Joey Barton completes move for £5.8m - Man City

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another thing i noticed in the article is it says Ashley was at the training ground to meet Barton.

I think that's good news he's here and being involved and FS isn't pushing him out of the picture or being stroppy.

I guess a deal will be done soon enough for the club.

I thought he wanted a non public role though?, meeting new signings at the trianing ground suggests otherwise, its a good thing though we want him involved in everything that go's on!!

I thought he wanted a non public role though?, meeting new signings at the trianing ground suggests otherwise, its a good thing though we want him involved in everything that go's on!!

Not really a public thing though is it?

He's not parading in front of the camera's holding a shirt up with Barton on it etc...

He's just greeting his new player to the club, that's all, which shows his interest, he's probably really enjoying himself, any football fan would no matter what club.

The article says the deal will be worth £17.5m to the player.

the mirror and sun both say a deal worth £17.5m

(46 grand a week)

Stupid Alan then. No surprise.

(46 grand a week)

Hes a waste of a clean shirt tbh.

(46 grand a week)

£46,000-a-week on a five year deal would be £12,000,000.

Oliver's almost right, as £17,500,000 would be rougly £67,000-a-week.

(46 grand a week)

Oliver's not taken off the £5.5m fee, the other papers have.

(46 grand a week)

Oliver has got it wrong.

Everywhere else bar 'Oliver the tit' and 'jump the gun yellow bar mother fukers SSN's' have reported the figure around £45k a week, with a £5.5m fee, which nicely fits into a £17.5m deal overall.

Guest johnson293

(46 grand a week)

Oliver's not taken off the £5.5m fee, the other papers have.

Breakdown of the Deal on The Mirror website (if you choose to belive that over Oliver)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/06/06/joey-signs-for-toon-89520-19252141/

New manager Sam Allardyce has taken a £17.5m gamble by landing Barton, who had a medical last night as he completed his £5.5m transfer.

Newcastle will pay Barton £45,000 a week over five years - £11.7m if he completes his deal.

Not sure if it has been posted but just incase quotes from .com

"I have given my word to Newcastle United and that's where I hope I will be going.

"Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and this is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.

"I am not proud of some of the things I have done and that I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself but for the fans.

"I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me it's all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven't any."

Just don't get that comment, surely its up to him now that we have met the £5.5 asking price and that he is happy with our terms, nobody can force him to sign for West Ham if they offered him more.

Does anyone think the "hoping" part is down to us and we are searching assurances about his upcoming legal matter?

Guest johnson293

Not sure if it has been posted but just incase quotes from .com

"I have given my word to Newcastle United and that's where I hope I will be going.

"Everybody knows they are a club of great history and tradition - and this is great - but what has also been great for me is that they have pushed the boat out for me, and both Freddy Shepherd and Sam Allardyce have made me feel so wanted.

"I am not proud of some of the things I have done and that I have brought a lot of my problems on myself. But I want to be a winner, not only for myself but for the fans.

"I have heard it said that footballers are all about flash cars and expensive watches, but for me it's all about winning medals and it hurts me that I haven't any."

Just don't get that comment, surely its up to him now that we have met the £5.5 asking price and that he is happy with our terms, nobody can force him to sign for West Ham if they offered him more.

Does anyone think the "hoping" part is down to us and we are searching assurances about his upcoming legal matter?

Or, dependant on Parker joining West Ham, which he hadn;t at the time of Barton's comments.

That deal is confirmed now, so Barton will either be on his way back to officially sign, or the contract he signed yesterday can now be 'rubber-stamped'.

Doubt theres anything more to it, to be honest, other than the Parker deal hold-up.

Guest Kayleigh

Taking along time doesnt look like being completed today.

i agree, ssn kept saying last night that it would be done last night etc, i don't think it will be confirmed until tomorow.