Centre-back pairings...

Guest TheOrder
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest TheOrder

I'll hoping for Campbell-Ben Haim. But thinking it will be Taylor- Ben Haim.

Chuffed either way.

Guest JamesD

definetly want to see taylor starting.

I don't care, should we get someone better.

i think he's at the point in his career where he's ready to start. certainly earned it.  i'd like us to get one CB who is in his prime(25/26ish), and one experianced player who can come in and be steady.

definetly want to see taylor starting.

I don't care, should we get someone better.

i think he's at the point in his career where he's ready to start. certainly earned it.  i'd like us to get one CB who is in his prime(25/26ish), and one experianced player who can come in and be steady.

Ready to start or not, we should play our best players. If we got Ben Haim & Campbell for example, Taylor could warm the bench thanks.

Would like to see a Campbell + Ben Haim pairing. Taylor makes too many mistakes for my liking (which is understandable, given his age) but he will get better from working with Campbell every day. Bit of a long shot naming those 2 bearing in mind neither has actually signed but I'm hopeful both do.  :)

I think it will be Ben Haim/Taylor, which i would be happy with.

I'm disappointed that we're not being linked to Andrade though, the guys been wanting to leave Deportivo(christ they're bad these days, unbelievable) for a while now and it looks like Barca probably won't be making a bid. A Portuguese chap i know reckons he would be interested. It's a shame because he would be the perfect signing. :'(

I'm disappointed that we're not being linked to Andrade though, the guys been wanting to leave Deportivo(christ they're bad these days, unbelievable) for a while now and it looks like Barca probably won't be making a bid. A Portuguese chap i know reckons he would be interested. It's a shame because he would be the perfect signing. :'(

Yea Andrade is fuckin awesome but i doubt very much he'd come here and Depo were askin for something like £15m for him

Yea Andrade is fuckin awesome but i doubt very much he'd come here and Depo were askin for something like £15m for him

£8m is what i've heard, and Barca are the only club that have been linked as far as i know, so if they don't get him then we could - considering how desperate he apparently is to leave Depor(i repeat, they are bloody awful).

That was the price a couple of years ago when he was at top form.After that he had some serious injuries.Havent watch him this season but before he was class.

Very good defender but also its a little bit risky to sign him.

He might turn to another Boumsong

£8m is what i've heard, and Barca are the only club that have been linked as far as i know, so if they don't get him then we could - considering how desperate he apparently is to leave Depor(i repeat, they are bloody awful).

8m for a 29 year old? Wouldn't take the risk, get Ben Haim (free) and Hyppia/Campbell (cheap) instead. Those 8m would be better spent on a left back and tightening our midfield.

8m for a 29 year old? Wouldn't take the risk, get Ben Haim (free) and Hyppia/Campbell (cheap) instead. Those 8m would be better spent on a left back and tightening our midfield.

He's a top 15 CB in the world IMO, genuine class. If we got him, Ben Haim, Viduka, and a left back(for 4-5m) i would be a happy boy.

Guest maznislav

If we sign Hyypia or Campbell, I think this will be the best for our young central defenders. Both of them are great players with a lot of experience.

What kind o defender is Ben Haim, to be honest i haven't reall sen anythn of him. I think the best defensive partnerships are one where one defender is good on th ball and can bring the ball out of defence, has good anticipation etc....a ferdinand or woodgate type player, for me i think taylor could be that type of defender, the other partner needs to be a wall, someone who is commited and brave someone like campbell or terry.Any type of defender who is a wall would be perfect for this team.

Guest NUFCnutter

I would like to see Taylor and Ben Haim ideally, but if not I think Hyppia and Taylor would be a good pairing, as we desperately need some height in the back four, and I think Hyppia still has a couple of good years in him.

I would like to see Taylor and Ben Haim ideally, but if not I think Hyppia and Taylor would be a good pairing, as we desperately need some height in the back four, and I think Hyppia still has a couple of good years in him.

or maybe 3-4 yrs with the help of SA ;)