Tuncay apparently signs for Boro

KaKa

Guest elbee909

Can't say I know a whole lot about him, but if we add him on a free for squad depth then I certainly won't complain.

Really liking the summer so far, seem to be trying to build a deep squad with some good free transfers. Now if Ashley hands Big Sam a big ass transfer kitty he can go out and spend it on two or three really top class additions.

Wash your mouth out! We don't want those types in these here parts!

I'll wash your mouth out with my fist!  :knuppel2:

How would you like a mouthful of teeth?

:)  Sorry, just had to get one of my favourite movie quotes in there.

Guest super_shay1

According to Sky Sports....it's Birmingham and Boro who want him too.

Skysports.com understands that Turkish star Tuncay Sanli is ready to move to England, and Middlesbrough are battling Birmingham for his signature.

A host of clubs from around Europe have made offers to the Fenerbahce forward - who is out of contract at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.

Olympiakos, Hertha Berlin and Villarreal are believed to be amongst those who have made a move, but a transfer to England is believed to be Tuncay's priority.

Manchester City had shown an interest, but Birmingham looked on course to win the race to land him, with Fener looking set to accept defeat.

Fener are believed to have put one final deal to Tuncay, who is their prized asset, but Turkish sources say he will depart.

Birmingham have been in talks for a number of weeks, but skysports.com understands that Boro have made a dramatic last-gasp bid to snatch him from their grasp.

A delegation from the Teesside club is believed to have flown to Istanbul in a bid to persuade him to move to the North East.

Reports suggest that Tuncay's close friend Emre recommended to him that he quit Fener for the Premiership whilst they were on international duty last week - and the chance to be close to the Newcastle man could win the day for Boro.

Despite Tuncay's excellent reputation, he has failed to attract any of Europe's big hitters.

He really came to prominence in 2004 when he became the first Turk to grab a UEFA Champions League hat-trick when he scored all the goals in Fener's 3-0 win over Manchester United.

He is also a major part of Turkey's national set-up and has an impressive record with 12 goals from his 38 caps.

Boro will hope that Tuncay could be a ready-made replacement for Mark Viduka, who opted for Newcastle last week, whilst Steve Bruce will see him as the big name to lead Birmingham's assault following their promotion back to the top-flight.

Last week Tuncay admitted he was looking to seal a move to a club where he would be first choice.

"All players aspire to play in big clubs such as Chelsea or Manchester as well as other big clubs in Spain or Italy," he told NTV. 

"I am of the opinion that it is very tough for a player to be part of the starting line-up in those clubs and I would rather play for a team that I know will give me the chance to start."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471314&CPID=115&clid=253&lid=2&title=Boro+&+Blues+in+Tuncay+battle&channel=football_home&

According to Sky Sports....it's Birmingham and Boro who want him too.

Skysports.com understands that Turkish star Tuncay Sanli is ready to move to England, and Middlesbrough are battling Birmingham for his signature.

A host of clubs from around Europe have made offers to the Fenerbahce forward - who is out of contract at the Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.

Olympiakos, Hertha Berlin and Villarreal are believed to be amongst those who have made a move, but a transfer to England is believed to be Tuncay's priority.

Manchester City had shown an interest, but Birmingham looked on course to win the race to land him, with Fener looking set to accept defeat.

Fener are believed to have put one final deal to Tuncay, who is their prized asset, but Turkish sources say he will depart.

Birmingham have been in talks for a number of weeks, but skysports.com understands that Boro have made a dramatic last-gasp bid to snatch him from their grasp.

A delegation from the Teesside club is believed to have flown to Istanbul in a bid to persuade him to move to the North East.

Reports suggest that Tuncay's close friend Emre recommended to him that he quit Fener for the Premiership whilst they were on international duty last week - and the chance to be close to the Newcastle man could win the day for Boro.

Despite Tuncay's excellent reputation, he has failed to attract any of Europe's big hitters.

He really came to prominence in 2004 when he became the first Turk to grab a UEFA Champions League hat-trick when he scored all the goals in Fener's 3-0 win over Manchester United.

He is also a major part of Turkey's national set-up and has an impressive record with 12 goals from his 38 caps.

Boro will hope that Tuncay could be a ready-made replacement for Mark Viduka, who opted for Newcastle last week, whilst Steve Bruce will see him as the big name to lead Birmingham's assault following their promotion back to the top-flight.

Last week Tuncay admitted he was looking to seal a move to a club where he would be first choice.

"All players aspire to play in big clubs such as Chelsea or Manchester as well as other big clubs in Spain or Italy," he told NTV. 

