Henry: You don't win nowt with kids

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Invicta_Toon

"This year it was pretty difficult to see once again that we finished so far behind the top teams," he said, adding: "I'm actually getting annoyed that we're finishing at the end of the top four."

"Sometimes having a lot of youngsters in your squad you cannot have the same spirit or the same result that you had the year we stayed unbeaten [in the league]. We had guys who had been in the game for 15 or 10 years and who had won a lot."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2091785,00.html

Thierry Henry -  http://www.nufc.com/2004-05images/souness-mgr2.jpg

Graeme Souness -  http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:h-JiXXk4OjOltM:http://forums.biorust.com/attachments/photography-photo-manipulation/864d1164741559-thierry-henry-manipulated-th_emirates_canvas_high.jpg

Wasn't it Hansen who said that?

Souness just victimised James Milner in particular.

Hansen said it, but Souness pretty much said the same thing, only using Milner as an example - "you won't win anything with a team of James Milners (read; 'young players')".

Something along those lines.

Guest alex

Wasn't it Hansen who said that?

Souness just victimised James Milner in particular.

Hansen famously said it after Man Utd. lost the first away game of the season to Villa 3-1 iirc. They went on to do the double. Cheers Alan :(

Guest alex

Hansen also said we should all eat humble pie for not having faith in Souness when he first took over.

The fans were to blame for being too impatient though. Souness would have got it right in the end.

he is so transparent, if he wants to engineer a move just ask for one

He's not man. He's just simply stating an obvious fact. The team that went undefeated had players like Vieira, Lauren, Bergkamp etc. experienced heads who stayed cool under pressure. The current team filled with youngsters still has some way to go but they're only going to get better anyway, especially when a few more experienced players arrive this summer.

Guest skhwoody

he is so transparent, if he wants to engineer a move just ask for one

He's not man. He's just simply stating an obvious fact. The team that went undefeated had players like Vieira, Lauren, Bergkamp etc. experienced heads who stayed cool under pressure. The current team filled with youngsters still has some way to go but they're only going to get better anyway, especially when a few more experienced players arrive this summer.

his head has not been with the club this last season, and with the annual real offers coming in, this is surely a shout of availability

Guest graemeh72

Hansen also said we should all eat humble pie for not having faith in Souness when he first took over.

The fans were to blame for being too impatient though. Souness would have got it right in the end.

Alex - surely not?

Guest Peter.Sthlm

I think he knows that Arsenal are a good couple of seasons away from catching up with Man U and Chelsea.

Wouldnt surprise me if he thought now was the time to move to Spain

I think you're right. Imo Arsenal is the team most likely of falling out of the "big four" within the coming 1-2 seasons. I still don't see any "magic" in Hleb, Adebayor and all their so called "big talents". I even think Fabregas is a bit overated but could develope into the player they hope hi will become.

Therefor it would be natural for Henry to leave now if he ever would want to leave the club.

Guest alex

Alex - surely not?

I was being sarky mate.