Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Not yet.  A fee has been agreed and it is undisclosed

Still not seen anything about the fee being agreed other than on Sky Sports (News).

Fridaynightitis probably.

Eh?

Guest Hodgson09

How thick are people on this board he wan't a very good player anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that if we got 7-8.5 million for him that we have received an excellent deal.

Everyone goes on about his running himself into the ground, so what!!! He couldn't pass a ball worth a damn and he couldn't run with the ball, his tackles were often ill timed, and his decision making on the pitch was unbelievably slow.

If you are really into watching hard working players maybe you should change your name to Souness, because a team of hard working players will fail miserably everytime.

Didn't build on a good first season, not worth £7m so if we got that much for him then good bit of business.

Glad to see a clear out happening, hope we start singing people though cos it's making me nervous that we've only got about seven players :lol:

I have faith though  O0

Going through the press today it seems the Hammers are hell bent on trying to out dwarf our midfield, today they are linked with Richardson (Man Utd), Barton (Man City) & SWP (Chelsea)  If the get that LITTLE lot & we play our small crew, people who have tickets/swipe card for seats in level 7 for the West Ham game may as well not come.May as well get the subbuteo pitch out

Interesting quote from Joey Barton.

"What Sam Allardyce achieved at Bolton without a big budget was fantastic."

"Newcastle United are a big club and who know's what he can achieve there? The future looks very exciting."

It's almost as if he's trying to get himself a move to another club or something...

Guest smoggeordie

"Newcastle United are a big club and who know's what he can achieve there? The future looks very exciting."

It's almost as if he's trying to get himself a move to another club or something...

Nah, just think he's a genuine nice fella.

Nah, just think he's a genuine nice fella.

:lol: Gold.

Still not left?

Still needs to agree terms and have a medical I think. Read somewhere (Ronnie?) that the fee is closer to £8m rather than the £7m we all thought it was.

Could be bollocks like... :undecided:

Guest Phil K

I believe Parker was treated shoddily by a pack of halfwit followers amongst us.

The fact he and Butt could not play together was obvious to all but f*****g Roeder.

Parker played well when not encumbered by Butt and vise versa.

The same shitbags who booed Parker where the same dumbclucks that whined that Shearer was "past it"for his last two seasons.....

To get to Brain-dead Ars*hole level they'd need a promotion.....

Good luck to Scotty - I wish him well, and hope that he finishes high up the league with West Ham - just as long as it's well below us...

Shearer was past it for his last two years like.

And we got our best production from CM when Parker was absent and Butt and Emre played together. Roeder should get a lot of the blame for it as he was the one who set out the tactics, but to say Parker was anything other than completely useless this season is wrong.

Shearer was past it for his last season, wouldn't disagree. But it wasn't his fault that he had to play every single game.

Season before that, 04/05, he did alright - 19 goals wasn't bad for someone who was 'past it'. He should have been used more sparingly in the Premier League, though - but again - he was forced into the side thanks to constant injuries. He himself had a 3-month on the sidelines aswell, if i remember correctly.

Anyhow, Parker has had an utterly fruitless season - we were a better team when he wasn't in it. He didn't pick himself, though. And although it was largely his doing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of many who fell victim to a shite managerial set-up.

Shearer was past it for his last season, wouldn't disagree. But it wasn't his fault that he had to play every single game.

Season before that, 04/05, he did alright - 19 goals wasn't bad for someone who was 'past it'. He should have been used more sparingly in the Premier League, though - but again - he was forced into the side thanks to constant injuries. He himself had a 3-month on the sidelines aswell, if i remember correctly.

Anyhow, Parker has had an utterly fruitless season - we were a better team when he wasn't in it. He didn't pick himself, though. And although it was largely his doing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of many who fell victim to a shite managerial set-up.

:lol:

Yeah, because he was always happy to be dropped, wasn't he.

Anyhow, Parker has had an utterly fruitless season - we were a better team when he wasn't in it. He didn't pick himself, though. And although it was largely his doing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of many who fell victim to a s**** managerial set-up.

Would love to see Shearer's goals per minute ratio in the 2004-5 season compared to Kluivert's.

Anyhow, Parker has had an utterly fruitless season - we were a better team when he wasn't in it. He didn't pick himself, though. And although it was largely his doing, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of many who fell victim to a s**** managerial set-up.

Would love to see Shearer's goals per minute ratio in the 2004-5 season compared to Kluivert's.

goals (from open play) per minute ratio especially

but, like Taylor's stats, swept right under the carpet

:lol:

Yeah, because he was always happy to be dropped, wasn't he.

I said that because the only other alternative to Shearer and Ameobi, was Chopra. Not because he should or should not have been dropped.

Kluivert, like Shearer, scored the vast majority of his goals in the cup competitions.

IIRC 7 were in the Prem, the rest against part-time farmers (they only milk the cows in the morning) in the Intertoto and UEFA.