Citeh look knacked!

Crumpy Gunt

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/823.$plit/C_71_article_1009889_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?25/06/2007%2010:04:50:555

"Sven agrees 3 year deal at Manchester City" - Sky Sports News.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Got themselves a good one imo

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/823.$plit/C_71_article_1009889_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?25/06/2007%2010:04:50:555

"Sven agrees 3 year deal at Manchester City" - Sky Sports News.

Behind the camera Sinatra is holding a suitcase full of 20's tbh

Agree'd the deal in principle, nothing will happen until the take over is 100% done..

The reporter claims there will be no announcement until he owns 75% of the shares, he owns 66% or so, and the offer documents are being sent out to the minor shareholders today :thup:

Still, good to have a bit of closure. A manager "in principle" is better than no manager at all!  :laugh:

Hypothetically speaking, would you lot have been happy with Sven being appointed the Newcastle manager, if for whatever reason the job hadn't had gone to Allardyce? Personally, my first choice for the City boss was Ranieri (I dont think I ever hid that) - I think Sven would have been my 4th choice or so - but I'm extremely comfortable with this appointment. Can't look down me nose at a manager of this calibre.

Agree'd the deal in principle, nothing will happen until the take over is 100% done..

The reporter claims there will be no announcement until he owns 75% of the shares, he owns 66% or so, and the offer documents are being sent out to the minor shareholders today :thup:

Still, good to have a bit of closure. A manager "in principle" is better than no manager at all!  :laugh:

Hypothetically speaking, would you lot have been happy with Sven being appointed the Newcastle manager, if for whatever reason the job hadn't had gone to Allardyce? Personally, my first choice for the City boss was Ranieri (I dont think I ever hid that) - I think Sven would have been my 4th choice or so - but I'm extremely comfortable with this appointment. Can't look down me nose at a manager of this calibre.

My top 4:

1. Ranieri

2. Van Gaal

3. Allardyce

4. Sven

I think Sven is very good at club level, but people think otherwise because they think he was shite for England.

would've been clawing my eyeballs out with rusty spoons at the prospect of this man in charge of nufc

allardyce might end up churning out soul-destroying, will-nullifying football, but it's far from guaranteed as i'd suggest it will be with SGE

expect 3 or 4 former players to be signed who will never be dropped regardless of fitness, form or tactics

Guest Martin

Interested to hear if the supporters will be upset when citeh are losing a match and he just sits there, with no passion, al a England?

I'm very interested to see how well Sven does, but I'm glad I'm finding out via a club other than Newcastle tbh. He's got a good record at club level, but I can't see the media going easy on him if he has a slow start. They'll just be waiting to crucify him imo, and he's going to have to do a very respectable job to win them round. He really could go either way - wouldn't be overly surprised to see him do awfully or brilliantly.

Interested to hear if the supporters will be upset when citeh are losing a match and he just sits there, with no passion, al a England?

The last manager we had spent every minute of every match jumping up and down like a rabid chimp. We got 1 point from losing positions last season. "Passion" is overrated.

This is great news for City. I wonder who Sven will sign? They need atleast 5 top players in. 50 mil is what they need.

Isaksson

Richards Dunne Onuoha Ball

SWP Appiah Reo-Coker Drenthe

Saviola Owen :razz:

Terrible team, piss weak left hand side, injury prone midget attack.  :tongue:

So you happy he's in? I think you should be, especially if he brings along Tord Grip for the ride (the brains of the outfit).

This is great news for City. I wonder who Sven will sign? They need atleast 5 top players in. 50 mil is what they need.

Isaksson

Richards Dunne Onuoha Ball

SWP Appiah Reo-Coker Drenthe

Saviola Owen :razz:

Robinson

Brown Dunne Onuoha Powell

blah blah blah i dont care

Heskey Ricketts

So you happy he's in? I think you should be, especially if he brings along Tord Grip for the ride (the brains of the outfit).

Ya Im happy with it. We've had all sorts of names linked with the job - quality operators like Sven, Ranieri, Ramos, no hopers like Warnock, Jewell and Coleman, complete muppets like Souness, and odious rag twats like Hughes and Strachan...Id have been happy with anyone from the first category.

He's going to appoint the Sweden #2 (Roland Andersson I think his name is) to be his assistant instead of Grip tho...no sure if Grip will have a role as scout or something. Doubt it.

Seriously tho, I dont know whats going to happen with the team. I think we need a new front 6, what I posted there is just what I would do. The tabloids have been playing pin the tail on the transfer rumour with us too...Owen, Harewood, Benayoun, NRC, SWP, Ljungberg, Anelka all in the news in recent days...No idea whats going to happen. But I think I'd borrow Mr Mojo's rusty spoons if we sign Harewood :laugh:

West Ham want a frankly absurd 12m for NRC. We've apparently told them to stick it up their arses and offered 7 or 8, not a penny more. They really are a joke in the transfer market.

I wonder if this Sinatra chap will wade in and offer the full amount now, to prove his "credentials" to the Citeh faithful?

On Sven, when the various parties were circling the club at the start of last summer before Lerner won, it was rumoured that one was headed by Athole Still, representing some rich Saudis, and that he obviously wanted to install Sven.

General feedback was that although we wanted MON, Sven would have been a really good option too.

Guest WalkervilleMag

think the City fans forget that owens release clause is only for champions league teams.  Give us 17 million and hes yours

Ya Im happy with it. We've had all sorts of names linked with the job - quality operators like Sven, Ranieri, Ramos, no hopers like Warnock, Jewell and Coleman, complete muppets like Souness, and odious rag twats like Hughes and Strachan...Id have been happy with anyone from the first category.

He's going to appoint the Sweden #2 (Roland Andersson I think his name is) to be his assistant instead of Grip tho...no sure if Grip will have a role as scout or something. Doubt it.

Seriously tho, I dont know whats going to happen with the team. I think we need a new front 6, what I posted there is just what I would do. The tabloids have been playing pin the tail on the transfer rumour with us too...Owen, Harewood, Benayoun, NRC, SWP, Ljungberg, Anelka all in the news in recent days...No idea whats going to happen. But I think I'd borrow Mr Mojo's rusty spoons if we sign Harewood :laugh:

harewood, jesus

remember when there were some proposterous rumours (arguably some of the most diabolically inaccurate rumours known to man) that NUFC were gonna pay anything between 7 & 11m for him under roeder??

i can, it still wakes me up in the night

West Ham want a frankly absurd 12m for NRC. We've apparently told them to stick it up their arses and offered 7 or 8, not a penny more. They really are a joke in the transfer market.

I wonder if this Sinatra chap will wade in and offer the full amount now, to prove his "credentials" to the Citeh faithful?

I think there is going to be a signing like that. I'd imagine it was someone with a big name (Owen?) or someone the City fans rate highly (SWP) rather than someone who would just cost a silly amount of money.

think the City fans forget that owens release clause is only for champions league teams.  Give us 17 million and hes yours

Ya I heard that. But even if that is true, and we made a bid for Owen, I dont imagine it would be for that much more than the clause amount. Still don't think he would come anyway, but I'd have him here.

remember when there were some proposterous rumours (arguably some of the most diabolically inaccurate rumours known to man) that NUFC were gonna pay anything between 7 & 11m for him under roeder??

i can, it still wakes me up in the night

Yep, as if you'd pay well over the odds for a not very good striker.

Oh, hang on a minute .....

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I can finally stop playing the Sven to City betting market and collect my winnings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6277502.stm

Thaksin completes Man City buyout

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra seal his takeover of Manchester City, gaining control of 75% of its shares, the BBC has learnt.

Mr Thaksin lodged an £81.6m takeover bid for City in June through his company UK Sports Investments and has steadily built up his shareholding.

He will officially install Sven-Goran Eriksson as club manager on Friday, BBC Sport understands.

Former England coach Mr Eriksson will sign a three-year contract.

'Clean money'

The Eastlands board has backed the bid but there have been concerns about the source of the money, with Mr Thaksin facing corruption charges in Thailand.

But the man who brokered the City deal has said "the money is clean".

On Sunday, Keith Harris, executive chairman of Seymour Pierce Investment Bank, said the money had been "legitimately and transparently transferred to the UK".

Mr Thaksin will have to pass the Premier League's standard "fit and proper person" test before being able to complete the proposed takeover.

Thai prosecutors recently filed corruption charges against Mr Thaksin.

They have also frozen his assets but Mr Thaksin insisted this would have no effect on his takeover of the club and that the charges were politically motivated by the military installed government that replaced him.

Leading shareholders including current board members, former chairman Francis Lee and BSkyB have all agreed to sell their shares to Mr Thaksin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6241052.stm

Eriksson named as Man City boss

Former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has been confirmed as Manchester City manager.

The 59-year-old has signed a three-year deal worth a reported £9m - and is set to be given a £50m transfer kitty.

The appointment was triggered by former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's acquisition of more than 75% of City shares.

"I'm delighted and honoured to be City manager. It's an exciting challenge," the Swede told the club website.

He added: "I've already started making preparations for the new season. I want to deliver a team that our fantastic fans can be proud of."

606: DEBATE

Your reaction to this news

It is believed Tord Grip will again be the Swede's right-hand man.

Grip was Eriksson's number two during the former Lazio, Sampdoria and Benfica's six-year tenure as England manager.

Roland Anderson, who is currently Sweden's assistant manager, is also expected to join Eriksson's backroom team.

Eriksson has succeeded Stuart Pearce, who was sacked at the end of last season.

The Swede, who met the City players and took a training session on Wednesday, has been out of football since leaving the England job after the 2006 World Cup.

The club's chief executive, Alistair Mackintosh, said: "I'm delighted that Sven has agreed to join the club as we move into an exciting new era.

"His vast experience of managing top clubs to success around Europe is one of the qualities that attracted us to him.

"He also knows the Premier League inside out during his time as national team manager."

Guest Invicta_Toon

"It is believed Tord Grip will again be the Swede's right-hand man."

Applications for the position of Sven's left hand man have been posted to all Man City player's wives and or girlfriends

Welcome to City Sven.

Already impressed after one press conference.

Points of interest:

-Did not use the word "Cute"

-Not interested in Rag cast off shite like Smith and Richardson (Good luck 1878!  :laugh:)

-Moving to Sunny Manchester (Unlike Pearce)

-Tord Grip is no #2 but some sort of director of football type dealie

-The massed media are totally obsessed with the Rags and England

-Sven is somewhat skilled at flatbatting loaded questions about the Rags and England

-And finally, the title of this thread is totally wrong! The good times are coming back. :coolsmiley:

Now, time to spend fuckloads of moolah on a load of class players. :celb:

Glad City might actually have a decent crack at closing the gap between them and Manure again.

Dont particularly like Sven, he has a lot to prove though and should have that matched with money.

He should at least (with money) turn city into a top 6 side. Although the billionaires will be jamming that area with their clubs.