Owen Hargreaves.

Baggio

Guest teepee

a lot of money spent - and incredibly fast as well!

starting to look like very big favourites for next seaon.

As a fellow Canadian, I'm over the moon for the lad.  I've followed his career for quite some time and always knew he would come good for England.  I hope he does well in what's shaping up on paper to be quite the squad at Man U.

Christ, 50 mill spent and it's June 1st.  Have they even shipped anyone out? 

As a fellow Canadian, I'm over the moon for the lad.  I've followed his career for quite some time and always knew he would come good for England.  I hope he does well in what's shaping up on paper to be quite the squad at Man U.

I'm in the same boat. I have no love for Manchester United, but I'll be happy to see Hargreaves in the Premiership.

I think that Man U were anxious to sign their targets quickly, so that Chelsea didn't have a chance to hijack them, like they've done in the past.

Rumours are that They will be shipping out

Gabriel Heinze - Real Madrid or any European giant

Kieran Richardson - Sheffield United

Phillip Bardsley - Aston Villa

Won't miss them much.  I like Heinze, but as mentioned, he'll go to a bigger club. 

I'm in the same boat. I have no love for Manchester United, but I'll be happy to see Hargreaves in the Premiership.

I think that Man U were anxious to sign their targets quickly, so that Chelsea didn't have a chance to hijack them, like they've done in the past.

Good point, but I think winning the league gave them clout over Chelsea.  Then again, the almighty dollars trumps all. 

I hope Hargreaves deals well with the pressure, but he's always had his back up against it.  He'll come in handy in the CL from his previous experience.  Could take some time to adjust to the Prem. 

They made him the player he is today, no-one else, and Bayern Munich are a fantastic club.

He also shouldn't have to come to England to prove he's good, just cause we (as a nation) are too ignorant to watch anything but the Premiership then claim with authority that it's the best league in the world.

I am with Bluf on this one. Especially if England want to succeed in the Euros or WC they need players to have broader experiences. The nations that have insular leagues where their own nationals rarely play outside of their own Country suffer. Look at Mexico - they have loads of money and support for their leagues and they overpay for their own players (so they rarely leave) and they suck internationally.

On the other hand I support Scotland so carry on.

Has anybody thought that it was a dream of his to play for Man U? This is one of "those cases", Bluf.

I know. In the end, I have no doubt the pull of Man U was the overriding factor, but due to his reputation with England fans (fucking brutally pathetic that it was), his initial 'dream' was to play in the Premiership. Man U was never part of it, until they made their offer.

Has anybody thought that it was a dream of his to play for Man U?  This is one of "those cases", Bluf. 

A Canadian who's dad played for Bolton and is from the Merseyside?

Plastic manc tbh.

Has anybody thought that it was a dream of his to play for Man U?  This is one of "those cases", Bluf. 

I know.  In the end, I have no doubt the pull of Man U was the overriding factor, but due to his reputation with England fans (f****** brutally pathetic that it was), his initial 'dream' was to play in the Premiership.  Man U was never part of it, until they made their offer.

I almost got laughed out of this forum for suggesting we go in for him when Soumess arrived.  I remember seeing an interview with him over here and he suggested one day that he'd like to play for a club like Man U. 

A Canadian who's dad played for Bolton and is from the Merseyside?

Plastic manc tbh.

Hahaha...  smart if you ask me.  Why would he play anywhere else?  He's canadian, first and foremost, left when he was young to chase a dream (couldn't blame him) and now it's coming to fruition.  Here's one brewed out of your own backyard Calimag, "Don't hate the playa, hate da game".  ;)