nufc.com

lovejoy

i have said it before and i will say it again, 'nial and biffa' are a pair of goons who have got well above their station.

i can see already that they are going to be against big sam and on his back at every opportunity, depsite yesterday saying they had vented their splein and were now 100% behind him.

http://www.nufc.com/

now they are saying it is 'rotten management' to get rid of titus? are they all there?

yesterday they commented on the bbc reporters digging up dirt on big sam.

pair of f****** mongs, who will lose the fans if they are not carefull, it is the first time we have all been positive in years

'the fans voice' my f****** arse.

they've run THE Newcatsle web site for years

they try and keep it relevant, they are a damn site less biased than any other out there

They're entitled to their opinion

I think you're just jealous of your elders and betters TBH

The bottom line with Bramble was the Anfield 'reception' he got when he came on as a sub a couple of years ago. I have never seen a player so ironically cheered and laughed on to the pitch. That has to be worse than being booed on.

...and this "mentally weak" person was then man of the match....

Most people conveniently forget this, along with all the rest of the good performances he put in. They also forget that even good players playing in a disorganised mess of a defence will make mistakes and concede goals. We even had a shit defence when Woodgate was in it, yet people still seem to think that the sun shines out of his arse, for some reason.

Not saying that Titus was a world beater or anything, but he's a damn sight better than the bandwagon jumpers say he is.

i have said it before and i will say it again, 'nial and biffa' are a pair of goons who have got well above their station.

i can see already that they are going to be against big sam and on his back at every opportunity, depsite yesterday saying they had vented their splein and were now 100% behind him.

http://www.nufc.com/

now they are saying it is 'rotten management' to get rid of titus? are they all there?

yesterday they commented on the bbc reporters digging up dirt on big sam.

pair of f****** mongs, who will lose the fans if they are not carefull, it is the first time we have all been positive in years

'the fans voice' my f****** arse.

they've run THE Newcatsle web site for years

they try and keep it relevant, they are a damn site less biased than any other out there

They're entitled to their opinion

I think you're just jealous of your elders and betters TBH

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The bottom line with Bramble was the Anfield 'reception' he got when he came on as a sub a couple of years ago. I have never seen a player so ironically cheered and laughed on to the pitch. That has to be worse than being booed on.

Most people conveniently forget this, along with all the rest of the good performances he put in. They also forget that even good players playing in a disorganised mess of a defence will make mistakes and concede goals. We even had a shit defence when Woodgate was in it, yet people still seem to think that the sun shines out of his arse, for some reason.

Not saying that Titus was a world beater or anything, but he's a damn sight better than the bandwagon jumpers say he is.

:o

:lol:

These are anti-Bramble bandwagon jumpers rather than Keegan bandwagon jumpers.

There's a whole world of bandwagon jumpers out there, don't you know? ;)

Like many have already said.

Used to be my first port of call when logging on. Barely even check now. Only check one or two things a couple of times a month.

They're entitled to their opinion of course but I just get the impression that they're not quite as objective and honest as they used to be. I can't prove anything - just a general feeling I get. They used to be scathing in their criticism of the regime.... demanding answers and wanting progress. :rolleyes:

That's one long bandwagon though mate. Several years long.

It is. :nods:

The bandwagon effect is the observation that people often do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. The effect is often pejoratively referred to as herding instinct, particularly as applied to adolescents. Without examining the merits of the particular thing, people tend to “follow the crowd”. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect

There's no time element involved in bandwagon jumping, bandwagons can go on forever, if needs be.

They are entitled to their opinions just like anyone else is and have been running a magnificent web-based service for NUFC news for what must be knocking on 10 years. They are 2 blokes (both cracking lads) who have day to day jobs yet still knock out a very, very good NUFC website.

The bandwagon effect is the observation that people often do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. The effect is often pejoratively referred to as herding instinct, particularly as applied to adolescents. Without examining the merits of the particular thing, people tend to “follow the crowd”. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

There's no time element involved in bandwagon jumping, bandwagons can go on forever, if needs be.

