Memorable Commentary

Shak

Guest JonnyRogers

"we're touching wood for the toon" - one of our UEFA games last season on five. The commentary on five made our UEFA season last season!

The commentary on five made our UEFA season last season!

fuck me John Helm & Joe Royale.  Sometimes it got down to the point rather than commentating on the game they'd talk about what they had for their tea.

And what game was it John Barnes was stood on the touchline pre-match in casual clothing 'cos someone nicked his suitcase?

Still preferred it for the comedy element to the shite on ITV

Alastair Brownlee on Century is pure class. His commentary during the Uefa Cup run is legend. Click below if you haven't heard it before. Pity he supports the Smoggies as we need a commentator like that.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/galleries/tm_headline=boro-duo-up-for-gong&method=full&objectid=17918965&siteid=109975-name_page.html

"THE GREATEST COMEBACK SINCE LAZARUS! MASSIMO MACCARONE, EL GLADIATORRRRRR!" :lol:

"THE BORO HAVE STRUCK A STAKE RIGHT AT THE HEART OF DRACULA'S BOYS" :lol:

As much as I hate Boro, I'd love commentators like that :lol:

Alastair Brownlee on Century is pure class. His commentary during the Uefa Cup run is legend. Click below if you haven't heard it before. Pity he supports the Smoggies as we need a commentator like that.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/galleries/tm_headline=boro-duo-up-for-gong&method=full&objectid=17918965&siteid=109975-name_page.html

"THE GREATEST COMEBACK SINCE LAZARUS! MASSIMO MACCARONE, EL GLADIATORRRRRR!" :lol:

I hate that silly cunt. 'Stewie' my arse. Silly wanker.

loved it when we played Sunderland at the SOL, we were winning 1 nil and sunderland scored in the last min but it was disallowed, the metro commentator just started laughing his head off and told all the makems to 'Sit down!'

I remember that one - think the commenator in question was Justin Lockwood (the fella who sacked Mick Lowes from Metro by all accounts)

"What a ball there by Hibbert! And away goes MacDonald again! And THAT'S A MAGNIFICANT GOAL! That is number two and that is a killer goal!"

"Carr saves it, and Carr saves it again! What a remarkable double save by Kevin Carr! May well the crowd applause. Waddle. Beardsley. This is a good move developing. McDermott and back for Keegan and Keegan has scored! What a turnaround!"

class one that second one, straight from then pen to make it 3-0

Pinched off Sid Wadell I think.

The commentary on five made our UEFA season last season!

f*** me John Helm & Joe Royale.  Sometimes it got down to the point rather than commentating on the game they'd talk about what they had for their tea.

And what game was it John Barnes was stood on the touchline pre-match in casual clothing 'cos someone nicked his suitcase?

Still preferred it for the comedy element to the s**** on ITV

:lol: John Helm has come out with some random shit over the years.

'Wouldn't you just love to tickle Titus Bramble?'

'Newcastle United just haven't been the same club since Rob Lee left'

Both in the away game against Marseille :lol:

"People go on about the fans, but fans don't win you anything....if it was about the fans, they'd win the Premiership, the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Champions League" Alan Hansen talking about Newcastle United

Guest Matt10

I can remember Radio Newcastle or Metro saying "it's like there's 11 Dicks on the pitch" when Julian Dicks had a stormer against us years ago.

Aye that was from Mick Lowes mate. Think he was on Metro at the time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles/2006/08/10/mick_lowes_interview_two_feature.shtml  :)

Remember another quality one from Mick last season was away at Blackburn for Martins' second goal.

"Martins still going, the goal is empty...PUT IT IN...PUT IT IN...he HAS put it in!"

Guest Phil K

I hate that silly c***. 'Stewie' my arse. Silly w******.

Brownlie a "silly c**t" ?

Bit of an understatement I'd say....;)

"It's Roberrrrrrrrt, oh, it's a fantastic hit, from an instant hit" - Clive Tyldsley, Robert v Man U 2001-2 season.

loved it when we played Sunderland at the SOL, we were winning 1 nil and sunderland scored in the last min but it was disallowed, the metro commentator just started laughing his head off and told all the makems to 'Sit down!'

That was brilliant. "Kevin Kyle's scored but the flag's up, the sunderland fans all around me are going wild, they think they've scored! You haven't! Sit down!"

Guest Triglett

"Is Gascoigne going to have a crack...he is you know...OOHHHH I SAY!...BRILLIANT!...that is schooboy's own stuff!"

That freekick against Arsenal is probably one of my favourite goals ever. Gets me buzzing just thinking about it.

*Deep breaths*

Oh Yes Gary Speed

Equaliser against Kiev to make it 1-1

But non NUFC commentry surely there is only 1 winner

No football clips - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=33243.0

:lol:

Reminds me of the fantasy football piss take! Funny as f*ck!

No football clips - http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=33243.0

Bob Cass when he used to do highlight commentaries for Metro Radio back in the 80's - in one intro to a game at SJP round about the middle of March, he said 'the pitch looks in great condition for this time of year, but then, some people say that's due to all the manure that's been on it this season....!!'

Classic, as we WERE manure at the time...

Guest Gemmill

The 5 Live commentary when Redgrave won the last of his Olympic golds was quality.  I haven't heard it since so don't remember exactly what was said, but it was basically along the lines of whoever you are, whatever you're doing, stop it and get on your feet for one of the greatest Olympians of all time.  Good stuff.

Football wise, Barry Davies was the daddy before he became a bit too school-masterly.  Motson is a dull statistician by comparison.