Reo-Coker demands Upton Park exit

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest Triglett

Barry Fry just said he's coming to us. Reckons the club told him themselves. Might be some truth in it, as he did just take one of our reserves off our hands.

Not a signing I'm particularly excited about, if this is the case, but one I'd hold hopes for of coming good. He's still only 21/22, and all Wet Spam players seem to improve once they leave that shitehole of a club.

Would he not be much the same as Jenas, though?

Would seem a strange signing for Spurs.

Coker is a poor man Zokora so i wouldnt really understand the signing tbh. I guess Ghaly, murphy and tainio could be sold to accomodate him.

CM for next season = Jenas, Zokora, reo coker, and Huddlestone

Tainio won't be sold, and I don't know where these rumours that he could be are coming from. One of Jol's favourite players, plays pretty much whenever fit, and rightly so. Fantastic squad player, and probably one of the most underrated in the Prem. Just a shame he's made of glass.

Guest eyeball_tickler

NIGEL REO-COKER has begged Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce to end his West Ham nightmare.

Reo-Coker is desperate to quit Upton Park and would love the chance to link up with Allardyce at St James’ Park.

Big Sam, who continues to track Manchester City bad-boy Joey Barton, tried to land the England Under-21 skipper for Bolton last season but Hammers boss Alan Curbishley refused to let him go.

Now, with Scott Parker on his way to East London, Reo-Coker wants a chance to fill the void.

New Trotters boss Sammy Lee continues to keep tabs on the midfielder, 23, who is available for around £8million.

His agent Tony Finnegan said: “Sam Allardyce knows how to get in contact with Nigel and we would welcome a call.

“If Sam said he wanted to speak, Nigel would be on the train in a shot. It would be very interesting to see what his plans are for Newcastle.”

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley’s Toon takeover moved a step closer last night when the club’s board agreed to consider his offer.

A statement released to the Stock Exchange said: “The board of Newcastle United announces that there was a meeting with Mike Ashley and his team at which there was a useful and constructive discussion.

“The board will now consider its response to the offer from St James Holdings Ltd.”

Ashley owns a 41.6 per cent stake in the club after buying Sir John Hall’s shares. He will release a statement to shareholders next week detailing his vision for Newcastle.

Stock Exchange rules say the 43-year-old must submit a formal takeover bid.

He is hopeful of further progress by the end of next week.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250324,00.html

Guardian don't agree with that...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2092930,00.html

Aston Villa have emerged as favourites to sign Nigel Reo-Coker and are expected to agree a deal worth about £8m with West Ham United for the England Under-21 captain next week. Reo-Coker has submitted a transfer request at West Ham and, although he has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur, it is understood Villa are close to winning the race for his signature.

Martin O'Neill returns from holiday today keen to complete the deal, which would take his spending since arriving at the club last summer beyond £20m. The Villa manager is set to embark on a major rebuilding programme before the new season and, with midfield a key area to strengthen, has earmarked Reo-Coker as the first piece of the jigsaw. It is believed that the 23-year-old is excited by the prospect of playing under O'Neill.

Villa's financial strength in the transfer market and Scott Parker's anticipated arrival at West Ham should ensure that the deal goes through smoothly. Parker was last night on the verge of completing a £7m switch from Newcastle to West Ham to be reunited with his former manager at Charlton, Alan Curbishley, who regards the 26-year-old as the ideal replacement for Reo-Coker.

Reo-Coker endured a difficult last season at West Ham and was booed by some fans only months after coming within minutes of lifting the FA Cup. His form suffered amid reports that he was unhappy after failing to secure a move to Arsenal last August but he remained an almost automatic choice and played a key part in helping the club stay in the Premiership. With Arsenal's interest cooling, Villa's bright ambitions under O'Neill have proved attractive to Reo-Coker.

His capture would represent a major coup for Villa and for O'Neill, who has already lured John Carew and spent £16m on Ashley Young and Stilian Petrov. The manager is keen to buy another striker and is interested in Craig Bellamy but Liverpool would have to drop their £12m asking price for the Wales international.

So he wants to play for us but is likely to have to settle for Villa.

I'd sign him, despite a poor season last year I think he has the potential to be a big player if he gets his head down.

I'd sign him, despite a poor season last year I think he has the potential to be a big player if he gets his head down.

