In talks about Gudjohnsen - Chronicle/Daily Mail

Skirge

Superb, quality, versatile footballer who would be an excellent signing for £8m. That is really good value for money as far as i am concerned. He can play in two or three positions in a 4-5-1, including centre-forward which obviously, is something that we could do with.

Depending on who's here and who's not - Gudjohnsen would always be the superb partner for the out-and-out goalscorer (whether that's Owen or Martins, or both*), we don't know. Because his vision is exceptional and he just knows the game so well.

Agree

:thup:

Would be a terrific signing and more so a terrific complementary partner for either Michael Owen or Obafemi Martins.

Guest Guinness

Would love to see Gudjohnsen here, he's a great player. Quality on the ball, great vision, composure infront of goal, sign him up! :thup:

Classic case of a lazy journo putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, disgruntled player not getting play time at his club, his former manager in a job with a bit of money to spend, notes quotes just speculation. Slow news day.

Dunno why you are all getting so excited, Gudjohnson is no world beater, good player yes and it would be a great addition to our squad, but please if he was so fantastic he would either still be at Chelsea or forced his way into the barca team.

Classic case of a lazy journo putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5, disgruntled player not getting play time at his club,

he's in the squad for this weekend

I would love Gud, i wanted him last summer.  And he's only 28.  I thought he was in his 30s

the guy has been around for an age a true pro which has played for some top clubs and doesn't give the impression as a player on the decline, cant see him doing a sherringham and playing till 40 but can certainly see him going for another 3/4 years at top level due to his good footballing brain helping out the loss of pace would be a good addition.

Wanted Gudjohnsen when he was at Bolton - would be a fantastic signing for us, great attitude too.

We have a realistic chance, but only if he is persuaded to leave Barca - Big Sam might just be the tipping point.

Would give us at least 3 good years and be a great partner for Owen..

Yes please, loads of people have wanted him here for years now. Would be excellent with any one of our three current strikers (Owen, Martins or Ameobi). Even for £8m I wouldn't complain, and he's not exactly over the hill. Let's hope his former links with Allardyce will actually play to our advantage and land him here.

Owen/Gudjohnsen or Martins/Gudjohnsen looks far better than Owen/Martins in my eyes.

Guest Knightrider

Fuck me, new owner, new manager who was top of my list, LB top of my list linked and a player I've wanted us to sign for years linked. Mega Sam can add mind reader to his list of talents :D

Guest Morph

If we sign Gudjonsen I'd be straight over town to purchase a new top with his name on the back.  My absolute favourite non-toon player (well, second to big bad jimmy bullard) ever.

Funnily enough, he's a footballer I actually like as well. Not many of them around these days. Same goes for the likes of Campbell, Hyypia and Baines as well. Exciting times, even if everything is just tenuous links at the moment.

He'd be a good signing for anyone, including the likes of Man Utd

Thinking mans footballer. I've always liked him and would be quite jealous if you lot sign him.

He'd be a good signing for anyone, including the likes of Man Utd

Thinking mans footballer. I've always liked him and would be quite jealous if you lot sign him.

I don't like him personally. Used to, but he was far too eager to adapt to Mourinho's Chelsea vs Gravity policy for my tastes. He's a decent player tho, but nowt special IMO. Good footballer but no pace and I don't think he's particularly good in front of goal, missed his fair share of sitters in his time. He's never good enough for Barcelona, I don't know what they were thinking when they bought him. Was never good enough for Chelsea since they moved up from challenging for 4th to challenging for 1st, and I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for Manure, I think a club floating around 6th is about his level, someone like Everton actually. Spurs, Newcastle, etc.

Guest SwissMagpie

didn't want to open new post but Swiss media reports that we bid for Tarnquilli Barnetta - 4 million euros.

Guest Guinness

didn't want to open new post but Swiss media reports that we bid for Tarnquilli Barnetta - 4 million euros.

I haven't seen much of Barnetta apart from a few matches for Switzerland, do you think he'd be a decent signing?

Guest Alan_Shearer

For what it's worth, in Fifa 07 he's good :cheesy:

F*ck Fifa, Pro Evo is where its at. And yeah he's virtually as a good as Deco.

Guest Guinness

For what it's worth, in Fifa 07 he's good :cheesy:

F*ck Fifa, Pro Evo is where its at. And yeah he's virtually as a good as Deco.

He was referring to Barnetta i think not Eidur.

To be fair Barnetta is class on Pro Evo, starring for my masterleague team at the moment :coolsmiley: