No more shooting from distance?

James

At Allardyce's Bolton, shoot from distance in open play, and miss, and you were out of the team, given the reduction in goalscoring probability when further out.

Can we expect the same at Newcastle, or do you think Allardyce will give a free rein to those players with talent?

At Allardyce's Bolton, shoot from distance in open play, and miss, and you were out of the team, given the reduction in goalscoring probability when further out.

Can we expect the same at Newcastle, or do you think Allardyce will give a free rein to those players with talent?

While he didn't encourage it, to say anyone that shot from distance and missed got dropped is utter bollocks.

No shooting from distance makes Barton useless O0

I don't even know why we're buying that sack of shit.

I've read a few times that if players shot from long range and missed then they got fined. Its a theory based on Big Sam's Pro Zone stats that prove that a tiny percentage of his sides goals were scored from distance, and that some huge percentage of goals are scored from working the ball into the channels, and delivering a quality ball into the box. I remeber when Bolton were on Channel 5 a while back, someone shot from distance, the camera panned to Big Sam, who was going spazzy on the sideline.

I've read a few times that if players shot from long range and missed then they got fined. Its a theory based on Big Sam's Pro Zone stats that prove that a tiny percentage of his sides goals were scored from distance, and that some huge percentage of goals are scored from working the ball into the channels, and delivering a quality ball into the box. I remeber when Bolton were on Channel 5 a while back, someone shot from distance, the camera panned to Big Sam, who was going spazzy on the sideline.

Pretty much seen that on certain occassions, and although I've imagined thedropping bit, the fining definitely happenned.

Also seems though that there were players who Allardyce trusted with this ability, so it may not be too much of an issue.

Guest nyscooby

"no shooting from distance"  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

I'd go for that, cant count how many shite attempts on goal we have had by Bowyer, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner..........

ALL SHITE  :cheesy:

We need proper forwards / strikers, not half cocked crap from second rate players.....

Bring on some new rules at the club

It's a good job Laurent Robert isn't here anymore, otherwise he'd be getting fined left, right and center!

Seems strange that Allardyce was actually very close to signing him then!

I was gonna say the same, just wasn't sure if I remembered correctly.

Guest Gemmill

Wonder which players Allardyce will tick the "Long Shots" button on.  Wonder what he'll set tackling at too - "hard" I hope.  I love a good hard tackle!

Wonder which players Allardyce will tick the "Long Shots" button on.  Wonder what he'll set tackling at too - "hard" I hope.  I love a good hard tackle!

Too much FM

It's a good job Laurent Robert isn't here anymore, otherwise he'd be getting fined left, right and center!

He'd be the first player to pay his club for playing...

Could Robert have been fined anymore than he was anyway at the Toon. Once a month it seemed that he was getting a fine for something or other