Big Sam looking at Crouch

Dokko

If you say so TT, if you say so. You do of course know Owen's thoughts word for word, I take it.

I'll ask again, what the fuk do you think his silence means?

That he's not sure where his future is, that he needs to sit down and talk with Big Sam, and that it'd probably be best to wait till the takeover is complete to do so? No point him coming out and stating his commitment to the club if theres any doubt in his mind that he won't be wearing the black and white next season. I too want only players who are 100% committed to the cause playing for the club, maybe Owen just needs proof that we can match his ambitions before he can deliver that commitment.

"Goodness grief!"

"Blimey!"

"Oo you're in a foul mood!"

"Have a lie down old chap!"

:lol: More from the KaKa Gay collection are available to buy from his exclusive CD-Rom!

;)

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

You wish you were as fly and sexy as I am!

:icon_rr:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatever girlfriiiiiiiieeend

:lol:

Prat.

If you say so TT, if you say so. You do of course know Owen's thoughts word for word, I take it.

That he's not sure where his future is, that he needs to sit down and talk with Big Sam, and that it'd probably be best to wait till the takeover is complete to do so? No point him coming out and stating his commitment to the club if theres any doubt in his mind that he won't be wearing the black and white next season. I too want only players who are 100% committed to the cause playing for the club, maybe Owen just needs proof that we can match his ambitions before he can deliver that commitment.

If we had him last season we could of matched his Euro ambitions, but he rushed himself to fitness for his beloved Country and missed the entire season.

I'd understand if he played and slogged his guts out all season, we finished where we were and he thought fuk it am off, at least he tried but it looks like he's incapable of giving us a year of his time, while we've given him two years of wages for nowt.

Its a kick in the teeth that is waiting to happen, i'm resigned to losing him and both him and FS want shot for putting the club in this position, 20,000 turnout for 14 games and 8 goals. (crrect me if its wrong)

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

Ah well, its 4am in the morning, what do you expect?  O0

Prat.

Bitch please.

If we had him last season we could of matched his Euro ambitions, but he rushed himself to fitness for his beloved Country and missed the entire season.

I'd understand if he played and slogged his guts out all season, we finished where we were and he thought fuk it am off, at least he tried but it looks like he's incapable of giving us a year of his time, while we've given him two years of wages for nowt.

Its a kick in the teeth that is waiting to happen, i'm resigned to losing him and both him and FS want shot for putting the club in this position, 20,000 turnout for 14 games and 8 goals. (crrect me if its wrong)

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

Only 1:45am actually (unless you're on holiday) :lol:

Prat.

Bitch please.

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

woosh!

:cheesy:

Wish i was, but it is late and i must be off.

Prat.

Bitch please.

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

woosh!

Not sure where the woosh was in that but oh well :)

Prat.

Bitch please.

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

woosh!

More of a joke than a woosh, but i've been up for nearly 24hours so you can forgive me.

Prat.

Bitch please.

Fuking muppets.

You are...

...it was only 7.

woosh!

More of a joke than a woosh, but i've been up for nearly 24hours so you can forgive me.

Is Owen getting to you so much that you can't sleep?

Guest Ridzuan

I dont mind Crouch coming here but I agree with most of you that 10M is a ridiculous price for a player like Crouch.Maybe 5 or 6m will do for me.

If owen had to come out and comment on speculation of him leaving he would have to do it every week. The rest of the world cant cope with the fact he came to us ahead of Liverpool or Manure. Given, Parker, Dyer all get linked but rarely come out and declare undying love for the club.

He has come out numerous times since he has been here saying how guilty he feels about being injured and wants to return and pay back our loyalty up to a month ago. I think the majority of people just want him to leave just to satisfy their own pre-conceptions.

But if at the end of the day he leaves, he leaves, big deal, we replace him. he has no emotional links with the club. He is a professional footballer that will go where his opportunities of winning things are best.

As for Crouch, its a steep price 7/8m tops. But would be a good addition, as would viduka.

