Fowler

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yes. Sign him - it's a no brainer. He's free.

And what with Sam being one of the best coaches in the world ever ever ever, I'm sure Sam could get the very best out of him. If Sam can't do it, nobody can. [/tongueincheek]

:razz:

Guest Knightrider

No, he's been average ever since that injury 10 years ago, but don't let that ruin the image all Scousers have of him as a footballing GOD.

Agreed, great finisher in his pomp mind and a very exciting talent, but ultimately someone who wasted his career in my opinion. People point to his injuries as an excuse but that didn't deter Shearer or others. I think Folwer got complacent and spent too many nights on the lash partying when supposed to be at home recovering from an injury. Houllier was spot on to peddle him because since then he's done naff all, the last 5 or so years of his career have been a blur on the footballing landscape. I don't get all this god thing aswell, but then I imagine Liverpool fans don't buy the number 9 legend either...

Guest BooBoo

Fowler was talented as a poacher but bloody hell man, God? Hardly, especially for being the pleb who made those nose plasters popular for a while.  :knuppel2:

I wish people would stop linking us to old, out of contract players just because of what our old manager did (and had to do, because of a limited budget) at his previous club. Don't know about some of you but I prefer signing players who aren't past it.

Guest Knightrider

Fowler was talented as a poacher but bloody hell man, God? Hardly, especially for being the pleb who made those nose plasters popular for a while.  :knuppel2:

You have to admit as an 18 year-old right up to 23-4 he was an awesome talent, had the lot for me. He was no poacher either, a lot of his goals were sublime chips from outside the box, volleys, headers, and 25-yarders with that fantastic left peg of his. Very very good player in his pomp.

Guest gggg
Fowler was talented as a poacher but bloody hell man, God? Hardly, especially for being the pleb who made those nose plasters popular for a while.

Considering he was basically finished at 25 162 goals in the Premiership is an amazing tally, Henry's only just got past that.

He was a amazing at his best and a lot more than a poacher.

You have to admit as an 18 year-old right up to 23-4 he was an awesome talent, had the lot for me. He was no poacher either, a lot of his goals were sublime chips from outside the box, volleys, headers, and 25-yarders with that fantastic left peg of his. Very very good player in his pomp.

For me, probably the most natural goalscorer that we have seen since the Premiership began. During that early Liverpool era, he was simply awesome

good question...

for me it was just the way he seemed to effortlessly find the right part of the goal. Always seemed like he would just find the same finish blind folded.

People liek Darren Bent.... it all seems an effort a lot of the time. Fowler just seemed to stroll around... find the ball at his feet and whack it in.

Makes sense in my head anyway !!

Hope he goes to Sunderland.

He doesn't need a last wage packet, though. He's already one of the richest footballers in England, having apparently made an extra fortune out of property speculation drug trafficking.

Robbie fowler is precisely what we dont need, what would he bring to the strikeforce, i think we need more of a holding attacker, one whos gonna bring more people in the game. This reason alone, i dont think we need anyone other tan that. To be honest i can see kevin davies comin here, maybe even James Beattie, not that i would want either of emhere, but thats the kind of striker SA will want in his side.

Guest Knightrider

What makes someone a more natural goalscorer than another player btw? this is something I've always wondered.

A more natural goalscorer/finisher is someone like Owen/Fowler, it is all about the movement and the technique used to dispatch a shot which can't be taught. A lot of strikers hit it and hit it hard which isn't really technique. But watch an Owen/Fowler and you'll notice the technique, same with Crespo and Romario and others like them.

Fowler - natural finisher/goalscorer

Alan Smith - not a natural finisher/goalscorer