De Zeeuw

Guest Alan_Shearer

Guest Alan_Shearer

Just been released by Wigan. I remember on a MOTD last season when the lads broke down how Wigan had such a successful season. Came down to their defence, primarily lead by De Zeeuw.

37...but still a good CB i feel. Could take him for a season or 2 maybe? What u think? I bet alot of you will dismiss him...but he is a good defender, and an improvement on what he have.

Why don't we get Maldini while we're at it, only 39 in June!  ???

I would love Maldini here :D

Why don't we get Maldini while we're at it, only 39 in June!  ???

Scrap that - Costacurta is en route to St.J right now.

Costacurta and Maldini - Yes Yes! The oldest centrebacks playing the professional game, would definately suite Newcastle! All that pace!

Aparently Costacurta is going to stay at AC to become Carlo Ancelotti's assistant coach, but I reckon if we offer him a night with Owen and a great pension scheme anything is possible!

Guest Alan_Shearer

I cant believe u noobs are saying this just because he's 37. There is no reason why a defender can be world class at that age. The best defenders in the world are 35 give or take a year. Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini etc. Which are waaaay out of Newcastles league.

Spose you won't want Sol Campbell or has been a sensation for Pompy this season at 33...

I cant believe u noobs are saying this just because he's 37. There is no reason why a defender can be world class at that age. The best defenders in the world are 35 give or take a year. Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini etc. Which are waaaay out of Newcastles league.

Spose you won't want Sol Campbell or has been a sensation for Pompy this season at 33...

noobs :lol:

:lol:

Guest gggg

Cannovaro = shit this season

Nesta = being released by Milan

Maldini = past it

None of them are the best in the world. The best defenders in the world are 28-32.

Not sure what that has to with De Zeeuw mind he's never been the best defender at his club never mind one of the best in the world , and the best team he's played for his Portsmouth.

I'd be happy to see him at WHL to do the same job as Naybet, play a bit, organise the defence, bit of coaching the kids.

Naybet goes out the door and we ship 50 odd goals.  De Zeeuw was always a good organiser of the defence at Pompey and Wigan, we could do a lot worse than draw on his experience.  Could probably say the same for Newcastle too.

So let me get this straight ...

Tal Ben Haim and Distin are available on frees but you want De Zeeuw who Wigan decided wasn't good enough for them?

Surely noobody can deny that there is only one noob amongst us.

Guest trainer

Yea, sign him up he stopped wigan from leaking goals this season and got them into a great position in the table!!!!!

Guest Alan_Shearer

Tal Ben Haim and Distin are available on frees

Yeah...cause we are really gonna get them...we need more than 1st team defenders too we just let 4 leave u C*NT.

Fact is Alan_Shearer that there are numerous better players available. De Zeeuw may be free, but we still have to play wages. We'd have to make a longer term investment sooner or later, it may as well be now.