WHU Vs Sheff Utd - Illegal London club wins.

Dokko

Guest Magpiecn

They should keep both teams in the league and make the Mackems stay down.

It is the perfect solution & would keep both WH & Sheff U happy - everyone wins!

It'll be madden Quinn and keane ;D

No decision until the end of the month!

The 0.1% chance Sheff Utd just went to 0.000001%.

:lol:

Compensation or a possible point deduction are the only possibilities for them now.

Fukers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jamesmartinsmith

West Ham should have had a point deduction and would have probably been releagated.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=474994&CPID=8&clid=21&lid=2&title=Blades+lose+Tevez+appeal

Sheffield United have failed in their attempts to be reinstated in the Premier League after an independent arbitration panel dismissed their claim of an unfair punishment handed out to West Ham United over the Carlos Tevez affair.

The Blades had wanted the panel to order a new disciplinary commission deal with West Ham but had their claim dismissed on Tuesday.

The Yorkshire outfit also lost another claim - made jointly with Fulham - that the Premier League should have forced West Ham to de-register Tevez and it means United will be forced to concentrate on life in the Championship for the coming season.

A statement from the arbitration panel read: "The tribunal have found in favour of the FA Premier League on both issues and dismissed the claims of Sheffield United FC and Fulham FC."

No surprise, sadly.

It is a really poor decision in terms of setting a precedent as well, as the premier league could never be able to justify docking points for a lot of other things in the future. Any club faced with a points deduction would simply say 'u didnt dock west ham points so u can't do it to us'. It gives up one of the premier leagues main trump cards in disciplinary matters and gives even more power to the clubs.

It is a really poor decision in terms of setting a precedent as well, as the premier league could never be able to justify docking points for a lot of other things in the future. Any club faced with a points deduction would simply say 'u didnt dock west ham points so u can't do it to us'. It gives up one of the premier leagues main trump cards in disciplinary matters and gives even more power to the clubs.

Bang on.  :thup:

What the fuck have clubs got to do to get points deducted? As long as you've got a big pot of cash you can break any rule you want because the worst punishment you'll get is a fine. Spineless arseholes.

Guest teepee

i happy the hammers remain in the epl - and i'm not making a stand on whether or not the decision was right.... i just prefer them to sheffield...

Add to that WHU fans calling for NUFC to be relegated due to the Quest investigation makes me hope these fukers rot in Championship hell.

WHU fans were calling for NUFC to be relegated? When did I miss *that* one?