UEFA 5 star & 4 star Stadiums!

Karjala

Aparently UEFA has a list of 5 star stadiums (which can host Champions League Finals) and 4 Star stadiums (which can host UEFA Cup Finals)...

Is there any truth in this article? Ive read elsewhere that the 4* and 5* catogaries DO exist, but find it hard to believe some of those stadiums are in there (particularly the 4* ones) and SJP is nowhere to be seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Stadia_List

So Sunderland and Southampton have better hotels?

Sunderland have virtually NO hotels, while Newcastle has many, including some 5 star, I'm sure. 

Just amend the page to include us - easy to do, you do not have to register or anything.  I have amended many pages in the past . . . .

Guest David Kelly

So Sunderland and Southampton have better hotels?

You're kidding right?  They don't have indoor plumbing in Sunderland yet!

Seriously though, to my knowlege they don't have anything anywhere near comparable to The Copthorne, Malmaison, Vermont etc.

I remember us being on the short list a few years back for the Uefa cup final as were Sunderland, would we have been on the shortlist if our facilities didn't come up to scratch?

We aren't there because of the accomodation in and around the city I believe.

I thought it was because we didn't satisfy: First-rate dressing-rooms for both teams and the referees (equal size and furnishings for both teams, spacious, bright and clean).

The home dressing room was apparently nicer than the away and refs room. I think they recently changed this and did all the dressing rooms up nicely, but this is only a vague memory.

Are the home and away dressing rooms at SJP the same size?

I think that the home dressing room is more favorable compared to the away dressing room at SJP. One of the rule is they have to be the same/similar.

Are the home and away dressing rooms at SJP the same size?

No and that's the reason we're not on the list. 

Forget about SOS and St Mary's, the biggest joke of the lot is that Hampden Park can hold a CL final and we can't.  The interior of SJP is virtually unparalelled in Europe, Juventus even came over to do some research in to how they could implement the design of the Milburn in to their new stadium.  It's an absolute disgrace that technicalities such as 500 5* star hotel, and dressing rooms exactly the same szie have cost us the chance of hosting one.  I bet within 30 miles including places like Slaley Hall there are near 500 5* rooms anyway, but they all have to be in one city.

Liverpool hosted an equally prestigious play off game between Ireland and Holland in 1996, and don't tell me the facilities Merseyside has are better than we have.

How different are they then? Any pics? I think its a pretty valid reason to disqualify someone from hosting a cup final myself, but it depends how big the differences are...

It's hardly like the difference between the two at Plough Lane where they'd leave the away one smelling of shit, with no bog roll.

The home one is slightly bigger, and that's the only difference.

A footy stadium such as Rasunda in Stockholm certainly qualifies on the hotel bit, but is no where near the SJP level of quality.

Nou Camp is a brilliant stadium, but inside the corridors/bogs etc its nowt as good as SJP (i know i would still rate it above SJP overall, but you know what i mean)

Aparently UEFA has a list of 5 star stadiums (which can host Champions League Finals) and 4 Star stadiums (which can host UEFA Cup Finals)...

Is there any truth in this article? Ive read elsewhere that the 4* and 5* catogaries DO exist, but find it hard to believe some of those stadiums are in there (particularly the 4* ones) and SJP is nowhere to be seen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Stadia_List

Who the hell has just changed it to the "Stadium of Shite" :lol: