In talks about Gudjohnsen - Chronicle/Daily Mail

Skirge

Guest alex

Christ, didn't realise he was 30 mind. £8m would be a helluva lot for someone that age.

He signed for Bolton about 8 or 9 years ago.

Guest gggg

Christ, didn't realise he was 30 mind. £8m would be a helluva lot for someone that age.

He's 29 in September.

Guest alex

He's 29 in September.

Christ, didn't realise he was only 28 ;)

He's 29 in September.

Modern pro's are ok till 33 these days tho.

Guest Geordiesned

It's Zenden who's 30.

we didnt say that when Ruud van nistelroy was going for about 10, I really dont think for somone so good 8 million is alot although 6-7 would be better ;)

It's Zenden who's 30.

Gudjohnson would be a good signing. Very consistent player and does a lot off the ball for the team. He may not be van horse face in the goals scored department but he would certainly be better than shola/carrol up front with owen/martins...

Guest alex

He's 29 in September.

Modern pro's are ok till 33 these days tho.

The one's who look after themselves are. I'd pay £8million for him in an instant though.

I know he's being linked with Man Utd, but I think he'd come to someone like us now. He's had 4-5 years of being a squad member and winnings cups/titles at Chelsea & Barcelona. At 28, I'd imagine he's at the stage where all he wants is first-team football. I think us & Gudjohnsen would be a perfect match.

Eidur has stated himself that he is not interested to move away from Barca in a interview with the icelandic press.

His father (agent) has also stated that Eidur wants to fight for his place at barca.Would love to see him at Newcastle, being Icelandic, but not going to happen. :crazy2:

His father did say that he was going to finish the season witch barca and then think about the future.

My sources here in iceland say that he has permission from barca to talk to other clubs after the season and if MUFC don’t come in for him we have a good shoot at getting him.

Guest Shotgun Mick

Would be a brilliant signing. I won't hold my breath though, think a lot of bigger clubs than Newcastle would be in for him.

Eidur has stated himself that he is not interested to move away from Barca in a interview with the icelandic press.

His father (agent) has also stated that Eidur wants to fight for his place at barca.Would love to see him at Newcastle, being Icelandic, but not going to happen. :crazy2:

His father did say that he was going to finish the season witch barca and then think about the future.

My sources here in iceland say that he has permission from barca to talk to other clubs after the season and if MUFC don’t come in for him we have a good shoot at getting him.

Well, I don't have any special sources, only the icelandic press.  Hope your right  :thup:

Would be a brilliant signing. I won't hold my breath though, think a lot of bigger clubs than Newcastle would be in for him.

Without a doubt, but he's been there, done that, won the medals. Would many bigger clubs offer him regular first-team football? Think after 5 years of being a squad member at bigger clubs, he might just fancy first-team action at a biggish club.

Without a doubt, but he's been there, done that, won the medals. Would many bigger clubs offer him regular first-team football? Think after 5 years of being a squad member at bigger clubs, he might just fancy first-team action at a biggish club.

Guys, guys, we are a big club ffs!

I think BIGGISH is the right word.

Disagree, BIG is the word, under performing, I'll give you that but as big as any other club in this country other than Manure and there aren't many bigger than Manure outside this green and pleasent....... Big