Wigan sign Melchiot

Mr Logic

Guest optimistic nit

anyone hear dave whealan describe bramble, sibi and melchiot as "three quality players" :lol:

Guest Triglett

Think he was attracting the likes of Lyon with his performances for Rennes. Had an absolute nightmare with Birmingham in his last season there particularly, but he'll probably be a decent signing for Wigan if he's back on the right track. Still, their squad is pretty poor...I was shocked they stayed up last season, and will be again if they do the same this season.

As it stands I have much, much more confidence in their two fullbacks than in ours..

Aye, he's crap and i would be disappointed if we signed him, but he's a class above what we've got at RB, shameful.

As it stands I have much, much more confidence in their two fullbacks than in ours..

Aye, he's crap and i would be disappointed if we signed him, but he's a class above what we've got at RB, shameful.

"Melchiot > Solano"

:idiot2:

"Melchiot > Solano"

:idiot2:

Not that much difference as right backs I would say. The fact that Solano is better than Carr in his natural position does not mean he qualifies as a good enough full back, does it? Could it be that we haven't seen good full backs play at Newcastle for so long now we don't know what constitutes a good full back and are happy to see somebody there who can handle at least one of defending and attacking at the required level, nevermind both?

Anyway, I stand by what I said and will even go a little further: Baines + Melchiot > any full back pair Newcastle has had for at least the last three seasons

Guest LUKASJJ

I would have taken him as second choice rb if we could get rid of Carr. But i bet he is on massive wages

They have added another defender today. Andreas Granqvist signing from Helsingborg on a two-year deal, a 22-year-old defender who was apparently on loan with them last season at some stage. He gets to play with Bramble, bless him.

They have added another defender today. Andreas Granqvist signing from Helsingborg on a two-year deal, a 22-year-old defender who was apparently on loan with them last season at some stage. He gets to play with Bramble, bless him.

Bramble with a younger partner to look after, aye, that will work.

Unsworth was free transferred and the other old guy left, i think they've dropped the ball there.

Sounds like they went to a lot of effort to sign Granqvist, yet he's only signed a 2 year deal?

And Jewell only played him once all season after bringing him to the club.

Sounds crap to me.

Although he is understood to have spoken to Blues, he is now set to join St Andrew's old boy Emile Heskey at Wigan Athletic, who are apparently prepared to meet Bramble's £40,000-a-week wage demands.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birminghampost/sport/tm_headline=blues-priced-out-of-bramble-interest&method=full&objectid=19243855&siteid=50002-name_page.html

The 200K a week player  cant be that far off, remember when the nation got the hump a few years back cos Roy Keane wanted £50K a week.

Why would they want to replace Ryan Taylor? He is a canny player. Perhaps he is on his way out?

Saw him play against us & few games on TV & like the look of him, also seemed a decent egg when he was on Goal on Sunday.

Him & Baines were part of defence/team that only Charlton & Fulham conceded more goals & even then it was only one goal more, yet most of us rate them highly :uglystupid2: