EPL Teams next season - Strongest ever?

Dokko

I really like Villa as a club and also Stilian Petrov plays there and im Bulgarian.

BTW what do you think about him?

I've heard that most of the Villa fans think that he has been big disappointment so far

He was brilliant in his first two or three games, then dreadful for months, then when he stopped having to play with Gavin McCann and started playing the holding midfield role himself, he was excellent.

Expecting big improvements from him next season, but his end of season form was good.

I too think Bolton will really struggle next season. It was clearly SA's club from top to bottom, and even if some of the backroom team are still there, they will find it very hard.

I'd expect Liverpool to start making a proper, serious challenge for the league.

I'd expect Newcastle to become much, much harder to beat.

I'd expect Villa to start turning some of those draws into wins.

I'd expect West Ham to have another tricky season, based on the fact they're lumbered with all those arsey, expensive panic buys from last season. And the possibility of points deduction, obv.

I'd expect Everton to do the same or slightly less well, depending on how they buy.

I'd expect Spurs to have another good season and improve again.

I think the newly promoted clubs will all find it hard, but suspect West Brom may stay up.

I think Reading may well be next season's Wigan and find it much harder, again, depends massively how they buy.

Man City - Up in the air ATM with takeover talk, but with so much going on hard to make an assumption (Slight Improvement)

Utter cretin of a manager to be replaced by proven quality.

Penny pinching chairman replaced by Gajillionaire.

"Slight Improvement"  :laugh:

(Note that at this stage I refuse to entertain thoughts of any of the above not happening, its the off season, I'm allowed to be happy!)

High hopes? :D

Erm, ya.

Link: Thai's make formal CIty bid

http://humpday.com/bcr/media/1/20061130-scrooge.jpg

Man City - Up in the air ATM with takeover talk, but with so much going on hard to make an assumption (Slight Improvement)

Utter cretin of a manager to be replaced by proven quality.

Penny pinching chairman replaced by Gajillionaire.

"Slight Improvement"  :laugh:

(Note that at this stage I refuse to entertain thoughts of any of the above not happening, its the off season, I'm allowed to be happy!)

High hopes? :D

Erm, ya.

Link: Thai's make formal CIty bid

http://humpday.com/bcr/media/1/20061130-scrooge.jpg

The only think you need to do now is to hire Chris Coleman as manager :razz:

I don't think Chelsea will spend big this summer. Abramovich quibbled over a couple of mil in Jan when they desperately needed cover at centre back, so I can't see him being overly keen on splashing out loads now when they don't really have any weaknesses. They'll buy to replace the players who leave, but that's it.

God knows what Rafa will do. He has so far shown a slightly annoying tendancy to pull out of deals because the price is a million or so too high and go for second choice players. Liverpool forums are awash with names like Eto'o, Torres, Henry (yes, I know), but I'd be very surprised if we get such high-profile players. We still need a top-class winger and striker, despite Rafa having already signed at least 5 of each. That and a decent start to the season this time around, and we might have a shout.

Personally, I reckon Newcastle will be much improved next season, even if you don't make that many signings. Allardyce is a man who knows what he wants and how to get there.

Guest Darth Toon

Teams getting stronger:

Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham, Man City

Same:

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Portsmouth, Everton

Weaker:

Bolton, Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn, Reading, Smogs

Could well be a very entertaining battle for European places coming up, with more teams having decent money to spend. I also think (and certainly hope!) that the chasing pack will get a bit closer to the top 4.

Very encouraging to see on this thread fans of other clubs taking the Toon a bit more seriously with Allardyce in charge - compare to the general consensus on Roeder this time last season!

Guest sharath

Manchester united - Weaker

how will we be weaker? we had no proper DM which we will have in hargy bargy.

We didn't have a proper winger apart from ronaldo. we will have park fit and another new winger.

we didn't have a proper striker for half the season, we are buying a new striker.

--------

And its funny how liverpool are thought to be much much stronger....they have been saying this for the last 17 years spending money each season. but they are always where they are in the league. Thirrrrrrrrd.  Benitez since coming to liverpool has spent more than anyone ( bar maybe chelsea).

I like the way Rafa works tbh. He hasn't spent heavily on one player but he's taking little risks with more unknown players (Gonzales, Pennant etc.) and hoping one of them works out. So far, some have (Agger, Arbeloa to an extent, Crouch) and some haven't (Bellamy, Pennant) but this summer will probably be the one where he spends the cash on the stars (Alves maybe). Liverpool will definitely be stronger next season. I don't anticipate them changing their style because it is effective but I do believe that if they get players who are proven to be the cream of the crop, they'll be more 'efficient' and instead of losing certain games, they'll get a point and instead of drawing certain games, they'll win.

With Arsenal, it really depends on how much money they have available to spend. The return of Henry will be like a new signing to them anyways so they're going to be better. He's still 29, should be at his peak. I really expect him to be a world-beater once again. I've heard Arsenal are actually asking him to come back 2 weeks earlier or something to make sure he's fit and raring to go straight from the off. Thus, I expect Arsenal to challenge for the title just because they won't be dropping points to mid-table fodder anymore (like they did to us, Villa, Everton, Boro etc.) as Henry's magic will be enough. There's also the boy wonder Fabregas who should continue to improve and next season should be even better as he'll have less pressure on him. Add to that the development of Walcott, the adjustment to the league by Rosicky (and Hleb to an extent), Arsenal will be better.

With Chelsea, it's safe to assume they'll also be better. The core of the team is still there and with a summer of stability (ie. no major incomings or outgoings), I anticipate Chelsea to be the hardest team to beat next season. You also have to consider the fact that Ballack and Shevchenko will be better just because they're quality players and will continue to adjust to the league. Champions next season = Chelsea.

Onto the Champions of this season, I don't think they can be much stronger unless they find a replacement for Giggs and Scholes. They've already upgraded one of their weaknesses (center midfield) with the purchase of Hargreaves. Now, the question with Manyoo is whether or not their two main players can reproduce and possibly better what they've accomplished this season, the two players being Rooney and Ronaldo. And they will have to at least match what they did this season because Giggs, Neville and Scholes will be a year older, and they're not exactly on the right side of their 'peak' either. Rooney and Ronaldo are quality, but I have a feeling that Manyoo depend on them too much and they won't be able to make up for any drop in form from the aforementioned aging trio.

Of course, the summer's just begun and everything and anything could change.

And its funny how liverpool are thought to be much much stronger....they have been saying this for the last 17 years spending money each season. but they are always where they are in the league. Thirrrrrrrrd.  Benitez since coming to liverpool has spent more than anyone ( bar maybe chelsea).

I reckon about 50m net. Which is either a hell of a lot or some shrewd business when he insisted on replacing the whole bloody squad.

By my reckoning, he's already signed 5 strikers and 5 wingers and we're still looking for new ones.

= Man United 

^ Chelsea

= Liverpool

= Arsenal

^ Tottenham

= Everton

v Bolton

v Reading

= Portsmouth

v Blackburn

^ Aston Villa

v Middlesbrough

^ Newcastle United

^ Man City

^ West Ham United

v Fulham

= Wigan Athletic

= Man United 

^ Chelsea

= Liverpool

= Arsenal

^ Tottenham

= Everton

v Bolton

v Reading

= Portsmouth

v Blackburn

^ Aston Villa

v Middlesbrough

^ Newcastle United

^ Man City

^ West Ham United

v Fulham

= Wigan Athletic

I take it that's in no particular order?

= Man United 

^ Chelsea

= Liverpool

= Arsenal

^ Tottenham

= Everton

v Bolton

v Reading

= Portsmouth

v Blackburn

^ Aston Villa

v Middlesbrough

^ Newcastle United

^ Man City

^ West Ham United

v Fulham

= Wigan Athletic

Final league table?

= Man United 

^ Chelsea

= Liverpool

= Arsenal

^ Tottenham

= Everton

v Bolton

v Reading

= Portsmouth

v Blackburn

^ Aston Villa

v Middlesbrough

^ Newcastle United

^ Man City

^ West Ham United

v Fulham

= Wigan Athletic

That's how they finished this past season.

Pretty silly to predict who will be stronger or weaker without knowing who is going where--- absurd to pick how they'll finish.

Manchester united - Weaker

how will we be weaker? we had no proper DM which we will have in hargy bargy.

We didn't have a proper winger apart from ronaldo. we will have park fit and another new winger.

we didn't have a proper striker for half the season, we are buying a new striker.

Hey, Chelsea picked up Sheva and Ballack. Did they improve?

Go ahead, buy that striker and Hargreaves.... Carrick and him will work out beautifully. It's guaranteed.

talking about money and power... what does anyone think about Beckham returning to the England squad?

talking about money and power... what does anyone think about Beckham returning to the England squad?

Will anything make any difference except the firing of McClaren? We're doomed.