Henry to Liverpool

Thespence

A guy at work who is from Liverpool & was working in Newcastle today told me get money on Henry joining Liverpool as bookies in Liverpool had stopped taking bets. Didn't bother got home done a search on google news & Henry is linked with Liverpool. Got to be a rumour started by the net or a taxi driver or is it...

Would be the transfer of the summer.

I know SSN's reckon every transfer is 'transfer of the summer' but i think this would be if it went through.

Barca are looking at £15m for him, if Liverpool want him surely Arsenal will ask for £20m.

If either bid came in Arsenal would be mad to turn down either.

Guest nufc 4 life

it won't happen, Cesc Fabregas has already said that he is almost 100% certain Henry will sign for Barca, was in todays Mirror quotes and everything

Guest nufc 4 life
NOU TUBE?

Fabregas: Barca are back on track with first-class offer to sign Henry Gunners need to mind the gap

Martin Lipton Chief Football Writer 06/06/2007

CESC FABREGAS last night gave the biggest hint yet that the Arsenal players expect Thierry Henry to quit the Emirates Stadium for Barcelona.

Barca are ready to make another all-out assault to land Henry, 12 months after he turned his back on a move to the Nou Camp at the last minute and broke his verbal agreement to leave Arsenal for Spain.

Annoyed by the forced departure of David Dein from the Arsenal board, Henry has also been targeted by AC Milan - where coach Carlo Ancelotti wants him to play alongside Ronaldo next season.

But Barcelona remain in the box seat to land Henry if he tells Arsene Wenger he wants to leave London after eight years and Fabregas revealed the French striker feels a romantic attachment to the Nou Camp.

Fabregas said: "Titi has a special affinity for Barcelona. The only reason he did not go there in the past was because of just how much it meant to him to be a Gunner. This summer could be the time when he decides to wear the Barcelona shirt.

"Barcelona is one of the greatest clubs in the world, if not the greatest. The club has always had some of the best players in the world and Thierry is in that bracket."

Henry has been frustrated by the apparent limitations on Arsenal's spending once again this summer. He fears the club will not get back into a position to challenge Chelsea and Manchester United for the title and is deliberately fuelling speculation about his future.

Fabregas added: "It must have been a very difficult decision for him to say 'no' to Barcelona.

"Of course, he has wanted to be loyal to Arsenal because of what the club has given him and the way he has enjoyed his life in London.

"But he was won the World Cup and now wants to gain more titles with his club. Thierry will have to decide what is best for him."

If Barca do take Henry, Fabregas - who left the Nou Camp to join Arsenal at just 16 in 2003 - would be keen to follow him to Catalonia.

He admitted: "If it was down to me, we would play together for all our careers.

"I do dream about returning to Barcelona one day and the people who know me are aware of that. At the moment, they have midfielders like Xavi and Iniesta. But one can always have hopes."

Can't see it. Biggest two reasons:

1. Henry would be betraying the gooners big time

2. Arsenal might as well raise a white flag (to match their new kits :p ) to being competative next season

Only reasons it would work:

1. Wenger's leaving and;

2. Silly money is offered

Guest redmayne

20 mill

they can have him

2 seasons left at VERY most - discounting injuries

wenger knows what he is doing

Guest gggg

Looks like he's lost it to me, dismantled an unbeateable team for a team of kids who will finish 4th at best.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

Expect him to go if Liverpool offer £20m.

Guest redmayne

Looks like he's lost it to me, dismantled an unbeateable team for a team of kids who will finish 4th at best.

hhmm im on both sides of that - he created henry for what he is but it might need a season or two to change it - man utd are a good example

fabregas could be something else given time but thney need a couple of experienced signings

Guest redmayne

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

you'd pay 20M for vieria?

nuts...

Guest redmayne

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

nuts...

drank too much

just got what you meant

agreed

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

nuts...

That's not the point i'm making mate.

What am saying Wenger chased in on him about a year after his peak even though he was an exceptional player as he knows its the last chance to get good money for him.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

20 mill

they can have him

Just like Vieria.

nuts...

That's not the point i'm making mate.

What am saying Wenger chased in on him about a year after his peak even though he was an exceptional player as he knows its the last chance to get good money for him.

....all good for us then. :tongue:

Guest Bolton_fan

Imagine if he went to AC. Ronaldo/Henry/Inzaghi/Gilardino... that's some strikeforce.

Eto'o, Messi, Ronaldinho and Henry for Barcelona sounds better.