Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Are some of the people in this thread smacked off their tits?

I think so, Viduka no better than Shola, another Sib! :lol:

I wouldn't sign Rio Ferdinand either, he is just another Bramble!

Anal is full of shit.  Don't believe a word that fucker writes.

That being said, Viduka and Ben Haim would both be good signings, IMO.

And Dyer to Chelsea ... don't see it happening, but would love to see it come off.

Viduka is immensely talented and would offer us something different up front. I would have a few concerns over his desire and commitment if he was only to be used as a bit-part player, but on a free, it's a no-brainer.

Guest Toon83

Viduka would be an awesome signing and he still has alot of class which makes up for his lack of pace, he is strong, holds up the ball well, and scores goals which is the kind of striker we have been missing in the past year since Shearer left, and for nothing he would be an amazing piece of business, wages wouldnt be a problem, and the age thing shouldnt worry anyone, because Big Sam is known for adding years onto players careers.

Ben Haim would also be a great signing, again just the type of experienced centre half we need to play alongside an ever developing steven taylor, and having already played under Sam then he would jump at the chance to play here IMO

Getting these two in would be a great start to our future development

In the past, like most, I've been pretty sceptical on the aussie but throughout his whole career he has always impressed me with his class and ability to score. When scoring 17 goals last term I couldn't help but think he would be a class player to have in our squad and hes still 32 which isn't exactly ancient. I'm guessing he still has another 2 seasons in him at least

I'd be very happy with Mark signing for free. Sam will get the best out of him and ensure he wouldn't slack. Ben Haim would also be a great free signing too, I'm pretty damn positive about Newcastle for the first time in ages, can't wait to get cracking :thup:

Viduka is 32

Sibierski is 33

Sibierski ratio is 1 goal per 4 games :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Viduka scored 20 goals in 37 games or something

Sibierski is old and slow and i hope Big Sam releases him and after that to sign Viduka

Also i hope we will sign Ben Haim

That will be great business signing 2 good players for free

Dyer to Chelsea as replacement for Lampard=Jesus on a gondole :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Viduka is 32

Sibierski is 33

Sibierski is old and slow and i hope Big Sam releases him and after that to sign Viduka

I agree. Viduka instead of Sibi is the way forward I reckon.

Harmless holding onto Sibierski for another season.

I was against keeping him on under Roeder, because i knew that he'd be content with that striking line-up and wouldn't add to it. But Sam knows that the forward department needs adding to, so there's no harm in brining in Viduka and hanging onto Sibierski at the same time. He won't be on much and i'm content with him as a 'bottom-of-the-barrel' player, to put it cruelly.

I was against keeping him on under Roeder, because i knew that he'd be content with that striking line-up and wouldn't add to it. But Sam knows that the forward department needs adding to, so there's no harm in brining in Viduka and hanging onto Sibierski at the same time. He won't be on much and i'm content with him as a 'bottom-of-the-barrel' player, to put it cruelly.

Personally, I'd like to see Carroll in ahead of Sibierski. The lad needs experience and he's not going to get it if he's behind that fucking plank. With all due respect like... ;)

Viduka is 32

Sibierski is 33

Dyer to Chelsea as replacement for Lampard=Jesus on a gondole :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Viduka is 31, still has 3 years in him imo

Personally, I'd like to see Carroll in ahead of Sibierski. The lad needs experience and he's not going to get it if he's behind that fucking plank. With all due respect like... ;)

If we don't plan to send Carroll out on loan, then aye... let Sibierski go.

Agree with you.I had rather give Carroll a chance then playing this old man Sibierski

But knowing Big Sam im expecting to keep Sibierski and loan Carroll then releasing Sibierski and relying on Carroll

Guest sicko2ndbest

Remember how old Shearer was (34) when he finished playing. Shearer got slated on here for losing 2 yards of pace, which had a massive effect on his game as he relied on it at his peak.

Viduka has never relied on pace and is very much a Teddy Sheringham type player very skilful, good one touch, holds ball up well and great vision. At 32 Viduka has a good 3 seasons left no doubt.