Makelele anyone?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Rumoured to be unhappy at Chelsea, has one year left on his contract, still a capable Premiership player. Thoughts?

SSN today reporting he does not want to leave!!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=468472&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=&title=Makelele+not+looking+to+leave&channel=&

Claude Makelele insists he is not looking to quit Chelsea over the summer.

The French midfielder has just a year remaining on his Stamford Bridge contract and has been heavily linked with a move to Villarreal.

His compatriot, and former Arsenal ace, Robert Pires has urged Makelele to join him in Spain next season.

Makelele's supposed agent also confirmed the interest from Villarreal, but the former Real Madrid anchor man has played down the reports.

He insists his agent is not responsible for the comments and has outlined his intention to stay with the FA Cup winners next season.

"I have one year to run on my contract with Chelsea FC and I am not looking to leave," said Makelele in a statement on the club's official website.

"The comments that have been made on my behalf have not been authorised by me and the individual making them is not my agent."

Chelsea have also confirmed that no offers have been received for the 34-year-old, and nor are any being encouraged.

The club said: "We have not had any offers for Claude and we are not looking for any offers."

Hell no!

There are way too many young and talented DM's out there.

Yaya Toure for example, just off the top of my head.

No way should we bring in Makelele, would don't desperately need experience in midfield either.

Guest Knightrider

Isn't Senna 31 or something? I know Makalele is 30 + but Senna would cost good money I think, good player mind whenever I've seen him. He's the Brazillian who plays for Spain isn't he?

I would love Makalele here, i think he is absolutely brilliant, not sure bout his age and wages, but there isn't a player in the premiership who protects the defence better than Makalele. would compliment emre perfectly.

He's a fucking luckey charm wherever he goes (reminds me Bernard Diomede and the french squad) , Madrid still havn't won anything since he left, and Chelsea are winning a trophey per season with him, great player and i wouldnt mind him coming here, although i think he will move to a bigger club.

He's a player on the way down, not the dominant force he was and getting on in years. Not a guarenteed starter at Chelsea anymore. I want us to move away from such signings i.e. fading star who moves to us for guarenteed games and big wages. We need young hungry players fighting for their places which will drive an overall improvement in the team, bringing in Makalele wouldn't help us achieve that.

Guest Triglett

He's a f****** luckey charm wherever he goes (reminds me Bernard Diomede and the french squad) , Madrid still havn't won anything since he left, and Chelsea are winning a trophey per season with him, great player and i wouldnt mind him coming here, although i think he will move to a bigger club.

Nothing to do with Real being a mess and Chelsea spending £300m, no?  :uglystupid2:

Used to be the best in the world at the job he did for the team and still would improve us even though he's very much 'on the way down'. He'd cost a bomb in wages though and I highly doubt he'd even consider us all things considered. I'm pretty sure he'll go back to the La Liga and who could blame him tbh!

He's a f****** luckey charm wherever he goes (reminds me Bernard Diomede and the french squad) , Madrid still havn't won anything since he left, and Chelsea are winning a trophey per season with him, great player and i wouldnt mind him coming here, although i think he will move to a bigger club.

Nothing to do with Real being a mess and Chelsea spending £300m, no?  :uglystupid2:

Real weren't really a mess tbf, he played a huge part in their squad and they didnt know that untill he left, and instead of replacing him the fuckers went a spent all those millions on "Galacticos" who did fuck all for their club.

He's the kind of player who you don't really notice in the game, but is virually the heart of Chelsea, forget overpaid overated players like Lampard and Ballack, Chelsea's strong point is Cech,Terry and this lad, but now he's growing old and they managed to get a brilliant youngster to replace him in Diarra (his attitude is shit though), i think he still have at least one good season left in him.

Guest Triglett

I'm not disputing his talent. Just that I'd put the fortunes of Chelsea and Real Madrid down to a little more than just luck.

I think Mikel's being viewed as Makalele's replacement, for now anyway.