Memorable Commentary

Shak

Guest Kaebi13

"It's Robert here..in the same position..he could win it for Newcastle...that goal SURELY has ended the jinx well and truly, and that could be the goal that sends Newcastle United to the top of the premiership table!"

Arsenal (a) 3-1

can't turn the radio off till i've heard stuart halls summary............ i would pay money to get him to do a summary of us winning at anfield or old trafford to win the title,and play it over and over.....................

I prefer my own commentary to the Feyenoord goal:

'Come on. Come on! COME ON! Shooot! Oh, you fu--cross! Cro... fuck! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

Beer bloody everywhere.

Guest Geordiesned

I prefer my own commentary to the Feyenoord goal:

'Come on. Come on! COME ON! Shooot! Oh, you fu--cross! Cro... fuck! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

Beer bloody everywhere.

Mine was similar...

"Go on... go on..... GO ON!!!! Yeeeahhhhaaooooowwww! Dyer you fuckin' YYYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ohh Jason no!" as Macateer skyed a cross into the stand in the second to last relegation battle on Metro radio - got a rise out of one of the children of the damned on the bus home as well that night.  It was a home Mackem game on a Sunday as well so I haven't a clue how he knew what I meant  ;)

At the risk of sounding a bit like Alan Davies on QI, when he says something bleed'n obvious which he's then pilloried for..........

It has to be Barry Davies (much better than Motson imho) and his comments on a Francis Lee special........

"Lee. Interesting... VERY interesting! Look at his face, Just Look at his face!"

Live with me forever that. :blush:

1986 World Cup - France v Russia, Vasily Rats scores past Joel Bats, Motson screams "Rats beats Bats!"

1970s - Tottenham v Arsenal, Liam Brady scores a scorcher from the edge of the area, Motson again: "Oh! Look at that! Look at that!"

But the daddy of them all for me:

1982 European  Cup Final, Brian Moore: "Villa still hanging on at 0-0. Mortimer...Shaw...Williams prepared to adventure down the left. There’s a good ball played in for Tony Morley. Oh! It must be...And it is...Peter Withe!" The commentary accompanying the best moment of my life.

At the risk of sounding a bit like Alan Davies on QI, when he says something bleed'n obvious which he's then pilloried for..........

It has to be Barry Davies (much better than Motson imho) and his comments on a Francis Lee special........

"Lee. Interesting... VERY interesting! Look at his face, Just Look at his face!"

Live with me forever that. :blush:

he also done the nufc v bolton cup game "what a typical,typical,newcastle goal"

Oh, and although not football, and I don't really like watching rugby that much, every time i see that famous try in the Barbarians v All Blacks match in 1973, the commentary makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

"Kirkpatrick to Williams. This is great stuff. Phil Bennett covering, chased by Alistair Scown. Brilliant! Oh, that's brilliant! John Williams, Pullin, John Dawes. Great dummy! David, Tom David, the half-way line. Brilliant by Quinnell. This is Gareth Edwards. A dramatic start. What a score!"

not a piece of commentry as such but when on the lads holiday (late may bank holiday week) we'd have on tape the sports report (radio 2 old,now radio 5) tune,even though the season was over every bloke in ear shot would be craning necks and ears...just in case.

it's actually called "out of the blue" and is by the central band of the RAF

When Shearer scored that sreamer V Spurs at Old Trafford.

'It's Alan Shearer.. That's the way to finish it, ooooaaaaaaaaaa that's how he dreamt it last night! Alan Shearer takes Newcastle United back to Wembley! We'll be lucky if they are able to kick off again, the celebrations have started, fantastic hit from Alan Shearer.'

it's actually called "out of the blue" and is by the central band of the RAF

Thanks for that, I'm off searching for it now!

What about that classic bit of Cricket Commentary, when Botham knocks the bails off with his "knob end" and Jonathon Agnew and Brian Johnson just crack up. I defy anyone to listen to that piece and not at least smile! "just couldn't quite get his leg over". :laugh:

I can still remember the commentary from Mick Lowes word for word from when we beat Grimsby to secure the title and promotion to the Premiership:

"Robert Lee's through ball looking to find Andrew Cole... COLE'S GOAL!! - IT'S THERE!!! They're off the bench, they're off the bech. With just 21 seconds of the second half played, Andrew Cole was released, and Cole like a bullet, and like a knife through the heart of the defence, raced on to beat Rhys Wilmott from what 15 yards. Magnificent goal, Lee Clark celebrates, so too ten thousand geordies on Humberside, it's Grimsby 0, Newcastle 1."

And the second still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck:

"Kelly in on goal, David Kelly... Can he stay on his feet...? KEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, what a goal! He STAYED on his feet, and David Kelly has sparked unbelievable scenes here, they are on the pitch from every quarter, they'll have to get off."

I can still remember the commentary from Mick Lowes word for word from when we beat Grimsby to secure the title and promotion to the Premiership:

"Robert Lee's through ball looking to find Andrew Cole... COLE'S GOAL!! - IT'S THERE!!! They're off the bench, they're off the bech. With just 21 seconds of the second half played, Andrew Cole was released, and Cole like a bullet, and like a knife through the heart of the defence, raced on to beat Rhys Wilmott from what 15 yards. Magnificent goal, Lee Clark celebrates, so too ten thousand geordies on Humberside, it's Grimsby 0, Newcastle 1."

And the second still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck:

"Kelly in on goal, David Kelly... Can he stay on his feet...? KEEEELLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhhh, what a goal! He STAYED on his feet, and David Kelly has sparked unbelievable scenes here, they are on the pitch from every quarter, they'll have to get off."

and I was there,heard it all day next day on the radio,sure it was "kelly in on goal,david kelly...can he stay on his feet...? DAVID KEELLLLY!"

[

and I was there,heard it all day next day on the radio,sure it was "kelly in on goal,david kelly...can he stay on his feet...? DAVID KEELLLLY!"

Nope. Definitely just "KELLY!"

Got it on tape still. :)

Guest Milburnthedog

Some fine commentary moments there. One which sticks in my mind was at the Olympics seven yrs ago when Englands hockey team beat the Krauts in the final to win gold;

"Where were the German defenders......frankly, who cares".