Shearer express opinion shocker - on Bellamy

bodson

If Shearer is a fan then he is entitled to his opinion, as much as we are on here ? And as I said earlier - Shearer knows Bellamy pretty much better than anyone (or any of us).

Entitled to his opinion, yes, but not in the same way as we are on here, no. 

He is in a position where his opinions are going to get far more coverage than any of ours, and so should have been a bit more sensible in voicing them the way he has.

Suppose we've spent (and now wasted) a week trying to convince Bellamy to come back, where does that leave us now?

I'm not saying I think he should come back, but why undermine our new manager from his priviledged position?  I don't see many other (good) critics doing the same thing about their clubs?

Shearer helps get rid of our best player at the time, Bellamy, and then starts a campaign to smear him, which is backed by the highly credible testimonies of Terry MacDermott (who had never met Bellamy), Graeme Souness and errr....Kenneth Shepherd and his dad. No one else at the club has a bad word to say about Bellamy.

Shearer then uses his "influence" to bring his mate Michael Owen to the club for a huge fee and a trifling £6M a year salary. Owen duly uses us as a base while he prepares himself for England games while keeping mum about the previously non existant "get out of Tyneside clause" and secretly hoping a "big club" will come along and exercise that clause.

Shearer spouts to media about Bellamy thereby undermining the new manager, just as he did a few years back when SBR dared to suggest resting him for a UEFA cup game in Norway.

Thanks Alan, but with ambassadors like you we really don't need enemies.

I, for one, don't want Bellamy anywhere near the club again.  Not only because he's a cunt, but because he's not that good, so Shearer's comments go down well with me.

As far as signing scumbags go, I'd much rather we signed El Hadji Diouf.  By far the better player.

Shearer, you didn't want the manager's job so shut the f*** up!

i knew i would find the usual s**** comments above on this chatroom after reading the Shearer story ,

go on the toon .............

Like yours you mean? :razz:

you're funny :celb:

I'm aware of that. Thanks anyway though.

More about Shearer's personal feelings towards Bellamy than out of concern for the good of NUFC. FACT-A-LICIOUS!

Guest Knightrider

Some sad cunts on here like. Massive overreaction to what were quotes from an after dinner do spoken under the influence of drink, but because he's mocking Craig Bellamy suddenly a man who has done more for this club, area and the game in general in this country, than that Welsh prick will ever do, he's somehow the bad guy. Get a life you sad cretins.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I find it ironic that many people blame him for Souness because he didn't speak out about him, yet when he does speak out about something, he's in the wrong because it's not professional and all that bollocks. Fuck me he was having a laugh at an after dinner do and it is obvious most of his comments are tongue in cheek. For the record one of my mates went to one of these things and he told me Shearer acknowledged Bellamy was a very good player for us and him but he was a headcase and lost the respect of everyone over his antics. Which is a more than fair critique.

Also, I haven't laughed so hard at some of the comments claiming Bellamy give Shearer 2 extra years, err, no he didn't, Sir Bobby did, and he himself did by being such a top pro and not partying every night like some of the pricks at our club, Bellamy included, and furthermore, it was Shearer who made Bellamy because he was the ideal partner for him, who would take the kicking, find him with his flick-ons and lead the line so well, players like Bellamy could find space.

For once Shearer loosens up and be's himself but still he gets criticised. There is nothing bad about his comments, if anything he comes off even better and shows not only does he have a sense of humour but he's also not a bad guy (see Gullit and Keane comments).

Lastly, the only people to come out and defend Bellamy were Hughs and his mate Dyer, and none of them talked about his character, just his ability and I think a bloke who worked with him every day for a few years is in a better position to speak with authority on someone than some idiots on a message board, don't you? Even if it does make for tough reading to the Bellamy fan club.

:lol:

Oh and by the way, Gullit never once told Shearer to his face he wasn't good enough or to change his game, in fact he said nothing but good stuff to his face, only to say the opposite behind his back, hence why Shearer took offence with him. At the time Barcelona and others were after him and Gullit was telling anyone who would listen that he's not for sale, I want him in my team, we've offered him a new 5 year deal, he's one of the best strikers in the world etc. But behind his back? That's why Big Al kicked off and rightly so, we've all seen how two-faced Gullit is. Yet Shearer to his credit has never attacked Gullit's ability as a coach, just praise. Same can't be said of Gullit who even to this day can't help rubbishing Shearer's ability saying things like he'd never have done well in Spain anyway etc.

