Bolton away first game - all discussion in here

Dave

Guest Triglett

We need to get as many points in the bag before Christmas, potentially being top four by this point looking at the fixtures. Then come some really tough games that you'd expect to lose over January, and in all probability, we'd be looking after then to secure a UEFA cup spot if all goes to plan.

However, if Ashley provides the rumoured January bonus, and Allardyce pulls off some Bolton-esque away victories at the top-4 clubs we play in that period, we could have a title race in our hands.

Looking at where the club are now, and how the season will develop, we couldn't have had a better set of fixtures.

:o

Did I read that right?  :lol:

Not got the easiest of starts to be honest (first three), but we then have 5 games against the beasts, wigan, derby, hammers and everton which with new impetus and signings we should do reasonably well....

Not too bad really..

Guest nufcandy

Away on Boxing Day again!  :celb:

always like an away day on me birthday....even if people seem to hate wigan :)

Not got the easiest of starts to be honest (first three), but we then have 5 games against the beasts, wigan, derby, hammers and everton which with new impetus and signings we should do reasonably well....

Not too bad really..

The first three games are sexy tbh. Bolton will struggle next season with Sammy Lee and the distraction of Europe (which, in fairness, won't last long), and who knows who else is going to leave? We should get a draw there. And Villa and the Smogs are both games in which we should be winning.

However, regardless of who we're playing and regardless of the manager, we always start the season shite and i'll predict a lowly three points from them first three games.

Then we'll massacre Sibierski and Bramble on their return and hammer them 1-0 Bolton-style. :lol:

;)

Guest Triglett

You've got a pretty testing period from Jan to mid March. Maybe by then your team will have settled down a bit though - seems like you'll be making a fair few signings.

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

When we went in Feb we got off the bus and started watching a Rugby game for a couple of minutes. Everyone was shouting "HANDBALL!" Not particularly original, but it pissed off the locals for a couple of minutes until we were bored and went to find the pub.

that has been a good side to Wigan away the past two years actually.  Especially nicking the ball.

However the stadiums on a poor excuse for a retail park and the staff at the pub couldn't cope with the amount of fans in there.

Roll on December 1st - Blackburn Away.  That was class last season...

Have you got a source for that 'we don't want to play Newcastle' speculation James?

Greg posted something in another thread, and though it doesn't name us specifically, it would definitely apply for us due to geography.

Have you got a source for that 'we don't want to play Newcastle' speculation James?

Greg posted something in another thread, and though it doesn't name us specifically, it would definitely apply for us due to geography.

link?

the pies arnt even nice man, but its always a laugh when u get back on the coaches seeing some of our lads nicking the ball from a rugby or footy game on the pitches next to the coach park!

When we went in Feb we got off the bus and started watching a Rugby game for a couple of minutes. Everyone was shouting "HANDBALL!" Not particularly original, but it pissed off the locals for a couple of minutes until we were bored and went to find the pub.

that has been a good side to Wigan away the past two years actually.  Especially nicking the ball.

However the stadiums on a poor excuse for a retail park and the staff at the pub couldn't cope with the amount of fans in there.

been there every time so far, they need to learn to get more staff

Having another look, I could realistically see us being unbeaten up until the Spurs home game on October 20th...

There's no reason any of the teams before that should be able to beat us, should SA have the team motivated, injury free and where he wants them

I was thinking on similar lines. Looking down the list, the only teams that I found myself worrying about were the top four.

Guest mishka17

maybe we finally gonna win at reebok ? hope that we'll start this time, because for the last few seasons our beginning was fookin awfoul. IMO should be interesting meeting

Guest johnson293

Wonder if Big Sam still has one of his old headsets from Bolton - might be able to tune it in to listen in to 'little Sams' tactics during the game!  :cheesy:

A canny fixture list in my opinion. We get the whole 'big Sam goes back to Bolton' out of the way first game then lots of winnable games up to Christmas. A tough January and February and we may have a few tough games in the FA cup too. Then a decent (ish) run in.

Lots of Saturday games too... ;)