David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

It was on skysports also about us after a French right back from Toulouse I think, least said about French defenders and newcastle the better I say.

Based on 1 absolute failure?

(I wouldn't class Domi and Distin as failures personally)

Overall they were a failure, both buggered off (Domi - went AWOL and Distin was more interested in the money)....

Domi was homesick and we eventually got more or less back what we paid for him. Looked very good when he played. Distin was a loan signing and had no obligation to sign for us and did well. Plus Bobby preferred Bramble anyway so...

So both of them in general where bad for Newcastle.

frank dumas,laurent charvet,alain goma

edit.....i don't see any reason why players from france shouldn't do well here.i think it was just a time when it was in vogue to have frenchmen as if they were guaranteed to be better than others

Guest DavB93

It was on skysports also about us after a French right back from Toulouse I think, least said about French defenders and newcastle the better I say.

Based on 1 absolute failure?

(I wouldn't class Domi and Distin as failures personally)

Overall they were a failure, both buggered off (Domi - went AWOL and Distin was more interested in the money)....

Domi was homesick and we eventually got more or less back what we paid for him. Looked very good when he played. Distin was a loan signing and had no obligation to sign for us and did well. Plus Bobby preferred Bramble anyway so...

So both of them in general where bad for Newcastle.

frank dumas,laurent charvet,alain goma

Yeah I was thinking of Boumsong on the original post, but those three were just as bad. Saying that things could change under Sam...

Bernard was good, we made a tidy profit on Dumas despite selling him after about 3 months, and for £500k, Charvet wasn't the worst defender we've ever had. And until we sold him to Fulham (again, for a tidy profit), Goma was one of our best players during the 2000-1 season, and when he left, we slipped from around 6th-8th into the bottom half. Looked good alongside Hughes in the centre and won a recall to the French squad in his time here.

Bernard was good, we made a tidy profit on Dumas despite selling him after about 3 months, and for £500k, Charvet wasn't the worst defender we've ever had.

Exactly. If we're paying good money for players who turn out to be awful (ie. Boumsong), thats my idea of an absolute failure. Spending £500k on a player who doesn't turn out to be all that isn't really the same thing.

And for what it's worth I thought Goma wasn't that bad personally.

Les choses vont-elles s'accélérer à Paris. On est tenté de le croire en écoutant Alain Roche, le responsable de la politique sportive du PSG qui répondait à nos confrères de RMC. Alain Roche a donc confirmé le départ de Rozehnal pour Newcastle et l'arrivée imminente de Zoumana Camara. Le défenseur stéphanois pourrait rejoindre le club de la capitale la semaine prochaine. Concernant l'hypothétique venue de Claude Makelele, elle semble bloquée par un manque de moyens, d'autant qu'Alain Roche a confirmé n'avoir reçu aucune proposition pour Kalou et Mendy.

Courtesy of Google:

The things they will accelerate in Paris. One is tempted to believe it by listening to Alain Roche, the person in charge for the sporting policy of the PSG which answered our fellow-members of RMC. Alain Roche thus confirmed the departure of Rozehnal for Newcastle and the imminent arrival of Zoumana Camara. The defender inhabitant of Saint-Etienne could join the club of the capital the next week. Concerning the hypothetical arrival of Claude Makelele, it seems blocked by a lack of means, the more so as Alain Roche confirmed not to have received any proposal for Kalou and Mendy.

Camara in. Rozehnal out.

Things are accelerating in Paris. (not sure on first part, but something about Alain Roche, who's in charge of sporting affairs at PSG talking to the RMC...whoever they are). Alain Roche confirmed Rozehnal's departure to Newcastle, and the imminent arrival of Zoumana Camara. The St-Etienne defender will join next week. Speaking of the potential transfer of Makelele, he dismissed it as they don't have the finances, while they haven't received any offers for Kalou or Mendy.

Looking on the France Football website about the Henry deal, came across this...

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2007/20070610_161627Dev.html

PSG have confirmed the departure of David Rozehnal to Newcastle.

That little article is from yesterday. Surely if PSG announced the transfer somebody in the UK press would have picked it up?

Oh, and I believe RMC is a sports radio program in France?

Looking on the France Football website about the Henry deal, came across this...

http://www.francefootball.fr/FF/breves2007/20070610_161627Dev.html

PSG have confirmed the departure of David Rozehnal to Newcastle.

That little article is from yesterday. Surely if PSG announced the transfer somebody in the UK press would have picked it up?

Oh, and I believe RMC is a sports radio program in France?

The British press are blind. I'm assumming the  transfer fee is therefore agreed, and we are just waiting to agree personal terms.

Bit kneejerk on the title change :D

If Peter Kenyon said that Shaun Wright-Phillips was going to Newcastle, something similar would be written. The translation is, from my knowledge of French, very definite, and France Football is a reliable site.

Updated thread titles are good, they keep people posting in threads. Cetainly now a stronger story thanwhen it was being picked up by Planet Football.

Guest Knightrider

If Peter Kenyon said that Shaun Wright-Phillips was going to Newcastle, something similar would be written. The translation is, from my knowledge of French, very definite, and France Football is a reliable site.

Updated thread titles are good, they keep people posting in threads. Cetainly now a stronger story thanwhen it was being picked up by Planet Football.

Who made you god?!

Leave Dave's job alone bastid.

Guest Knightrider

Isn't france football quite a respectable football magazine. If I'm not mistaken don't they pick the World or European player of the year?

.... and always get it wrong, or often anyway.

Isn't that the same site that said Henry was going to Barcelona after the clubs agreed a £18m fee then in the very same article said the clubs hadn't spoken yet or some bollocks like that?

Also find it strange that this article has been up there since yesterday but no other media source seems to have picked it up.