Derek Boateng

Decky

The Ghana midfield is usually Essien, Appiah, Muntari and Kingston who are all very good players.

Saying this fella is Essien's midfield partner is wide of the mark. Never really heard of him.

Apologies for the dig in the article....What I meant was Parker is totally unsuited to your club as he is ours.

You're alright mate, I wasn't going to lose any sleep over it O0

If we're after africans then we should sign Boka.

Good shout.

Think we should get Kingston in, heard nothing but good reports about him in Scotland and seems a very dynamic player and a bit of a cult hero to boost. The Russian club that owns him only want about 500k for him which would be worth a gamble in anyones book.

Because our last superstar signing from Scotland turned out well. In my opinion we shouldn't go anywhere near someone who hasn't proven himself in a decent league yet.

Hardly costing £8m is he? Should we wait untill he proves himself and the the price becomes extorinate?

It's not like were exactly short of cash now is it. If we are aiming for the CL in the next few years we should not be going for this type of player. When did you last see one of the top 4 signing a player with his sort of background.

Also it seems utterly bizarre Sam would want a new DM when we have Butt and Parker who we know are very capable DM and most likely miles better than this guy from Hearts and that Boateng.

Sam showed at Bolton that you can only take a team of cheap imports so far before you hit a brick wall.

This is the kind of attitude that takes us backward

If we're after africans then we should sign Boka.

Good shout.

Think we should get Kingston in, heard nothing but good reports about him in Scotland and seems a very dynamic player and a bit of a cult hero to boost. The Russian club that owns him only want about 500k for him which would be worth a gamble in anyones book.

Because our last superstar signing from Scotland turned out well. In my opinion we shouldn't go anywhere near someone who hasn't proven himself in a decent league yet.

Hardly costing £8m is he? Should we wait untill he proves himself and the the price becomes extorinate?

It's not like were exactly short of cash now is it. If we are aiming for the CL in the next few years we should not be going for this type of player. When did you last see one of the top 4 signing a player with his sort of background.

Also it seems utterly bizarre Sam would want a new DM when we have Butt and Parker who we know are very capable DM and most likely miles better than this guy from Hearts and that Boateng.

Sam showed at Bolton that you can only take a team of cheap imports so far before you hit a brick wall.

This is the kind of attitude that takes us backward

I was so staggered and dissapointed by that comment I couldn't even muster the energy to respond, with all the crap we have done in the last few years how can there are still be some people with such an outlook.

Then to have the nerve to have a dig at Sam for "hitting a brick wall"? It is quite unbelievable ... if Sam is hitting a brick wall then what the hell have we been doing? We ain't even anywhere near the damned building man!

Guest Doglas

Hey guys.

Derek Boateng is a very gifted player who made some very questionable career decisions

Ghanaians had very high hopes on him, especially after the U21 world cup 2001 in Argentina, where Ghana made the finals, even Maradona himself said something in the lines of "he is going to be a very big player" after the  final match vs Argentina . At that time he was way ahead of M.Essien and S.A .Muntari.

but laziness and  being generally undisciplined, took him of course. 

But we all saw what Sam Allardyce did to Okocha and i think he will be able to do the same thing with boateng, if he gets signed of course.

Anyway's here is a first half of a league match he played in sweden that earned him a World cup slot  @ the Ghanaian national team (For you who havent seen that much of him) ('Nr 20' Red and Gold jersey')

<sorry, no links to football related videos>

Guest Invicta_Toon

Will people never learn!?!

How many big-name players have we bought over the last decade?

And where has it got us?

The answers are:

Loads.

Fucking nowhere!!

We need to be building a decent squad before we start buying luxury players, you lot are trying to hang the curtains before we've even laid the foundations!! No matter how much money comes into the club, we're still going to need decent players who can do a job, but won't think they're the dog's bollocks and whinge like fuck when they don't get their own way. Look at how much money Chelsea, and even more so Real, have wasted chasing a team of Galacticos. The players that have been a success at Chelsea are specifically not the ones that were bought more for the name on the shirt rather than the player inside it. Crespo, Shevchenko (I still reckon he'll turn it around like), Veron, etc, etc, all flops, flops that were bought for glamour and not footballing logic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us bring in 5 or 6 players this summer for what we'd usually pay for one, at last someone with a brain is running our transfer policy, thank fuck for that!! :D

The flaw in your argument being 'we', meaning Freddie Shepherd, John Hall, Douglass Hall, Graeme Sounness, etc etc

Here is a video of Boateng from last years World Cup, he joins his team mate Appiah when saying hello to his Brazilian friends, look at their faces after he leavs. It looks like they are thinking who the f**k was that?

