David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest SwissMagpie

From my Czech friend - "I am very happy to join Newcastle and looking forward to play there"

I can't believe how long this took.  I trust in Sam that this bloke will be a bigger player for us than this transfer saga was. 

Alreet, now for a few more on the back line and something else in the creative midfielder department. 

I can't believe how long this took.  I trust in Sam that this bloke will be a bigger player for us than this transfer saga was. 

Alreet, now for a few more on the back line and something else in the creative midfielder department. 

And a defensive midfielder ;)

Butt is good for now, but we'll need someone after next season.  If Derby are in the shitter come January, a bid for Giles Barnes would be top of my list. 

Butt is good for now, but we'll need someone after next season.  If Derby are in the shitter come January, a bid for Giles Barnes would be top of my list. 

As a defensive midfielder?

Well I hope this one is finally wrapped up so we can focus on other defensive reinforcements. Though I won't be suprised if there are a few more twists in this story.

Manuel Fernandes maybe isn't the natural DM but i would love to see him at the toon. Class. And wil only get better..

You realise Barton is an attacking midfielder? I don't think we'll be getting another one with him, Dyer, and Emre in the squad.

You realise Barton is an attacking midfielder? I don't think we'll be getting another one with him, Dyer, and Emre in the squad.

I'd say it's likely both of them or at least one will be off though.

Would be nice to think there is something in talk of getting Diarra.

Granted I know feck all about him but would show our intent of being in the market for an athletic DM, which opens the door for me hoping for Appiah!

Rozehnal can play DM so Id be suprised to see us buying one. Maybe we will put a few offers on the table for players once the defence is sorted. Then if they come off, good, if not no huge deal.

Need to get to that comfort zone by signing at least another player in every position along the back.

yes!!!

:celb:

come on big sam we can't wait for another signing:

current starting 11???

solano    Taylor        Rozehnal      Babayaro

Barton          Butt              Emre

Milner        Viduka          Martins

? Based on current players (inclusive of the unconfirmed Rozehnal).  Hopefully we can improve on the full back situation and get in another centre back or two, defensive mid, and maybe an attacking mid.

Edit: just to say that Babayaro included based on him being the only natural left back we have. Hopfully he won't be here much longer.

As a defensive midfielder?

No, I think (granted, I've not seen much) Barnes is good both ways.  We don't need an all out DM if our midfield can attack and be decent in the tackle.  That's why a quality back line is tops. 

Dyer is anything but creative and Emre has been a let down, but I think under Sam he can come good.