Madman attempts to murder Oba!

Baggio

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Insane how he got away tbh. How the hell did he manage that?

Three gunmen firing shots at him from point blank range, yet he managed to scarper without getting shot? Lucky guy.

We love you, Oba!

Obviously he watched the Matrix, and found a great force from within....

But seriously you'd of thought no chance against three people....

I know this is pretty laim and not very thoughtful, but if he had of been shot and killed, would the club of got some sort of compensation or summat??

I cant remember what happened when Marc Vivian Foe died, did Man City get somthing? I know they retired the number 24 shirt.

Three gunmen firing shots at him from point blank range, yet he managed to scarper without getting shot? Lucky guy.

We love you, Oba!

I know this is pretty laim and not very thoughtful, but if he had of been shot and killed, would the club of got some sort of compensation or summat??

I cant remember what happened when Marc Vivian Foe died, did Man City get somthing? I know they retired the number 24 shirt.

Foe wasn't their player anyway, he'd been on loan.

Not sure what the crack is with players dying, hopefully we'll never have to find out.

Guest graemeh72

We love you, Oba!

Foe wasn't their player anyway, he'd been on loan.

Not sure what the crack is with players dying, hopefully we'll never have to find out.

'

Agreed - its a bastard on the balance sheet

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

yea i didnt want to seem proper inconsiderate or anything, it just crossed my mind thats all....

Anyway lets hope he feels better soon, and maybe it could be a good thing in a way that he might want to stay at the toon if those rumours of him leaving are true.

Hmmm,a jealous rival who couldnt fall out of a boat and hit water.Wonder where Ameobi was on Monday??

Am sure Shola was born in Lagos as well, would know his way around.  O0

Guest optimistic nit

We love you, Oba!

:lol: oba is almost murdered and the first thing we all think of is whether we would have the money to buy a replacement :lol: ;)

The marksman obviously is a toon fan who found out about the release clause.

We get more for him dead.

:rolleyes:

haha thats a good one but we didnt say anything about a release clause until today  :coolsmiley: so the hitman is bug*ered

This actually has happened for real so i cant really understand all the jokes that are going around about this. It's not exactly a movie or anything. If this would of happened to a player in my country (Sweden) or in England or one relatively safe country to live in then people would be shocked and finding it hard to find words to describe it.

Fucking hell he could of been dead now..

Oba's value just went up to £20 million as the Nigerian coach has just excused him from ever having to play for Nigeria again!!! Surely that makes him a more valuable asset with no ANC to worry about and no AWOL scenarios right?

June 22, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

NIGERIA boss Berti Vogts says he would not blame Obafemi Martins if he quit international football.

The Newcastle striker is recovering from the shock of an assassination attempt this week.

Martins, 22, was lucky to escape with his life when his car was sprayed with bullets as he waited at a Lagos petrol station.

Ex-Scotland boss Vogts, who lives in his German homeland, said: “Perhaps people will now understand why I do not want to live in Nigeria.

“As a European, it is impossible to leave the hotel alone because you’d be sure to be assaulted.”

The Nigerian FA provide Vogts with round-the-clock armed guards whenever he visits the country.

He admitted: “I understand if Martins wants to stop coming to Nigeria.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007280790,00.html

He's just been speaking on Look North about it. His English is a lot better than I thought it was.

English is the official language of Nigeria.[/pedant]

He's just been speaking on Look North about it. His English is a lot better than I thought it was.

English is the official language of Nigeria.[/pedant]

Maybe but there are many different laguages spoken in Nigeria so to assume they all speak English would be wrong and from hearing Martins in interviews earlier in the season it was clear he was not fluent in English.

Hmmm,a jealous rival who couldnt fall out of a boat and hit water.Wonder where Ameobi was on Monday??

Am sure Shola was born in Lagos as well, would know his way around.  O0

Unlike the penalty box then!