Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest gggg

Heinze's contract runs out in 2009.

i doubt they'll sell him either after all the defensive problems they had this season.

i doubt they'll sell him either after all the defensive problems they had this season.

I bet they'd accept dosh while they still can. Same with what i said about Bridge, offer them a decent amount - nothing extravegant, say £3m, and tell them to take it or leave it. It's a decent offer that - and it'd be a coup from our point of view aswell. I reckon they'd probably be tempted.

Though with Bridge, i said £5m. Same principal applies.

not to mention the fact manure are possibly releasing him I think he would be ideal for us.

Really!?

On a free we're having a fucking laugh. Ben Haim, Campbell and Heinze for threepence. :lol:

Won't Pompey have something to say about that?

I bet they'd accept dosh while they still can. Same with what i said about Bridge, offer them a decent amount - nothing extravegant, say £3m, and tell them to take it or leave it. It's a decent offer that - and it'd be a coup from our point of view aswell. I reckon they'd probably be tempted.

Though with Bridge, i said £5m. Same principal applies.

That's the big difference for me now though. Whereas before I'd have been wary of buying unknowns for canny fees under Souness and Roeder, under Sam - I'd back his judgement and scouting of the player and probably expect them fit in better and perform from day 1.

It's nice having a manager you trust.  :)

not to mention the fact manure are possibly releasing him I think he would be ideal for us.

Really!?

On a free we're having a fucking laugh. Ben Haim, Campbell and Heinze for threepence. :lol:

Won't Pompey have something to say about that?

Well yeah - i wasn't saying that Campbell would be on a free. I was exaggerating. Still, it wouldn't be a large fee... and Ben Haim, Heinze and Campbell for a combined 'minimal fee' is pretty good going!

All entirely hypothetical i know - but i've been injected with a new burst of hope!

If you think Pompey are going to let Campbell go for next to nowt, you're living in cloud cuckoo land imo. They don't need to sell and they've already made clear their intentions by breaking from their "one year extensions for over 30s" policy just for him.

If you think Pompey are going to let Campbell go for next to nowt, you're living in cloud cuckoo land imo. They don't need to sell and they've already made clear their intentions by breaking from their "one year extensions for over 30s" policy just for him.

Would never be anything more than £4m... which would be a very steep price to pay either way.

Like i said, i was being hypothetical.

Other than Ben Haim, of which i think there is a very high possibility of us aquiring his services, i really wouldn't want to place a bet of any significance on what other defenders we may bring in. But i suppose you could say that for the vast majority of Allardyce's potential transfer dealings this summer.

Just so excited. :D

Although, as optimistic as i am about Sam's new recruits (low profile players fresh for turning into high profile ones), i really don't see a need to not sort out the wing-back situation properly. Once he addresses the squad more thoroughly, i think he'll probably see that. I'd still love to see a Baines/Bridge coming through the door and if there's £15/20m to blow, i don't see why not.

Portsmouth wont let Campbell go but if he doesnt want to play for them anymore and wants to come to Newcastle then they will be forced to sell him at low price.

It all depends on Campbell desires and how much Allardyce wants him.

Guest BooBoo

The Sunday Sun is arse wiping material. Not sure whether its tales have any real realibility.

If Heinzes IS gonna leave Man U at the end of his contract (otherwise why hasnt he extended it) i would doubt he is holding out to sign for NUFC, unless it was purely for a big pay packet.

If Heinzes IS gonna leave Man U at the end of his contract (otherwise why hasnt he extended it) i would doubt he is holding out to sign for NUFC, unless it was purely for a big pay packet.

He was interested in moving to Italy as far as i can remember

Inter were interested in him.

We dont have a chance with him.

He was shit again yesterday, and it doesn't look as if he has that much of a future with them, but he's out of our league.

Any of you lads/lasses heard of Alfonso Alves from Heerenveen?

Apparently scored 34 goals in 31 games or something ridiculous like that...sounds like a potential acquisition and I believe we would have a chance getting him.

I would like Huntelaar myself but can't compete with Man U etc.

Apparently scored 34 goals in 31 games or something ridiculous like that...sounds like a potential acquisition and I believe we would have a chance getting him.

FM?

Guest Mixon

Yes, he actually played in Malmö FF and Örgryte IS here in Sweden before moving to Heerenveen. You could always see he was something special, and also too good for the Swedish Allsvenskan league.

FM?

no - i'm pretty sure I didn't get this guy's name from FM.

I didn't come up with the stat"34 goals from 31 games" from a virtual world you know. :lol:

but with that kind of record i will look for him in FM.

no he was on the soccernet website

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=432875&root=england&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1&cc=3436

Look under Man City. If they have a chance to get him - I'm sure we have.

FM?

no - i'm pretty sure I didn't get this guy's name from FM.

I didn't come up with the stat"34 goals from 31 games" from a virtual world you know. :lol:

but with that kind of record i will look for him in FM.

no he was on the soccernet website

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=432875&root=england&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1&cc=3436

Look under Man City. If they have a chance to get him - I'm sure we have.

I've heard of him :laugh:

Linked with him back in the January transfer window.

Some points...

1) That was then, this is now. Since then he has carried on scoring bajillions of goals and has just made the Brazil squad. I think that moves him up a notch in terms of getability.

2) I don't believe he qualifies for a work permit.

3) There is a poster on the City forum I use who is a Heerenveen fan (Legacy of the Samaras transfer). Obviously he had an opinion on this story, and altho he thinks Alves is great he said he doesn't think he's cut out for the premiership. Never seen him myself so wouldn't know, but the same guy said Samaras wasn't ready so...I'm inclined to go with him.

PS: For the FM players, and lazy soccernet hacks, Its not Alfonso, its Afonso  :police:[/pedant]