The next time he regains his form, the top 4, especially Arsenal, will come sniffing about again and there's nothing to suggest that he'll remain loyal and/or ignore their interest. He was captain of a club man!! And yet let the whole team down because he couldn't complete his £15m move to Arsenal.

The next time he regains his form, the top 4, especially Arsenal, will come sniffing about again and there's nothing to suggest that he'll remain loyal and/or ignore their interest. He was captain of a club man!! And yet let the whole team down because he couldn't complete his £15m move to Arsenal.

Most of the players on our books would go if any of the top 4 came in for them.

If he came here and attracted interest from Arsenal in the future because of his performances then we'd likely make money on him anyway.

I don't think it's worth the risk personally. £8m is just too much for someone who hasn't looked interested in football over the past season, especially for someone so young and actually unproven. Where's the drive? Where's the hunger? I refuse to believe that it can actually just disappear because he couldn't complete a move away from the club he made his name at. He's had one good season and that's it. Not worth £8m imo.

I don't think it's worth the risk personally. £8m is just too much for someone who hasn't looked interested in football over the past season, especially for someone so young and actually unproven. Where's the drive? Where's the hunger? I refuse to believe that it can actually just disappear because he couldn't complete a move away from the club he made his name at. He's had one good season and that's it. Not worth £8m imo.

£8 million is too much I agree, however for £5 million I'd have him here in a shot, I think him and Barton would make a good pairing in midfield.

It's a risk buying one of Barton or Reo Coker, never mind both of them. We need at least one central midfielder who can score double figures or near enough.

Hardly any midfielders get into double figures unless they either take penalties or play as part of a midfield 3 and have zero defensive responsibilities.

Guest teepee

i'd have reo coker over barton any day - but that is primarily due to of field behaviour.

could we end up seing a swap between parker and reo coker?

if, then none of us have really gotten anywhere imo

Guest gggg

Sign both of them I say, better than Parker and Dyer. We need a change in midfield.

Not really. Parker's a lot better than Reo fucking Coker

Guest Stephen927

The highest I would pay for him is £4m. He hasn't looked interested all season depite being captain and has been far too happy to watch games pass him by.

Reo-Coker is a really good young player, who had an error of judgement that was more down to immaturity than anything else. He is only 21, and he went into a sulk because he wasn't allowed to speak to Arsenal when they came in for him whish is somewhat understandable.

To be fair to him he never demanded a move or caused as big a stink as he could have, and he at least remained on the pitch and towards the end of the season managed to get back on track.

I have no doubts that with a strong manager (which we now have) and away from London, and the real West Ham plonkers Ferdinand and Zamora, he would be excellent and committed. He would have learnt from his mistake this season and I doubt he would carry on like that again.

This boy was made captian of his team at age 20 and is the current captain of the England under 21 squad and I think that speaks volumes about his temperament and character.

It will be interesting to see how he performs this summer in the under 21 championships. I think after watching him many on here would be impressed.

I for one would have him in a swap for Parker.

Reo-Coker is a really good young player, who had an error of judgement that was more down to immaturity than anything else. He is only 21, and he went into a sulk because he wasn't allowed to speak to Arsenal when they came in for him whish is somewhat understandable.

To be fair to him he never demanded a move or caused as big a stink as he could have, and he at least remained on the pitch and towards the end of the season managed to get back on track.

I have no doubts that with a strong manager (which we now have) and away from London, and the real West Ham plonkers Ferdinand and Zamora, he would be excellent and committed. He would have learnt from his mistake this season and I doubt he would carry on like that again.

This boy was made captian of his team at age 20 and is the current captain of the England under 21 squad and I think that speaks volumes about his temperament and character.

It will be interesting to see how he performs this summer in the under 21 championships. I think after watching him many on here would be impressed.

I for one would have him in a swap for Parker.

agreed :clap: :clap:

Guest Guinness

Reo-Coker has still got a lot to prove as a player, wouldn't be happy signing him for £8m.

Guest trainer

Reo coker is a pile of shi*e we dont need players like him with no footballing brain and a party animal at the club. All this talk of the 'big 4' interested in him is utter bull. His agent is rather like Owen's he's trying to stir things up and get him to move to a bigger club. It would be a massive mistake signing him at all, let alone for £8mill!!!!!