Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Parkers best game for me was the one against Arsenal 05-06 when he literally ran himself into the ground.Went awfully stale last seasson though and a sale at a profit looks like decent business to me.

Parkers best game for me was the one against Arsenal 05-06 when he literally ran himself into the ground.Went awfully stale last seasson though and a sale at a profit looks like decent business to me.

As long as we can get someone of, at the very least, similar quality or better. 

Guest graemeh72

what a contribution gaemeh72, rolling your eyes was it worth it?

summed up my thoughts perfectly thank you very much

Guest Invicta_Toon

we've lost the only half decent player that actually came here in the last 3 years wanting to play for this club

and yes, what happened to everyone gets a clean slate, Sam can get anyone settled?

fucking bullshit as usual, and keeping the likes of Dyer makes it even worse

Guest Invicta_Toon

exactly, it's not a decent move if you have to go and spend £7m to just get a player of the same ability FFS

Another one hounded out by the fans.

Speed - In his final season for us the general opinion was that he was rubbish and most when he was sold for peanuts to Bolton.

WHAT?!

Speed is the most ridiculously over-rated Newcastle player of the Premiership era. He was decent, no more, no less. People take the mick out of Parker and his pirouettes, Speed was similar in that respect. He'd also give the ball a fair bit, wasn't a great tackler, and how often would the wingers (in particular Robert), have to stop a forward run because rather than play the ball in front of them, Speed would play it to feet or even behind? The only thing that made him stand out was that he wasn't as attacking as the other three midfielders and didn't bomb forward all of the time. Want my true view, Acuna was much the better player.

Agreed-definitely.Not Barton for me or NRC.

I'd hope if Barton did come that Sam could weave his magic like he did with the mad spitter Dioup. 

Sidwell would have been a nice replacement for Parker.  Suppose he'll be up for grabs, after riding the

pine at Chelski, the year after next. 

we've lost the only half decent player that actually came here in the last 3 years wanting to play for this club

and yes, what happened to everyone gets a clean slate, Sam can get anyone settled?

f****** bullshit as usual, and keeping the likes of Dyer makes it even worse

If Parker wanted out, you can't play that card, mate. 

exactly, it's not a decent move if you have to go and spend £7m to just get a player of the same ability FFS

I'm guessing he just wanted to leave, which is understandable and Sam needn't stand in his way. I liked Parker but I never felt he was vocal enough as captain but his committment was usually top notch..

Bring on a replacement, I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, anything could happen

Guest Invicta_Toon

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only cunt who needed persuading left

you think Dyer or Owen needed much persuading? Bollocks

The way I see it, if a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore (for whatever reason), get rid. If this is the case, I'm happy that we'll get a few quid for him, and I trust in Sams ability to unearth a young/unknown player who can do a job for us. We shouldn't need to beg players to stay, especially as so many of our so-called stars have flattered to deceive in recent seasons. So, if Owen, Dyer, Parker, whoever, wants out, fuck 'em, let them go, as long as we can get a good deal. We need to move on, and I can see there being a few more departures before the end of the summer...

Guest graemeh72

The way I see it, if a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore (for whatever reason), get rid.

I park my car in the same garage!

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only cunt who needed persuading left

If a player doesn't want to be here, then why keep him?

If Parker wanted to move back to London and that was in his head, then i'm glad he's gone, when a player loses focus like that its hard to get them back, and SA saw an opportunity to get some good cash for a palyer the fans haven't really taken to as their captain.

Its what most would of done in the same boat.

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only c*** who needed persuading left

What?  Vic, I honestly don't understand what the fuck you're getting at, mate. 

If a player is vocal about a change and approaches the manager for it, what is one to do? 

Persuade him to stay?  Fine if he does, but you always know that there is some doubt in

his mind.  I'd rather do what's best for both parties (If, in fact, Parker did want out) and

send him where he can get a fresh start. 

If he was forced out, that's a whole other scenario. 

well, again that says a lot about the club and Fat Sam tbh, the only c*** who needed persuading left

If a player is vocal about a change and approaches the manager for it, what is one to do? 

Persuade him to stay?  Fine if he does, but you always know that there is some doubt in

his mind.  I'd rather do what's best for both parties (If, in fact, Parker did want out) and

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/04/queenCAMERA200406_450x450.jpg

:lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

why would he have immediately gone to Allardyce and asked for a move?, that's what you need to ask yourself, and that's why this move stinks

Guest graemeh72

why would he have immediately gone to Allardyce and asked for a move?, that's what you need to ask yourself, and that's why this move stinks

1) He's a cockney through and through

2) He doesn't get on with the fans

3) West Ham are capable of offering good money and first team football

Guest Invicta_Toon

Because he's a Cockney and wants to move back home?

after he wanted to move here in the first place?

how many non-gerodies are there in the team btw? do they all want to go home?

The way I see it, if a player doesn't want to play for the club anymore (for whatever reason), get rid. If this is the case, I'm happy that we'll get a few quid for him, and I trust in Sams ability to unearth a young/unknown player who can do a job for us. We shouldn't need to beg players to stay, especially as so many of our so-called stars have flattered to deceive in recent seasons. So, if Owen, Dyer, Parker, whoever, wants out, f*** 'em, let them go, as long as we can get a good deal. We need to move on, and I can see there being a few more departures before the end of the summer...

Totally agreed. Too much money in players that don't want to play for us... I want Owen to leave as well.