Another day another link

Paul Scharner is a very good player. I saw him alot in Norway. He can handle many position( CB and CM). He's smart, have a good right foot and he's hard working.

I would've been over the moon with Leighton Baines.

Paul Scharner would also give us one thing we sorely lack: height. He's tall, and knows how to head a ball. We might as well buy Raymond Kvisvik and start scoring from corners (joke).

Guest NorwegianMag

Paul Scharner is a very good player. I saw him alot in Norway. He can handle many position( CB and CM). He's smart, have a good right foot and he's hard working.

I would've been over the moon with Leighton Baines.

Paul Scharner would also give us one thing we sorely lack: height. He's tall, and knows how to head a ball. We might as well buy Raymond Kvisvik and start scoring from corners (joke).

True, we need some height in this team. Newcastle is a team full of midgets!

Hehhe maybe we shall hire Raymond Kvisvik as a freekick/corner trainer. :D

Baines, Campbell & Ben Haim plus a solid rightback and were laughing.

If we could get Viduka on a free as well this could turn out to be an excellent 07/08 season.

can he last playing 90 mins week in week out even in defence I doubt it, nobby only has maybe one or two seasons max before he really wants to go home to play so why not plan for the future and get a younger rightback.

Solano?

If we could get Viduka on a free as well this could turn out to be an excellent 07/08 season.

Solano?

Not the best for an away day.

Maybe the odd game, but overall thats a bit harsh imo. In fact, I'd say we need someone like him with his determination & intelligence at RB for away days, he showed up al of his fellow defenders. Remember his gola-line clearnce v Spurs right before Berbatov scored? He's up for the fight dont worry about that, and not many players at all had the beating of him. And his calmness and quality on the ball is invaluable at a time when we need to keep the ball for a bit and make sure its not coming straight back at us.

Guest FlapjackJoe

Actually, was considering asking this earlier.  Who do you consider to be the best left-back out of:

- Leighton Baines

- Gareth Bale

- Nicky Shorey

3 players that have really impressed at left-back this season...

Baines has at least done it in the Premiership for two seasons. Shorey isn't exactly a kid so he might simply have Michael Gray syndrome for all we know, let's see how he is next year. As for Bale, it's only potential with him. Could be great, might not be though. Of the three, I'd prefer Baines.

Solano?

Not the best for an away day.

Mentioned in another thread I can see Taylor being used there from time to time next season when we play longball teams.

Actually, was considering asking this earlier.  Who do you consider to be the best left-back out of:

- Leighton Baines

- Gareth Bale

- Nicky Shorey

I would Love Baines and Bale, both are mint! I believe Bale would be a cheaper option than Baines, and under Big Sam i bet he will become great!  ....Cant say i have seen to much of Shorey to make any judgement.

- Leighton Baines

- Gareth Bale

- Nicky Shorey

I would Love Baines and Bale, both are mint! I believe Bale would be a cheaper option than Baines, and its under Big Sam i bet he will become great!  ....Cant say i have seen to much of Shorey to make any judgement.

You got the names the wrong way round mate?

- Leighton Baines

- Gareth Bale

- Nicky Shorey

I would Love Baines and Bale, both are mint! I believe Bale would be a cheaper option than Baines, and its under Big Sam i bet he will become great!  ....Cant say i have seen to much of Shorey to make any judgement.

You got the names the wrong way round mate?

Getting tired, but edited it now :-)

- Leighton Baines

- Gareth Bale

- Nicky Shorey

I would Love Baines and Bale, both are mint! I believe Bale would be a cheaper option than Baines, and under Big Sam i bet he will become great!  ....Cant say i have seen to much of Shorey to make any judgement.

I think it will be the opposite