In talks about Gudjohnsen - Chronicle/Daily Mail

Skirge

I think we are at least as big as Chelski, it just so happens at this minute in time they have a rather rich Sugar-Daddy.  Obviously Barca are a bigger club than us and there are a few others but don't sell us short, we are a big club.

Big clubs are those who win stuff on a consistant basis. We are a well supported, well funded club.

Hmm, I'd say " those who win stuff on a consistant basis" are good/great teams. Nottingham Forest have never ever been a big club, they just had a spell where they had an excellent team. You can still be a big club and have a crap team.

Big clubs are those who win stuff on a consistant basis. We are a well supported, well funded club.

Hmm, I'd say " those who win stuff on a consistant basis" are good/great teams. Nottingham Forest have never ever been a big club, they just had a spell where they had an excellent team. You can still be a big club and have a crap team.

The words "Nail", "Hammer", "Hit", "Head" and "on the" spring to mind

Christmas Tree formation anyone? :lo:

Gudjohnsen

Owen Martins

Emre Butt Parker

Bridge Terry Taylor Alves *purely speculative

Given

Owen would be further forward than Gudjohnsen

Owen would be further forward than Gudjohnsen

why?

In theory, you would have a target man in the most forward position. eg AC Milan and Real Madrid.

and in theory u would rather have 2 good attacking mid like kaka playin behind...

anyway i don't think Newcastle - let alone any other team will play a X-mas tree formation

maybe I havent seen enough of him, but nearest thing to Pedro is a pretty major statement for me.

Whilst Gudjohnsen is wonderfully creative, i didnt think he had the dribble skills or all round flair that Beardsley had and is much stronger, physical player.

Will be the missing link since Beardsley retired though, and the creative player we have missed since then.

A shame, Bobby had the chance to buy him for 4m before he moved to Chelsea but he said paying 4m for a young striker that had never played in the premier league was too much.

A shame, Bobby had the chance to buy him for 4m before he moved to Chelsea but he said paying 4m for a young striker that had never played in the premier league was too much.

you could have said that about bent before his move, no one has a crystal ball so these things are hard to guess, he has done excellent and i really hope now we have a new investor we can aim for a 8 million spend rather than trying to find a freebie

Superb, quality, versatile footballer who would be an excellent signing for £8m. That is really good value for money as far as i am concerned. He can play in two or three positions in a 4-5-1, including centre-forward which obviously, is something that we could do with.

Depending on who's here and who's not - Gudjohnsen would always be the superb partner for the out-and-out goalscorer (whether that's Owen or Martins, or both*), we don't know. Because his vision is exceptional and he just knows the game so well.

28, but has had a massively wealthy career so far in terms of picking up experience and whatnot; starting off with Sam, 6 or 7 years with a consistently good/great Chelsea side, and Barcelona. In spite of how good a season he's had, a year or so at Barca won't have done him much harm!

Would love to see him here.

*When i say both, he often played behind the strikers as one of the advancing centre-mids, a la Lampard, for Chelsea.

:rolleyes:

No we were in for him then Chelsea came in and offered higher wages so he went there ahead of us similar to the Zenden situation in that period still managed to finish above them that season though.