Bayern confirm Hargreaves sale.

Optimistic Nut

Unless they intended on fielding Owen in the holding-role, I don't see how they would.

I think he is talking about when Ferguson promised 8 years ago that he would never have two players in his team with the name Owen, Surname or Forename.

I think he's probably talking about the absense of a money tree growing in the centre circle at OT.

PS: I just realised Hargreaves is shit. I'll change my mind if the deal doesn't go thru tho :laugh: :idiot2:

I am certain they could afford to spend another £11m or so if they needed to.

I just wonder where him and Carrick will fit in together? Can't see them complimenting each other.

I thought Carrick was more creative and Hargreaves more defensive like Sissoko and Alonso.

I just wonder where him and Carrick will fit in together? Can't see them complimenting each other.

Competing with each other!!  They won't work well together unless Fergie has a complete rethink on the midfield and uses 2 holding MF's as Wenger did with Vieira and Petit.  There are then still Ronaldo and Giggs out wide but then, what about Scholes?

I think Carrick will be spending a lot of next season on the bench, even if he did cost more.

Will be a very good pair IMO. Similar to that of Gattuso and Pirlo.

The real question is how will Scholes fit in. I suspect that Fergi planning a 433 tbh.

I thought Carrick was more creative and Hargreaves more defensive like Sissoko and Alonso.

Maybe he wants to have a the option of 433 for Europe. They are a little light-weight in the middle with Scholes and Carrick's attempts at tackling.

Carrick's decent in possession and keeps things ticking over well in the midfield but I've never thought of him as someone who's going to unlock an organised defence with a bit of magic. Who knows, they may dovetail nicely and dominate the central midfield allowing Giggs and Ronaldo a bit more leeway to get forward? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Will be a very good pair IMO. Similar to that of Gattuso and Pirlo.

The real question is how will Scholes fit in. I suspect that Fergi planning a 433 tbh.

Scholes > Carrick

If anyone's worried about their position it's going to be Carrick....Scholes isn't getting any younger but he's still undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in the world.

Rooney

Scholes

Giggs   Ronaldo

Carrick   Hargreaves

Maybe?

Hargreaves the battler, the chaser. Running around after every ball in the midfield, then either giving it to the two wingers or driving the team forward. Carrick to be the one that takes the ball from the defence and tries to make something happen?

Just looking at yesterday's team, they'll play the same formation, but just replace Fletcher with Hargreaves :lol: what an upgrade!

The thing with yesterday's team was, they were already dominating the midfield. They just couldn't open up Chelsea's defence. Hargreaves gives them more options than Fletcher. He can tackle, he can pass, he has pace, he can shoot as well. He's also pretty good at set pieces. He has many attributes that Fergie can use to improve the way they play. It's not like they need to change their style of football. They played this formation against Milan (both games), so it shows that they're used to it (with Saha always being injured, they've had to become accustomed to this way of playing).

Hargreaves is an excellent defensive midfielder. He had Kaka in his pocket when Bayern played Milan. I dare say that only Liverpool and Chelsea have DMs of the same quality in the Prem (Mascherano and Makelele), and Makelele will be off in the summer.

Fairly blatantly looking at a 4-3-3 tbh, they've abandoned the 4-4-2 for a while now.

---------Carrick---Hargreaves----------

--------------Scholes

Ronaldo-----------------Rooney

--------------New CF

Get themselves a good focal point center forward ala Drogba and they'll be scary next season tbh. Hargreaves and Carrick will provide a solid engine room, while Scholes will be the man expected to get forward from CM and do the majority of the creating.

Ronaldo will get at teams down the wing, while Rooney can drift in off the left and will benefit hugely from having a proper center forward to play off and take the burden of scoring goals off him, allowing him to play a bit deeper.

Still have Giggs on the bench who can provide cover for nearly anyone in that attacking 6.

The defence looks very good as well, and that Foster isn't bad at all.

Replace Scholes with Kaka in 2 years and we may as well all top ourselves tbh.

Carrick has been immense this season like.

I'd agree, and I think adding Hargreaves will help him even more.

Carrick isn't your all-action ballwinner type, and that's what they've lacked in midfield. It was particularly shown up in the Milan game where they desperately needed someone in there to throw themselves about and disrupt Milan's play.

One of my Man U fan friends was getting a bit on Carrick's back about that game, saying that as the holding midfielder it's his job to get stuck in. Never seen that as been his game tbh, he's more the Pirlo of the CM. With Hargreaves to do the Gattusso job now I'd expect Man U to be very strong in midfield.

I think Hargreaves will basically just replace Fletcher (obviously not in the same role tho)

.....Carrick...Scholes...Hargreaves

Ronaldo...............................Giggs

..................Rooney