"I am of the opinion that it is very tough for a player to be part of the starting line-up in those clubs and I would rather play for a team that I know will give me the chance to start."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=471314&CPID=115&clid=253&lid=2&title=Boro+&+Blues+in+Tuncay+battle&channel=football_home&

A shame really... he's a very good player.

If he'd move to boro or Brum he'd almost certainly preffer to come here with Emre. The guy is mega talented (can use both feet play up top or either wing, good in the air too) i,ve seen him play in the CL a few times and he's usually the best player on the pitch (i include the games V AC milan and Man u in that too, look at his highlights on  YOUTUBE by sticking his name in). On a free its an complete no brainer for me, as he'd cost a fortune if still under contract. Stick him on the LW to start with as Duff is out for 6 months and Zoggy isn't filling me with too much confidence.  The guy is absolutely worshipped in Turkey as AS is on tyneside, but more so. Worst case scenario is it doesn't workand we sell him back to Ferner/whoever for a few Mill (nothing lost maybe even a few mill better off).  + With Emre and Tuncay we'd be most of Turkeys favourite Premiership Club which means £££££££££ increased revenue TV rights, merchandise, shirts etc etc.

Please go get him Sam!!

In the Turkish national paper Hurriyet it only mentions Brum and Man City I'm afraid. The quotes are from the Fenerbahçe chairman Aziz Yıldırım, so a reasonably reliable source I guess. Maybe Sam just hasn't formally made a move as yet?

In the Turkish national paper Hurriyet it only mentions Brum and Man City I'm afraid. The quotes are from the Fenerbahçe chairman Aziz Yıldırım, so a reasonably reliable source I guess. Maybe Sam just hasn't formally made a move as yet?

if he is a free transfer (out of contract)would the fener chairman need to be told who the player is talking to?

in this case he may be the last to know.

if he is a free transfer (out of contract)would the fener chairman need to be told who the player is talking to?

I would have thought that as Fener will still be involved due to the fact they are holding his registration, then I guess he would know, yes. The fact that he specifically states two teams suggest that there has at least been dialogue between Fener and those two.

I would have thought that as Fener will still be involved due to the fact they are holding his registration, then I guess he would know, yes. The fact that he specifically states two teams suggest that there has at least been dialogue between Fener and those two.

i may be wrong but can't a player talk to who he wants without notifying his clubs in the last 6months of his contract ?

The ManU team he scored a hat-trick against back in 04 (ie 3 years ago when some of these players were even worse than they are now):

Man Utd: Howard, Phil Neville, Brown (Pique 66), O'Shea, Fortune, Ronaldo, Djemba-Djemba, Fletcher, Richardson (Spector 68), Miller (Eagles 77), Bellion.

Subs Not Used: Ricardo, Jones, McShane, Ebanks-Blake.

Amazing that this hat-trick crops up everytime his name gets mentioned.

The ManU team he scored a hat-trick against back in 04 (ie 3 years ago when some of these players were even worse than they are now):

Man Utd: Howard, Phil Neville, Brown (Pique 66), O'Shea, Fortune, Ronaldo, Djemba-Djemba, Fletcher, Richardson (Spector 68), Miller (Eagles 77), Bellion.

Subs Not Used: Ricardo, Jones, McShane, Ebanks-Blake.

Amazing that this hat-trick crops up everytime his name gets mentioned.

Also already through of course, five points clear of Fenerbahce before that game.

Aye, maybe he scored a hat-trick aganist a shite Man U team, but that doesn't discredit the lad. There are plenty of 'good players' who would fail to do that. I still think he's worth a punt. As many have already said, he's not much of a gamble. Bring him in, if he doesn't fit, or can't cut it, he'll probably have takers back in Turkey or elsewhere. I would've thought this would be a typical Sam move...

Guest kmdnufc

He'd be another excellent free.

25 years old.

Incredibly versatile i.e. he can play as a striker, attacking midfielder, or on either wing.

For Fenerbahce he's made 132 league appearances in 5 years, scoring 53 goals.

For Turkey he has made 38 appearances and scored 12 goals.

If he signs for the smoggies then that is surely a sign that nobody wants him. Boro haven't got much to offer a player really. Half empty stadium, crap team. I can see them being in a relegation battle next season if they don't strengthen their team massively. Southgate was saying only a few weeks back they desperately need Viduka to sign a new contract because they are gonna need to use a lot of their budget to replace him. They might say Tuncay is his replacement if they get him, but as everyone knows it is a big risk going into a season relying on a player to score goals who has never played in the Premiership. A lot hinges on Woodgate staying for for them next season.