Le Sib dig at Freddy

Skirge

Guest Triglett

haha seen his interview on SSN?

"I know I'm not the best footballer in the world".

Oh, come on Antoine, stop being so modest!

Reminds me of the comments of another one of your former players:

"In countries like Spain, a player of my talent would have the team built

around them," said LuaLua, who scored two goals last season.

For Portsmouth.

One of them was a penalty against Watford.

"I could be a real No10, when I watch Ronaldinho, I say to

myself, 'I can do what he's doing'. And it is annoying because

people don't see that I am as talented as him."

:lol:

haha seen his interview on SSN?

"I know I'm not the best footballer in the world".

Oh, come on Antoine, stop being so modest!

Reminds me of the comments of another one of your former players:

"In countries like Spain, a player of my talent would have the team built

around them," said LuaLua, who scored two goals last season.

For Portsmouth.

One of them was a penalty against Watford.

"I could be a real No10, when I watch Ronaldinho, I say to

myself, 'I can do what he's doing'. And it is annoying because

people don't see that I am as talented as him."

:lol:

:lol: I don't remember these comments... would piss myself laughing if they were true...

I still like Sibbers....pretty shit as we all expected but tried hard and seemed like a nice lad.

Well yeah we couldn't possibly offer him a 2 year contact....even if we did he would probably never get a game again unless we hit injury central again i mean with oba, shola, owen and now seems like viduka he would no way have played so he's moved simple as that.

Nice fella tho....he said in the ssn interview that he will always love newcastle and that fans so sounds like the only beef was with freddy. Good luck to him at wigan.

It's sad that a player like Sib who at least gave it his best can't be kept on, rather than some of the complete wastes of space that we have paid good money to over the years, some of which are still here, including the bloke who's place he took, that still talks a good game but strolls around like he couldn't care less half the time.

Its a solid and sound decision. He was unlikely to play as well next season as last, he's getting older, and he's bound to be disappointed. I wish him all the best.

I hope Stroller, Dyer, Luque, and Babayaro - at least - follow him out of the door.

It's sad that a player like Sib who at least gave it his best can't be kept on, rather than some of the complete wastes of space that we have paid good money to over the years, some of which are still here, including the bloke who's place he took, that still talks a good game but strolls around like he couldn't care less half the time.

Its a solid and sound decision. He was unlikely to play as well next season as last, he's getting older, and he's bound to be disappointed. I wish him all the best.

I hope Stroller, Dyer, Luque, and Babayaro - at least - follow him out of the door.

Agreed. No hard feelings towards the bloke but he just wasn't good enough to deserve a 2 year contract.

I expect him to get a cheer when he comes back next season with Wigan.

Guest Stephen927

Best for all parties that he moved on. The signing of Sibierski disappointed me greatly, but he did well and always gave 100%. Top professional.

Agree with most of the above. He genuinly cared about the club, but he doesnt ave the talent we're looking for.

Good luck to him whatever he does in the future, and I hope he gets the welcome he deserves at SJP next season.

Guest El_Thicko

Gave a full 100%....

.... for only 60 minutes, and then he was knackered and looking for an excuse to be taken off. True, Sib was better than we expected, but not by much.

Gave a full 100%....

.... for only 60 minutes, and then he was knackered and looking for an excuse to be taken off. True, Sib was better than we expected, but not by much.

actually he did, 7 goals was a lot more than i expected of him i would have been satisfied if he had got 4

Did you grow up watching guys like Wharton,Davie Mc, Peter Jackson etc?

Guest khyberpass

Some of you moan when guys want to leave; then you moan when someone is gutted to leave us.

He did better than anyone expected, and was a model pro...when many others weren't.

His 7 goals meant the difference to a lot of games; and potentially our Prem survival, so I'll be clapping the fella....

give some respect to a true professional when you see one ...

......and the same will apply to Parker who got a bucketload of abuse he didn't deserve. If you heard Shearer on 5 Live today, he had glowing praise. The fans should follow suit..

I was gutted and embarrassed when we signed him. Annoyed wasn't the word.

But the fella proved a lot of folk wrong chipping in with some decent goals and his honest approach to the game. He is though limited in his ability but not in his effort.

I'll not give him any shit if/when he plays against us.

Did you grow up watching guys like Wharton,Davie Mc, Peter Jackson etc?

i was already grown up  ;D

Luque, Babayaro, Dyer etc could learn from those people mate

Peter Jackson was better than some of our recent centre halfs, and Dave McCreery would show people like Jeanarse what tackling is all about, and Parker how to stay on his feet trying to win the ball. Wharton would show Babayaro what a heart looks like too.

Just been on SSN, he was very disapointed at what the Chairman offerd him as a contract..

He did much better than I expected, but if Owen & Ameobi was fit all season he wouldn't have got a game.  With Viduka joining us he surely isn't needed?