Pearson, Clarkie and Terry Mac all staying

stozo

Link

Lee clark today revealed how much he was looking forward to working with new Toon boss Sam Allardyce after being told he has a future at St James' Park.

The United coach did an admirable job for the reserves last season after helping to nurture the likes of Paul Huntington, David Edgar, Andy Carroll, Matty Pattison and Tim Krul, who all provided important cover for the first team.

Clark, initially shown the coaching ropes by former second-string boss Tommy Craig when he returned to Tyneside in 2005, had great respect for ex-club captain and gaffer Glenn Roeder last season, but he is now looking ahead to working with Big Sam.

Allardyce has already helped Hull City boss Phil Brown and Carlisle United chief Neil McDonald on to the managerial scene, and ambitious Clark may go on to join them as a boss in the future.

Former Magpie McDonald has been linked with a return to United under Allardyce, but all was quiet on that score at Brunton Park today.

However, Clark is fully focused on what he hopes is an exciting new era at Newcastle.

Clark told the Chronicle today: "I would like to think everybody connected with the club is looking forward to the new manager coming in and a new era.

"I would go on record and say how tough it was when Glenn lost his job.

"A lot of people knew exactly how much hard work he put into trying to get success here.

"But we have to look to the future and look to the new manager."

Last season Clark worked with the second string at Kingston Park, but it is still early days under Allardyce and he added: "I've had a couple of meetings with the new manager.

"I don't know what my position within the club might be but they were both good meetings.

"He said he would like me to be part of his set-up and backroom staff and I am looking forward to working with him.

"It was important for me that the new manager wanted me to stay.

"And that isn't just because I am a local lad, it is because it is important to be regarded as a coach."

Allardyce has never been afraid to try new ideas in his quests for glory as a manager and his inquisitive approach to modern football was underlined when Clark said: "Sam has already picked my brains on a few things including the system that Jean Tigana had in place at Fulham.

"There is a possibility that he might implement something similar to the fitness programme that was successful at Fulham too.

"But for me as a coach I am also looking forward to picking up new things to help develop my own personal career.

"The manager is likely to bring his own people in too and I am looking forward to working with them."

Clark looks likely to be joined on next season's backroom staff by Terry McDermott, while Nigel Pearson also seems to be staying put at St James' at the moment.

Damien Duff's long lay-off with an ankle injury was bemoaned by Irish boss Steve Staunton today. He said Duff will be unavailable for inter-national duty for up to six months.

I know some on this board will be delighted with this news.

Guest DavB93

Think Clarkie has done a good job with the young lads, see who Big Sam brings in also though as our backroom staff isn't the largest.

Doubt it. Sam will bring his own team in as soon as he can. Clarkie however might stay.

Don't think he'll get the coaches tbh. Speed, Sbragia and company all have contracts and seem to staying at Bolton.

The only two I think he'll get are Taylor and Forde.

Guest BooBoo

Fucking hell, was hoping to see the back of Terry Mac and Clarkie and getting some professionals in!

Guest Bramble OG

Iam not going to belive this untill i see Terry Mc putting the cones out 1st game of the season

If this is true what a survivor Terry Mac is. Luckiest bloke in football tbh.

I really don't know what it is, it can't be his coaching skills :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like any of you actually know what Tery Mac does

Next it will be spun that only Fat Sam has the skills to get the best out of Terry Mac

Doubt it. Sam will bring his own team in as soon as he can. Clarkie however might stay.

This. I think we can agree from the tone of that article Clarkie is secure - but the part in bold is unsubstantiated supposition with no quotes or anything firmer than "likely" and "seems to be"

Can't see Terry Mac being given a job by Allardyce unless Shepherd made it a term of Big Sam's employment, which I think we can count out given the "free reign" line with regards to staff...

Guest Knightrider

I very much doubt any of them will be in Sam's long-term plans, although if Clarkie proves himself he has a chance. Pearson will be off at the first sign of an offer from another club and Terry Mac whill be phased out.

Pearson is the only one i think who actually has some element of tactical / coaching skills...terry mac and clarkie are like those farts that stay around way too long but no one ever says anything.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Like I actually know what Tery Mac does

FYP

true. not sure what you're trying to prove though....

Guest alex

Like I actually know what Tery Mac does

FYP

true. not sure what you're trying to prove though....

That you don't know what he does.