Sunderland seal Forlan deal

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=68807

Relegation haunted Sunderland have completed the transfer of Pablo Forlan for a fee of £2 million. Forlan, 61, is the father of Diego Forlan who still hopes to move to a genuine Premiership club.

Roy Keane has opted for experience in signing the veteran Uruguayan defender, who featured in the 1966 and 1974 World Cup competitions, and sees him as a replacement for Jonny Evans who, very sensibly, decided not to return to the club. Forlan is looking forward to the new challenge.

"I was initially reluctant to resume my career overseas, as I can`t speak English" he said through an interpreter, "but from what I`ve been told, no one in Sunderland can either."

Forlan, will now receive instruction in the ancient local dialect, which consists mainly of grunts, hand signals and expletives. His ambitions are modest.

"I realise that there`s no chance of winning anything, but I`ll be very pleased to help the club in their fight against relegation," he said.

Guest LeoStett

i love it lol

"The star of Steptoe and Son, aged 95, was out of contract, due mainly to being dead since 1985." lol

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=68807

Relegation haunted Sunderland have completed the transfer of Pablo Forlan for a fee of £2 million. Forlan, 61, is the father of Diego Forlan who still hopes to move to a genuine Premiership club.

Roy Keane has opted for experience in signing the veteran Uruguayan defender, who featured in the 1966 and 1974 World Cup competitions, and sees him as a replacement for Jonny Evans who, very sensibly, decided not to return to the club. Forlan is looking forward to the new challenge.

"I was initially reluctant to resume my career overseas, as I can`t speak English" he said through an interpreter, "but from what I`ve been told, no one in Sunderland can either."

Forlan, will now receive instruction in the ancient local dialect, which consists mainly of grunts, hand signals and expletives. His ambitions are modest.

"I realise that there`s no chance of winning anything, but I`ll be very pleased to help the club in their fight against relegation," he said.

Quality  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

The link now goes to a page which says "Article Removed."