Oba AWOL again

lovejoy

People have such short memories.

I'm sure there will be a valid explaination for this but oh no, all of the knee-jerkers are instantly GET RID NOW, OBA OUT. What a joke.

None of you know why hes absent for Nigeria but you still jump to conclusions and stamp your feet on the ground :tickedoff:

This is the SECOND time he's done this - your acceptance of this sort of behaviour by NUFC players is exactly why this club has achieved so little over the past 40 years - too much tolerance of second-best and UNPROFESSIONALISM...

Well actually for the Watford game he rung up Freddy Shephard later that day and explained it was a total misunderstanding which Freddy said himself. I can get the link to that if you like.

And this time its for Nigeria and nobody knows why hes absent yet, so we'll just have to wait and see before we jump to any conclusions.

Guest nyscooby

If we have a new owner with big plans, maybe OM is easily sellable now, with a kitty and a new manager, why would we ever have a striker shortage again?

Can't believe how quickly the fans have turned on him, well actually I can! :lol:

In fairness, a lot of us haven't liked the lad that much from the start :razz:

Guest elbee909

The Nigerian FA are a fucking laugh to be talking about lacking professionalism, wasn't that long ago that they were telling all and sundry the guy was 58 years old or something.

Fair enough but there has certainly been a change from the masses.

Can't disagree there, but it's the way of the world these days innit? I dread to think what we'll be like when we know there's millions of pounds (potentially) sitting there to buy new players with. I can't help but feel that people will be more fickle than ever before as success actually looks like becoming more of a reality. Hope not, but it's the most likely outcome.

I do still hope we keep Oba, mind, and that he's fucking mint next season - but I can't see how we're gonna keep both him AND Owen, unless one gets crocked in the pre-season and makes it a certainty for the other to get a regular game (I think it's fairly obvious who Sam will prefer like.) If we were in Europe I'd be more confident of keeping both and keeping Martins fairly content, but I'm resigned to losing one of them, which is a great shame because neither have had a proper chance to show us what they can do yet.

Guest justin99.

Much prefer we kept Oba than Owen.

He's only 22 and had one season in a different league ffs!

He was the only player besides Given, that I hoped to see on the teamsheet.

Guest Phil K

I'm sure there will be a valid explaination for this but oh no, all of the knee-jerkers are instantly GET RID NOW, OBA OUT. What a joke.

None of you know why hes absent for Nigeria but you still jump to conclusions and stamp your feet on the ground :tickedoff:

I'd say it's YOU that has the short memory.

The "I'm injured, but really it's cos I can't be arsed" disappearence last game of the season, to say nothing about the dismal performances and zero goals for the last couple of months would make him surplus to requirments if you ask me.

I'd say it's YOU that has the short memory.

The "I'm injured, but really it's cos I can't be arsed" disappearence last game of the season, to say nothing about the dismal performances and zero goals for the last couple of months would make him surplus to requirments if you ask me.

Obafindme has gone a bit wierd of late.

Much prefer we kept Oba than Owen.

He's only 22 and had one season in a different league ffs!

He was the only player besides Given, that I hoped to see on the teamsheet.

Yeah same here.

And i love him the most and totally not ashamed to admit that.

Guest Deep456

Try swap him for Huntalaar? Add a bit of cash to the mix like £4milion. Maybe we will get him.

Some of the posts in this thread are unreal. It's blatantly obvious that some of you are Olivers sheep, basically know fuck all and live on a diet of back page shit from the chronicle.

Other than the Watford game what has Martins done thats been out of order, because all this about him being a waste of space is news to me.

Guest TheOrder

Try swap him for Huntalaar? Add a bit of cash to the mix like £4milion. Maybe we will get him.

Give me a second, i'll see if it works on Football Manager ;) ffs

Guest BooBoo

Some of the posts in this thread are unreal. It's blatantly obvious that some of you are Olivers sheep, basically know f*** all and live on a diet of back page s*** from the chronicle.

Other than the Watford game what has Martins done thats been out of order, because all this about him being a waste of space is news to me.

I've seen enough of Martins this season to tell you he's not a £10million player. His attitude shown in the last ten games was a disgrace, culminating in his no show at Watford.

Who cares that Martins hasn't turned up for Nigeria? Not me. The club released him so it's not like the Nigeria FA can blame NUFC. It works in our favour if he doesn't play for Nigeria anyway.

Allardyce has already come out and said that he wants to keep Martins (and Owen). He scored 17 goals in a poor team in his first season in England. He is far from perfect but he is only 22. I'm sure Allardyce will be able to improve him. Diouf was a misfit at Liverpool but Allardyce got good performances out of him.

Guest Tony_r

Stupid post tbh..People here still think Ameobi is a decent player and Luque is s***.

Not sure about on here but in person I don't know anyone who thinks Ameobi is good, but thats beside the point, I know loads of peeps who were hating him, Babayaro, Martins etc all before they even had a chance. I'm not actually advocating any position of this, just always seems to me people are much quicker to demonise black players at newcastle, I don't mean to imply that every person who criticise's him is racist though.

Personally I've found his behaviour a bit disapointing recently, especially since I've argued his case  in the past with certain friends who've written him from day 1, I'd prefer for him to be given a chance to redeem himself if he's of the mind rather than just screaming for him to be sold before we've heard anything from him.

Some of the posts in this thread are unreal. It's blatantly obvious that some of you are Olivers sheep, basically know fuck all and live on a diet of back page shit from the chronicle.

Spot on.