Ickle Mickey or Obafindme. Who are we keeping?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Straight choice as we bring in a couple of bigger strikers one of the midgets will need to go. For me I'd keep Owen, still the best finisher in the PL and a very intelligent player position wise and understanding the weaknesses of the opposition CB wise.

Oba has done very well for us and has 'that pace' and a  goalscorer of savage power, although not an instinctive finisher. His value is now higher than last year, perferct time to let him go to Juve.

I see Owen as our Shearer, Viduka as our Ferdinand, and Martins as our Asprilla.

...yeah but you have to choose. :rolleyes:

Oh... it's one of those threads. I choose Martins to stay.

I see Owen as our Shearer, Viduka as our Ferdinand, and Martins as our Asprilla.

That basically means keep them all for their various options, but Martins is themost expendable of the three.

;)

Over Owen one of the greatest finishers in Engish football ever?

Guest alex

I don't see the similarities in any of those three comparisons tbh.

;)

You're a winker Parky.

In these new billionaire-tastic days I say let's keep all of them in case of injuries.  And bring a couple more in, just because we can   :cheesy:

;)

Martins:Greater potential to improve as a player, higher resale value, younger, more years left on current contract versus Owen, less injury prone, more explosive player that doesn't need others to put it on a plate for him (see thunderbolt against Spuds).

Get rid of both and get in Viduka and Anelka.

Play the 4-3-3 alternating between Anelka and Viduka as our lone striker, and sometimes play both together in a 4-4-2.

Maybe buy one more youngish striker with pace and height as an alternative to Anelka should he be injured, while using Ameobi as an alternative to Viduka.

Play the 4-3-3 alternating between Anelka and Viduka as our lone striker, and sometimes play both together at times in 4-2-2.

Maybe buy one more youngish striker with pace and height as an alternative to Anelka should he be injured, while using Ameobi as an alternative to Viduka.

The first radical, thought provoking and intelligent post in this thread. blueyes.gif

Play the 4-3-3 alternating between Anelka and Viduka as our lone striker, and sometimes play both together at times in 4-2-2.

The first radical, thought provoking and intelligent post in this thread. blueyes.gif

Quite.

Will be ace when both of them have left the club in a couple of years time, and we're right back to square one.

Suggesting 4-2-2 is radical, but neither thought-provoking nor intelligent.

Both will stay and Allardyce will play all 3.

Owen is the better player out of the 2, however I don't think there is any chance that he'll sign a new contract so it's best to cash in now.

How hurtful. 

To be serious Parky, I question your assumption one or the other has to go.  Owen has been injury prone and shouldn't play in every game even if he stays fit.  If we set ourselves up around Viduka with pacy frontman alongside (with maybe Carroll deputising in that role), I think we will need Martins.  Put another way, if Owen is injured would you be happy with Dyer/Ameobi/Caroll playing upfront with Viduka? 

If we bring in someone like Anelka, then sure, I can see one or the other has to go.

Suggesting 4-2-2 is radical, but neither thought-provoking nor intelligent.

4-4-2 is what I meant.

I see Owen as our Owen. I see Viduka doing Shearers job better than Shearer did it after his legs* went (*when we sold Bellamy) and I see Martins as the thick twat I thought, but now know he is.

Owen and Viduka every time for me.

If...

Milner -------------------------- Martins

----------------- Owen ------------------

... we'll have struck gold. But i'm sceptical. I'm so eager to find out what Allardyce's plans are. Either way, regardless of which strikers we play, Milner should be in the team. Some people seem to be forgetting him.

I see Owen as our Owen. I see Viduka doing Shearers job better than Shearer did it after his legs* went (*when we sold Bellamy) and I see Martins as the thick t*** I thought, but now know he is.

I see Owen as our Owen. I see Viduka doing Shearers job better than Shearer did it after his legs* went (*when we sold Bellamy) and I see Martins as the thick t*** I thought, but now know he is.

Totally agree.