Crouch, Martins, (owen) Viduka, Shola isnt a bad group. Carrol can get some decent experience elsewhere.

Guest Rich555

12 million and you can definitely take him off us, no, really, he's yours.  Good player, but I think we might get rid of in the summer for a big bid.  He's expendable

Big Sam would likely do more with him than Benitez does anyway, more his style of player

Peter Crouch has been reassured about his Liverpool future by manager Rafael Benitez.

The Spaniard has stressed the need for the beaten Champions League finalists to spend big and spend quick this summer.

But England striker Crouch, linked with a possible move to Newcastle, is adamant that he has not been earmarked for the exit door at Anfield to make room for new signings.

"He's (Benitez) told me I'm part of his plans and that's good enough for me," Crouch told Sky Sports News.

www.sportinglife.com

Guest Rich555

He won't go unless theres a very decent (£10 million +) offer on the table.  Then, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go

I like Crouch and think he would do well for us, much improved player.

As for Owen its the "who can blame him if he goes.." comments that piss me off, aye we have looked after him for the last 2 years, paid him huge wages and paid out a large sum to bring him here for a dozen games a season but who can blame him if he wants to fuck off on a reduced fee? Fuck off!

I like Crouch and think he would do well for us, much improved player.

As for Owen its the "who can blame him if he goes.." comments that piss me off, aye we have looked after him for the last 2 years, paid him huge wages and paid out a large sum to bring him here for a dozen games a season but who can blame him if he wants to fuck off on a reduced fee? Fuck off!

Agree with Jon on this and with others that £10m IS a bit steep for Crouch, as well, and that's coming from me - an avid supporter of the gangly bastard. Would prefer Viduka, I must say, but if we're somehow getting shot of Ameobi as well then Crouch/Viduka would hypothetically be a massive improvement on Shola/Sibierski.

For this kind of money we can get a whole lot better off.  Paying overprices in England is not worth it. Look around in Europe with this money instead.  There are so many better buys

Elmander

Baptista

Makaay

Gudjohnsen

Afonso Alves

Huntelaar

Milito

To name a few

For this kind of money we can get a whole lot better off.  Paying overprices in England is not worth it. Look around in Europe with this money instead.  There are so many better buys

Elmander

Baptista

Makaay

Gudjohnsen

Afonso Alves

Huntelaar

Milito

To name a few

This. Maybe a different list, but essentially, for the money were talking about, Crouch is very overpriced.

Probably a few million more to sign Huntelaar, who is ten times the finisher Crouch is and has a similarly good all round game.

Elmander

Baptista

Makaay

Gudjohnsen

Afonso Alves

Huntelaar

Milito

To name a few

Elmander - Been linked with top clubs around Europe, but in all fairness, why would he move from Toulouse as they are on the verge of CL qualification?

Baptista - Basically hates the NE according to newspapers (See other thread)

Makaay - 32 year old, so he's the right age for Big Sam atleast.. Doubt he'll move from Munich though, even if they didn't qualified for CL + the purchase of Luca Toni

Gudjohnsen - Would be a great acquisition but he's not on the move according to his father/agent. (See other thread)

Afonso Alves - Barcelona and Chelsea are said to be monitoring him. Included in the Brazil squad for the first time ever recently. Would cost a fortune

Huntelaar - Said to be on his way to Manure, doubt he'll choose us in favour of them

Milito - Don't know much about him tbh so I won't say anything :)

Guest gggg

Most of that list is laughable tbh. Baptista ffs

can't understand the stick Crouch still gets he's scored 54 goals in the last 2 and half years at all levels and was the second highest scorer in the champions league last season. He's way above our level.

Crouch has the ability to be an excellent player for us if he's used to his strengths, with the way Allardyce got the best out of Kevin Davies at Bolton I could see Crouch becoming unplayable if that system was introduced here.

I'd be all for signing him.

Guest SwissMagpie

Give me Bent for 12 Million and i will be happy,again i think that we need three quality strikers if we want to fight in the top 6.

Owen,Martins,Bent and Ameobi is fantastic strikeforce