Habib Beye

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kmdnufc

He prefers to play at right-back and is now Marseille's captain. He is 30 this year and has represented Senegal.

I've seen quite a bit of him for Marseille and he gets forward a lot and is still quite fast, he's a good defender but he does make a few stray passes and try's the long ball too much. He's not really a goal scorer but his pace and tough tackling would be very useful. From what French football I've seen, I rate his as one of the best right-backs, if not the best in the league.

So he's a right back then. Good, we definitely need better options at full back and I'm happy to see this is a position we are trying to strengthen. Will keep an eye on this one, and if he's strong enough to play as a CB then he will add phsical presence as well. I don't like having small full backs personally.

Know nothing about him at all, Sams not daft though he won't blow big money unless he has to, he has a great knack of finding players for small fee's who fit into the Prem style of game.

Building a strong back four is paramount and with Taylor being our only decent defender means San needs to do a lot of work for defenders in the transfer window.

Competition might just trigger the fat troll into doing something, its something he has needed since he got here.

Carr has always been able to walk back into the team when he was back from injury vacation. Basically because he had no competition for RB. Might be too late for him now, but if we had bought lucas neill or another RB a couple of years ago I think we would have seen the best out of Carr.

Like Baba its too easy for them to coast along at the minute.

He prefers to play at right-back and is now Marseille's captain. He is 30 this year and has represented Senegal.

I've seen quite a bit of him for Marseille and he gets forward a lot and is still quite fast, he's a good defender but he does make a few stray passes and try's the long ball too much. He's not really a goal scorer but his pace and tough tackling would be very useful. From what French football I've seen, I rate his as one of the best right-backs, if not the best in the league.

From what you are saying he sounds ideal. Would be a good blend of age if we could get an experienced centre back in to go alongside Taylor as well and a young left back like Baines. He will probably be a good talker as well with him being Marseille captain. I'd be very happy if we could get him, someone like Campbell or Hyypia, Rozenhal, and Baines. We could then get rid of Carr and Nobby can cover for right back as well.

Hes like Distin. Average defender who is solid, but his mobility, speed, and being comfortable on the ball, makes him the sort of defender who would be very good for a mid table side.

Well Distin is a pretty good defender. Mid-table ranking aside, would he make a better right back than Carr or Solano? It's hard to imagine that the answer to that is no somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparantly a lot of the press are linking us with him. Personly I don't know anything about the player, but if anyone has seen him play, Then I would like to hear, what your thoughts about him are.

Apparantly a lot of the press are linking us with him. Personly I don't know anything about the player, but if anyone has seen him play, Then I would like to hear, what your thoughts about him are.

Try putting his name into Youtube, I just watched some highlights earlier and he seems a solid player with personality.. I'd welcome him here but maybe theres other people who've seen him play more regularly? if so, share your opinions

Guest nufc 4 life

his best position is RB he can play acroos the whole back line and he isn't 30 he is 29, 30 on october 19

Is it just me or weren't Marseille a bit fragile at the back when we played them in the UEFA?

I don't remember anyone (other than Drogba) standing out for them, especially at the back?

Is my mind playing tricks?

Guest SwissMagpie

as far as the French League,its my Business :-)

Beye played all season as right back at OM but somtimes as CB when there were injuries.

he doesnt has pace (which in very important for RB in the EPL) but he is aggressive and has a good head game.he is quite a leader and therefore he was chosen to be the clubs captain.

i think that he is max can be a roatation player,not a first team right back.

he played one year in PSG ten years ago and made his name in Strasbourg after that moved in 2003 to OM.

If we want a right back so Bakari Sagna is one class above him and he is 6 years younger,ofcource that we need to pay around 6 million to his services

Is it just me or weren't Marseille a bit fragile at the back when we played them in the UEFA?

I don't remember anyone (other than Drogba) standing out for them, especially at the back?

Well we failed to score a single goal over two legs and barely even created a half-chance in the Stade Velodrome.

Well we failed to score a single goal over two legs and barely even created a half-chance in the Stade Velodrome.

Didn't we maul them at home but fail to convert our chances? OR am I getting totally confused with my Uefa games?