rid - possibly not the full whack.

I'm playing the advocate a bit here - I probably do hope Luque "comes good" - I just don't see it happening.

I think some of the comments about Bramble are over harsh thats all - Taylor has his local card to get away with equally horrendous errors  sometimes on the basis of "potential" or needing to play along side a brain - I think the same could be said about Bramble - he was at his best along side Woodgate and I honestly think if we could sign a "brain" then it would have been two for the price of one.

Andy O'Brien was good alongside Woodgate which probably tells you all about how good Woodgate was here. Bramble was (on the whole) not good enough for 5 years iirc. Allardyce would have seen enough of him before he arrived I would imagine. Also, I think we'd have to have made a decent offer to keep Bramble, given the fact he was available on a Bosman. I'm not convinced by Taylor myself btw but he's a lot younger than Bramble. I don't think the latter can be considered as 'having potential' any more.

Still doesn't change the fact that Bramble wasn't under contract so to give him a chance would have meant a new contract on probably improved terms. If Luque was out of contract this summer I am pretty sure we would have been leaving with the rest.

Yeah I know the timing was poor which does make the argument a bit different - tbh I was kind of hoping he didn't get any offers and we might have got him on a Bernard type cheapy.

I'm not going to top myself over it - just an opinion.

what the hell are you on about?not only wos Taylor our bst defender last year he wos england u-21s best in the summer!Bramble got so many chances in all fairness and basically he wos shit 9 times outta 10!for god sake he didnt even bother to look after him self!he looked like the honey monster!

what the hell are you on about?not only wos Taylor our bst defender last year he wos england u-21s best in the summer!Bramble got so many chances in all fairness and basically he wos s*** 9 times outta 10!for god sake he didnt even bother to look after him self!he looked like the honey monster!

how do you know he didn't bother to look after himself?

he spent enough time in the gym, even if for half of it he had the tripod out

as a guy who spends a lot of time lifting weights, it pisses me off when the 11 stone resentful c***s come out and accuse a guy who's obviously spent a lot of time developing his upper body of being 'fat' and 'out of shape' etc