Big Sam eyes Baines Swoop

Leazes1986

There's cause for optimism in the signing of Baines.

A nice utility squad player who can play in numerous position i can think of is Matthew Taylor. If Baines get injured, I am sure Matthew Taylor will be able to play there.

Regards,

Ericz

Guest smoggeordie

A nice utility squad player who can play in numerous position i can think of is Matthew Taylor. If Baines get injured, I am sure Matthew Taylor will be able to play there.

Regards,

Ericz

I agree. Personally I think that Baines is quality going forward and is decent defensively, wont make too many errors and is another option to take free kicks. Sign him up.

Regards,

NSG

Regards,

Ericz

Good call, we could do with both a left back and cover in the form of a utility player. Kill several birds with one stone, practically all the top sides have a good utility player in some form or another (ManU with Fortune, P.Neville, OShea, etc, Arsenal with Flamini, Chelsea with Diarra/Essien).

Gareth Barry would be a top "utility" signing.

Regards,

Ericz

I agree. Personally I think that Baines is quality going forward and is decent defensively, wont make too many errors and is another option to take free kicks. Sign him up.

Regards,

NSG

i also agree

Regards,

Nobby

Guest Triglett

Regards,

Ericz

Good call, we could do with both a left back and cover in the form of a utility player. Kill several birds with one stone, practically all the top sides have a good utility player in some form or another (ManU with Fortune, P.Neville, OShea, etc, Arsenal with Flamini, Chelsea with Diarra/Essien).

Jagielka's another one of those. Very comfortable in defence as well midfield. Even did a great job as stand-in goalie IIRC.

Regards,

Ericz

Jagielka's another one of those. Very comfortable in defence as well midfield. Even did a great job as stand-in goalie IIRC.

Taylor and Jagielka are both better than Barry imo

Matt Taylor is good chums with Ambrose, he would never come here because of the way some sections of the crowd abused him.

Decent player, not as versatile as Barry who id prefer out of the two, but neither will come.

Jagielka would be good at the right price, dont think he plays down the left at all though and Everton are close to signing him.

Guest LucaAltieri

Wallcott was worth 12 million like..:lol:

Bale is very overated imo..decent player but nowhere near 10 million..

Baines will be a fantastic signing for us, just what we need and can both defened and attack..

Should we sign a blind right-back too?

Baines would be a cracking signing. He'd be the first full-back at the club that I've had any real hope for whatsoever in years.

Don't know much about Barnes so can't really comment.

Regards,

Shak

Guest Morph

Giles Barnes is too good for NUFC.  Plus he'll cost a bomb and expect red carpet treatment upon arrival.

Giles Barnes is too good for NUFC.  Plus he'll cost a bomb and expect red carpet treatment upon arrival.

no player should be too good for us especially the likes of an up and comming and if we have that attitude we will never get anywhere, seek the man you want and go for him (like the manu hargreaves)

Guest geordiebaz

We went from talking about getting Samuel and Viduka on free transfers to getting Baines & Gudjohnsen proposed takeover already sounds fantastic, Baines is a top player or I'd take Shorey at Reading, and I d love to see Gudjohnsen at the club

Do people think we should stick with Solano or get a new RB? IMO we should try and get rid of Carr then replace him with a good RB and use Solano as back up for RB and RW.

We need too many other positions strengthening before right-back.

Guest geordiebaz

Do people think we should stick with Solano or get a new RB? IMO we should try and get rid of Carr then replace him with a good RB and use Solano as back up for RB and RW.

I would still like to see a new right back come in, Nobby dod well but still think positionally and against pace he a bit suspect