The way Adriano greets Appiah is a bit weird if you ask me. 

Here is a video of Boateng from last years World Cup, he joins his team mate Appiah when saying hello to his Brazilian friends, look at their faces after he leavs. It looks like they are thinking who the f**k was that?

Might want to snip that link... ;)

Might want to snip that link... ;)

He's alright, there's no actual football in that one, just some geezers shaking hands.

if we can afford to spend £8m on boumsong, £6m on bramble, £10m on luque etc. i think we can afford to risk "less than 1 million" on this guy!!!!

We couldn't really afford to spend that sort of money on those players but I agree with your general point.

I am a little worried that those who have actually seen him play think he wont make it though.

if we can afford to spend £8m on boumsong, £6m on bramble, £10m on luque etc. i think we can afford to risk "less than 1 million" on this guy!!!!

We couldn't really afford to spend that sort of money on those players but I agree with your general point.

I am a little worried that those who have actually seen him play think he wont make it though.

I've seen him play recently for Ghana, and I am not surprised Sam is interested. He has been really good of late and seems to be back on the up.

All those who think he won't make it saw him at Sweden, where he probably wasn't as motivated. He had just excelled at the under 20 championships and was voted Ghana's most promising player ahead of the Essiens and Appiahs and he was also brilliant for Panathanikos in the champions league but somehow ended up in Sweden (probably due to a dodgy agent).

He is a good player, and at the very worst will be a solid squad player. At the very best he has the potential to be up there with Essien. I feel optimistic because he will be working with Big Sam as well so it is more likely he will play at his peak rather than underachieve.

I've seen him play recently for Ghana, and I am not surprised Sam is interested. He has been really good of late and seems to be back on the up.

All those who think he won't make it saw him at Sweden, where he probably wasn't as motivated. He had just excelled at the under 20 championships and was voted Ghana's most promising player ahead of the Essiens and Appiahs and he was also brilliant for Panathanikos in the champions league but somehow ended up in Sweden (probably due to a dodgy agent).

He is a good player, and at the very worst will be a solid squad player. At the very best he has the potential to be up there with Essien. I feel optimistic because he will be working with Big Sam as well so it is more likely he will play at his peak rather than underachieve.

More or less my outlook on the player. He hasn't really been tested at the highest level, but Ghanian and Nigerian players have plenty of fight in them. I defer to Sam'd judgement, won't be an impulse buy that's for sure. Deal is close.

More or less my outlook on the player. He hasn't really been tested at the highest level, but Ghanian and Nigerian players have plenty of fight in them. I defer to Sam'd judgement, won't be an impulse buy that's for sure. Deal is close.

What is exciting about him is that he has excellent athletic ability and pace which are the more typical African attributes, but his use of the ball is also very good. He is better with the ball than Essien is. Passes and spreads the ball around very well.

I have a page where you can watch a stream of a recent Ghana vs Austria match where he plays in centre mid, but I don't know if it is okay to post it on here?

It is the page for a user on filefront who has some Ghana games. Am I allowed to post this? The page doesn't actually contain the video clip itself.

I watched one of his games for AIK last night and yes was very impressed how he spread play/his first touch and general dynamism. Better passer than Parker easily. Looks like one of those players who just made one or two bad career moves and got a big sidetracked psychologically. Plenty of potential there for sure.

Reg link you'll have to check with Aphrodite.

Guest Deep456

On the field ths guy is out of this world. I mean his pace and power is just unimginable. Imagine a far better Henry you have him here. SIGH.

Is this the same as Nicky Shorey being as good as Woodgate like?  :lol:

Seriously, all my respect for you has gone. It turns out your a very naive person, the simple Sigh suggests I wasn't being serious.  O0

Owned, GG.  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Someone hand this guy a towel, because he just got rinsed. Ouch.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I can agree with all of you that he has a lot of individuall skill but still can't see him becoming the new Diop/Ben Haim. He hasn't got the right mental toughness and the right attitude. His work ethic is not as high as Diops or Essiens. I'd love to say that I think he could become the new Diop or Essien but I'm not convinced at all.

But I really think you are on to something about the price. A £1m gamble is better then what the club usually gambles with. There is one last thing that makes me doubtful. Will he accept not beeing bought for the starting eleven and have to work his way into the team? I really doubt it since he complained a lot when he got left out of the squad in AIK. If he doesn't take his chance when he gets it there is a big risk he will start complaining. But then Sam will just offload him for half the price with no bigger damage done.

Now that I have more or less promised you he will be the new Faye he will probably become the best midfielder in the clubs history and you will pick out this thread in five years time and have something to laugh at.  :thup:

what the hell is Emerson doing with Appiah? :|