Reo-Coker demands Upton Park exit

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest eyeball_tickler

West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, according to the player's advisor.

Hammers boss Alan Curbishley has told the 23-year-old midfielder he will listen to offers in the region of £8m.

Reo-Coker's advisor Tony Finnigan said: "I can confirm that Nigel has handed in a transfer request. I am surprised as captain he is being allowed to leave.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere."

Reo-Coker joined West Ham from Wimbledon in January 2004.

Tottenham, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle are expected to join the race to sign the England Under-21 international.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6695237.stm

would swap him for parker

Agreed. Two good players who are not happy at their current teams due to run ins with the fans.

Reo-Coker is a good guy, he just needs to get away from the stupid Ferdinand boy and Zamora.

Captained Wimbledon, West Ham and is England under 21 captain.

Guest gggg

Eight fucking million? As in £8,000,000m?

The world's gone mad.  :cheesy:

8 million for a midfielder who can't tackle, pass, control the ball or shoot. And a total prick.

I'd rather have Barton.

Guest Triglett

Pretty much the typical Spurs signing. Guess he'll improve our squad options, but we could do better. £5m max though... I don't think West Ham would be too unhappy to see him go TBH.

Wouldn't be all that surprised if youse did end up going for him.

Eight fucking million? As in £8,000,000m?

The world's gone mad.  :cheesy:

8 million for a midfielder who can't tackle, pass, control the ball or shoot. And a total prick.

I'd rather have Barton.

Agreed. If we have to have an average, English, central midfielder here next season, i hope it's Barton rather than Reo-Coker, Parker or Nolan.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

the boys good, no doubt, but is he better than milner emre parker duff zoggy or even dyer, i personally dont think so, he is a decent replacement, but nothing that will move us on in the way that we require, and for that price, definitely not

I'd have Reo-Coker in a swap deal for Parker as well. It would suit all parties, we get rid of a player who just isn't working out for us and we get a player who until this season was doing well for West Ham. Parker probably would be happy to go there being from London plus he's worked with Curbishley before.

Only worry I would have with Reo-Coker is his attitude. West Ham fans reckon he's too big for his boots.

Guest Triglett

Can't believe you could single at NRC for his attitude problems, and in the same post say you'd take Barton. Calling him a prick would be too kind.

Swap for Dyer, that is all i'd offer for him, i wouldn't swap Parker for him, Parker is a much better player imo.

Wouldn't even swap Dyer, we could probobly get £5m+ for Dyer and I don't think Reo-Coker is even worth that.

Guest posadageordie

Reo Coker is a superb central midfielder and far better than anything we've got in our squad. I'd snap West Ham's hands off to get him.

Reo Coker is a superb central midfielder and far better than anything we've got in our squad. I'd snap West Ham's hands off to get him.

Wasn't superb this season, wasn't superb the season before last. Living off the reputation of one season.

Reminds me of a couple of the Ipswich players such as Matt Holland after they had their brilliant year.

Wasn't superb this season, wasn't superb the season before last. Living off the reputation of one season.

Reminds me of a couple of the Ipswich players such as Matt Holland after they had their brilliant year.

and of jenas

Guest trainer

He's sh*te wouldnt take him for free. Do we really want another dyer? Massively overated and hope he goes to spuds!!!!

Guest posadageordie

Parker, Emre and Duff are the ones living off past reputations, Reo-Cokers got the lot for a midfielder.

would swap him for parker

Agreed. Two good players who are not happy at their current teams due to run ins with the fans.

Says who? That was back in November, i think. I'd be surprised if Parker was unhappy.

Parker, Emre and Duff are the ones living off past reputations, Reo-Cokers got the lot for a midfielder.

Would agree to an extent with the first comment but Reo-Coker doesn't have everything. Has only ever had one good season and until he shows he is something more than a one season wonder we shouldn't touch him. Showed his true colours for me this year.