Nowt to do with seeing him not being good enough over the course of his five years and 147 appearances worth of chances? :razz:

Going around in circles anyway. Never mind. :thup:

I think Indi meant the people who make him out to be the worst defender we have ever had and struggle to acknowledge him ever having a good game.

Those are idiots, not bandwagon jumpers.

Nowt to do with seeing him not being good enough over the course of his five years and 147 appearances worth of chances? :razz:

What proportion of those appearances was he "shite" in, though? How does that compare with others, Taylor for example?

The 'Geordie' Bramble.

I agree with this, but that doesn't mean that I think Taylor is crap, just that he is a raw talent who if he had come into the team at the same time as Bramble would now be in a similar situation, ie still a raw talent. Both have never had decent coaching in the "art" of defending, if they had, we wouldn't be having this conversation and we'd probably have won something by now. Hopefully Sam will bring some decent coaching and organisation to our defence, but if he doesn't then a few years down the line we'll be having the same conversation about Taylor. I say this all the time, but defenders are made not born.

What proportion of those appearances was he "shite" in, though? How does that compare with others, Taylor for example?

No exact idea, but it's too often to warrant a new contract. Taylor has age on his side, but if he doesn't improve then he'll be gone too. Bramble hasn't improved, and no longer has age on his side.

No idea, but it's too often to warrant a new contract. Taylor has age on his side, but if he doesn't improve then he'll be gone too. Bramble hasn't improved, and no longer has age on his side.

Which is what I'm saying.

The reason is because he's never had decent coaching and if Taylor doesn't get it it'll happen to him and all - as you say.

I'm not really arguing with you though Dave, I'm arguing with the people who are slating Bramble in this thread and sucking Taylor off in the other thread. I guarantee that it'll be the exact same people who rip him to shreds a couple of years down the line if he never gets "made" into a good defender. These people have an unrealistically low opinion of Titus and an unrealistically high opinion of Taylor, they need to get some kind of grasp on reality, to be honest.

Until we have a well organised and well trained defence, we will never have any good defenders, if we do get that then Taylor has the potential to be a very good defender and this would have applied to Bramble - even though he's a bit older - if he were still here.

Agreed, though I think Allardyce made the decision that he doesn't want to/can't work with Bramble, hence releasing him. Even if it was his first day, I can't see that the club let him go without the manager's stamp of approval.

Titus reminds me of that "death-eating" bloke on the Green Mile. Looks threatening, but simple and harmless.and wouldn't hurt a fly. Landed with his bum in the butter with a multi-k a week contract, but not really competent. Will wind though life with  a smile on his face.

He reminds me of Bob Sapp in The Longest Yard.

"He broke-ded my nose"

Guest alex

So Bramble never had decent coaching in his last year at Ipswich or his entire Newcastle career Indy? Howay man, he's just not good enough.

So Bramble never had decent coaching in his last year at Ipswich or his entire Newcastle career Indy? Howay man, he's just not good enough.

So Newcastle Utd have always had a well coached well organised defence with players that looked like they knew what they were doing and who left the club better players than they were when they joined - or in fact improved in any way whilst they were at the club - during Bramble's entire Newcastle career, alex? Howay man, the coaching is just not good enough.

I'm not talking about Ipswich.

• 2 weeks later...

Wigan peer:

Latics looking

at lummox 

Our man in the mint balls factory tells us that former Magpies Titus Bramble is currently mulling over a contract offer from Wigan, with Birmingham City waiting in the wings.

As far as we can tell, it's the football club who play at the JJB looking to capture Bramble - not the rugby league outfit....

from . com today.

only the other week they were claiming he had international potential etc? :uglystupid2:

they have a cheek laughing at anal, they are no better

I don't agree with quite a bit they have to say, but I've never seen the site advertised as impartial - it's their own views and the main site is pretty much 100% op ed.  If you want middle of the road blandness that doesn't tread on any toes read the programme (Or do they still make Black & White magazine?)

I don't agree with quite a bit they have to say, but I've never seen the site advertised as impartial - it's their own views and the main site is pretty much 100% op ed.  If you want middle of the road blandness that doesn't tread on any toes read the programme (Or do they still make Black & White magazine?)

im not looking for impartial, im looking for consistent, as im pretty sure most fans are