Ricardo Quaresma

Newcastle Fan

He's 24 in September, I was surprised he's that old.

He reminds me of Ronaldo when he first came to England, flashy but still needed a lot of work on his productivity. Ronaldo is only 22 now, and is a much better player already. Quaresma whenever I've seen him still seems a bit flaky.

If Quaresma was only 20 or so I'd want him, but you'd have to wonder if he's ever gonna be a top player, or just another Denilson type, blinding skill but not enough end product.

He'd be fun to watch though so whatever.

Quaresma's talent and ability is well publised and well known. He will cost a lot, and he will not come to club of this statue anyway.

There's no way he'd come here, but the impression I've been getting on this board the last day or so is that people wouldn't fancy him even if he did want to come.

There's no way he'd come here, but the impression I've been getting on this board the last day or so is that people wouldn't fancy him even if he did want to come.

I haven't got such impression myself. I would be extremely surprised if any Newcastle fan will say no to him if offered a chance though. Top top player with excellent ball control even better than C. Ronaldo, and a better range of passing and shooting. He is difficult to handle though.

Quaresma's talent and ability is well publised and well known. He will cost a lot, and he will not come to club of this statue anyway.

I agree, there is a strange lack of ambition amongst fans right now. The best  name people can come up with is Craig Bellamy.

He reminds me of Ronaldo when he first came to England, flashy but still needed a lot of work on his productivity. Ronaldo is only 22 now, and is a much better player already. Quaresma whenever I've seen him still seems a bit flaky.

If Quaresma was only 20 or so I'd want him, but you'd have to wonder if he's ever gonna be a top player, or just another Denilson type, blinding skill but not enough end product.

top scoring midfielder in Portugal and most assists consecutively too. he has a brilliant end product his crosses are some the best in Europe and the flashiest. class player why wouldnt anyone want him here, just what we need a bit of spark.

I think if we are going to get some cash and buy one player it should be joaqin to be honest quality player. Dont know if he is still at betis or what but is class.

There are others out there as well that would add the pace and creativity but I just think quaresma is a ,ost cause

I think if we are going to get some cash and buy one player it should be joaqin to be honest quality player. Dont know if he is still at betis or what but is class.

There are others out there as well that would add the pace and creativity but I just think quaresma is a ,ost cause

at Valencia, rated highly there, would never leave.

Adding Quaresma to the squad along with a couple of good full-backs would put us in danger of maybe challenging the top 5 next season. We don't want to over-achieve, 6th to 8th is where it's at next year!

Finish as high up the leagueas physically possible.

Ensure that we can do this by combining a top  manager with top financial backing, and top players.

Adding Quaresma to the squad along with a couple of good full-backs would put us in danger of maybe challenging the top 5 next season. We don't want to over-achieve, 6th to 8th is where it's at next year!

Finish as high up the leagueas physically possible.

Ensure that we can do this by combining a top  manager with top financial backing, and top players.

Exactly, if we've got the finances (I'm sure we'll find out soon enough how much we've got), then simply settling for top 8 or top half when that's where we should have been last season anyway is a serious lack of ambition.

He's fucking brilliant at the moment, I never thought that i will go as far as saying he can be better than C.Ronaldo if he keeps it up this way, i think getting him will be a fantastic move for any team and its possible to get him if we really want to.

top scoring midfielder in Portugal and most assists consecutively too. he has a brilliant end product his crosses are some the best in Europe and the flashiest. class player why wouldnt anyone want him here, just what we need a bit of spark.

Despite my concerns, I'd still be more than willing to give him a chance, he could be a class player and perhaps the Premiership would suit him, he has the pace.

Agree with James about the lack of ambition. No reason whatsoever we couldn't attract Quaresma, The Premiership is a massive step up from Portugal, and we're a club that have a buzz around us at the moment. With our new chairman, manager, ambition and apparently a lot of money I don't see how at all someone like Quaresma is out of our league.

I think the fans will be pleasantly surprised at some of the players we try and get this summer.

Highly rated in the past but now seemingly off the boil. Just the type of player Sam gets and utitilises their potential

Anyone remember the last "off the boil" player Sam signed from Portugal?

Mario Jardel.

That one went well... :shifty:

PS: Not that this counts for much compared to all the people who actually pay attention to football on the continent...but I saw Quaresma once upon a time. Would have been 4 years ago or so when Barca came to City. Didn't look owt special to me - By which I mean, he did fuck all - and he would have been up against Michael Tarnat who wasn't much of a defender. Then again Ronaldinho did fuck all either and he's no bad...

If we get to the stage where we're in a position to shell out £10m on players considered a 'gamble' then he's one I'd like to sign. He's obviously got a shitload of natural ability but hasn't shown it on a consistent basis. If Ashley opens his wallet and our transfer budget is ridiculous, then make an offer for him - he'd be worth the risk.