Big Sam eyes Baines Swoop

Leazes1986

Wallcott was worth 12 million like..:lol:

Bale is very overated imo..decent player but nowhere near 10 million..

Baines will be a fantastic signing for us, just what we need and can both defened and attack..

The competition between Babsy and Baines would be an interesting situation.

Baines will be a fantastic signing for us, just what we need and can both defened and attack..

There will be no competition.

Babayaro is sooooo gone.

Babayaro is sooooo gone.

Should Baines get injured, who do we have for back-up?

Babayaro is sooooo gone.

I don't think Allardyce will fancy Babayaro one bit. I think he might also look to bring in an older experienced left back on the cheap, or maybe a cheap one from a league or two down at a decent age.

Guest Triglett

Wigan were being complete cunts about Chimbonda's price tag - £5m, never gonna happen. I'd say at least £7-8m, especially with the prices being bandied about for other players, Bale being one of them.

Guest Triglett

They're still in the Premiership. Don't think their stance on Baines is any different to what it would have been if they'd finished in the top 10. Everyone's richer now, anyhoo.

They're still in the Premiership. Don't think their stance on Baines is any different to what it would have been if they'd finished in the top 10. Everyone's richer now, anyhoo.

I fear inflation tbh. Is everybody really richer?

Babayaro is sooooo gone.

J Lloyd Samuel?

Or some other second string left back, but it certainly won't be Babayaro!

I have seen Bale for Wales a few time and whilst he is a very good prospect I don't think he is as good as Baines at the moment.

I'd be very happy getting in Baines for £5 million he is the right age, he is proven in the Premiership and he has a good head on his shoulders for 1 so young!

Baines wants to leave, and Jewell has left already. The new manager has already been promised funds so I think as he is already looking to put together his own team he will not be adverse to letting Baines move on. I don't think they will be difficult about it at all.

£5 million seems fair. Isn't that how much tottenham ended up paying for Chimbonda? And he was in the preiership team of the year!

As Kaka said they sold Chimbinda for £6 million and Baines is probably not rated as good as him so £5 million seems reasonable, it just depends if he gets the old English Inflation added to his price.

Guest Guinness

Would love to see Baines here, hopefully this takeover happens as soon as possible so Big Sam can start spending some money!

Hes not a Chelsea or other CL elite reject either, which itself is a plus point (ie stepping up the ladder, not down) but also means he wont therefore be demanding unreasonable wages which would be the case with the likes of Bridge.

Well worth up to 6mill for me, ticks practically every box that we need. Although his form this season hasnt been as good as last, the ability/mentality to be a good Premiership fullback is unquestionably there.

Guest Sam04je

Looks like im the only one that would prefer bale then, but 10millions too much.

If Baines id going for 5million, bargain.

Looks like im the only one that would prefer bale then, but 10millions too much.

If Baines id going for 5million, bargain.

Well given that Baines is proven in the premiership I think its obvious why people would opt for him over Bale.

He's my first choice LB.

Stone me, we appoint my first choice manager, FS who I want out looks like he's on his way, the Halls have fucked off...

I'm expecting to wake up any moment.

Would be a fantastic signing, very good and underrated player.

You'll still find something to whinge about  ;)

I wouldn't call Baines solid, he certainly has to work on the defensive side of his game, but he is probably the best we can get and most importantly is player with a lot of potential.

Would be a great signing!!! Very solid defender, if we could get him and Ben Haim we would only need a right back and we would have a good back four!!

Just no back up! Ben Haim and Baines would be a great couple of players to get in, but we could do with sacking off Baba and Carr and getting in 4 fullbacks and we still really need 3 CB's.