I actually have quotes from him saying Shearer would be a hit at Barcelona or in any league  :rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

Can someone summarise HTT's (pre-prepared) post for me? :razz:

Yous are all cunts, well those slagging the great man ;)

Guest Knightrider

New era, good manager, billionaire owner, 2 years have passed since Bellamy last played... but still people have a hard on over him :lol:

Sad.

I'm correct tbh ;) He's right about Bellamy though at the same time.

In his ambassadorial role is Al getting paid from the club? If he is (& I'm assuming he isn't by his comments) he really should not be slagging off Bellender in public no matter his private thoughts.

We all know Bellender was a proper tool but he was also a good player for us. If Al wants to get his revenge for the texts etc why doesn't he just go down & belt him one? This running fued should have finished long ago.

Guest Knightrider

I'm correct tbh ;) He's right about Bellamy though at the same time.

I agree he should keep his mouth shut on NUFC affairs that don't concern him but then I don't see anything in his comments that suggest he's done the opposite. Some of the comments on here that he may effect any potential transfer of Bellamy to us by saying don't sign him is just so daft words fail me, I mean we are not and never have been and never will be in for him anyway :lol: and thank fuck as well, as this place would be even more unbearable.

Guest Knightrider

In his ambassadorial role is Al getting paid from the club? If he is (& I'm assuming he isn't by his comments) he really should not be slagging off Bellender in public no matter his private thoughts.

We all know Bellender was a proper tool but he was also a good player for us. If Al wants to get his revenge for the texts etc why doesn't he just go down & belt him one? This running fued should have finished long ago.

So joking about Bellamy to an audience of pissed up workers at an after dinner do, is wrong, but belting him one is OK? JWTBH :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Shearer helps get rid of our best player at the time, Bellamy

So Shearer phoned up Sky, set up the cameras and shouted "roll" then? Hadaway in shite man. You've been anti-Shearer for years now.

Guest donandy

There are so many negative replies about what we have and what we'll get. It's such a shame that such a big club and loyal support are always complaining about it.

Martins - great player - give him time

Bellamy - Welsh Tosser - pi*ss off to Rangers or something

Shearer - arguably the greatest player that's played for the club. Is loyal. And is entitled to his opionions. While he was here, no1 had a bad word for him. Keep it that way. He's a fucki*n legend. When i heard what Shearer had siad on the radio this morning, I stuck my head out the window of the car and put two fingers up aimed towards Bellamy and Wales. GET IN SHEARER

There are so many negative replies about what we have and what we'll get. It's such a shame that such a big club and loyal support are always complaining about it.

Shearer - arguably the greatest player that's played for the club. Is loyal. And is entitled to his opionions. While he was here, no1 had a bad word for him. Keep it that way. He's a fucki*n legend. When i heard what Shearer had siad on the radio this morning, I stuck my head out the window of the car and put two fingers up aimed towards Bellamy and Wales. GET IN SHEARER

Did you really do that?  :lol:

Guest Knightrider
While he was here, no1 had a bad word for him.

Good point and an irony considering people use the very same argument defending Bellamy, yet use Gullit's criticism of Shearer as proof positive that he was some kind of cancer at the club. All I'll say is: 206 goals and 10 years service.

Bellamy? Apparently he singlehandedly got us into the Champions League once :lol:

Never mind Shearer's 25 + goals, Roberts goals and assists, Sir Bobby's management skills, Speed anchoring midfield, Shay's saves, Nobby's delivery etc. etc. though...

Guest donandy

I'm not even lying!

Guest Invicta_Toon

are you talking about the great man Allardyce?

what if he actually does want to sign Bellamy? As you keep saying we must trust our genius leader, and Bellamy fits the preferred mould of wayward talent rather than model pro

oh HTT, you must be so conflicted right now, I feel for you

Guest Knightrider

BTW I find it pathetic that some people feel the need to slag Shearer just to defend Bellamy which is tragic considering what he's given this club over 10 years which pisses all over the vast majority of contributions most players, never mind Bellamy, have given the club since it was formed. Utter tragic and only at Newcastle would loyalties be skewered in such a way. Wankers.

Guest donandy

Bellamy is NO GOOD for this club. There's plenty of other similar players on the market.. I'd take Crouch any day of the week over him..!!

Although I'd like to see him wind up Joey barton ;) - "Sorry Craig, do you need two eyes"?!

:lol: :blush: