Notts Forest to get new 50 Thousand Seater

Decky

Nottingham Forest have announced plans to leave the City Ground and move to a new stadium by 2014.

The new venue, which will be built south of the city, will seat up to 50,000 and could cost between £45-50million as Colin Calderwood's side look to haul themselves back up the league.

"As a club our priority for this season is promotion," Forest chief executive Mark Arthur said. "Then it is promotion again next season.

"Then it is to ensure we establish ourselves back in the top flight and challenge for Europe.

"But the prospect of a new vision for Nottingham opens up many exciting opportunities.

"This will be a long journey, the earliest this stadium will emerge is 2014 and I know there will be many questions.

"There will be full consultation as part of the development process but this is an exciting new vision for Forest and one I believe we have a duty to explore for the city, the county and our supporters."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472907&CPID=11&clid=17&lid=5&title=Forest+set+for+new+stadium

Not sure why they need it to be honest, they are in League One ffs

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

It probably depends on whether they get promoted or not. They do have a huge fanbase still though I think.

I live in scunthorpe and we went to the Forest vs scunny game last season when we won 4-0 and the attendance was just under 30,000

Got a soft spot for Forest, so good news as far as im concerned, love to see them back in the top flight..

....give it say three years maybe they can resign Jenas! Although that would probably mean they are still in league one.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Got a soft spot for Forest, so good news as far as im concerned, love to see them back in the top flight..

....give it say three years maybe they can resign Jenas! Although that would probably mean they are still in league one.

I was pretty gobsmacked that they signed neil lennon from celtic.... but it was a sort of player/ coach role, but still for a league one club, he will totally walk that league to say that he was playing champions league football last season.....

They are still a big name and rightly so.

The two games against Leeds will be good watching next season. Like Leeds both produce a great amount of young and talented players.

Its a good move for Lennon, he can be start of something special there, whilst winding down his career.

Guest graemeh72

£45m for a 50,000 seater stadium? That's a tiny budget.

Will be on a par with the Riverside, Ricoh Arena, Pride Park, St. Mary's etc etc

£1000 per seat... for fucks sake you should be able to get a decent Barcelona or Egg chair for that

People always complain about the costs in comparison to seating capacity, it neglects the other aspects of stadiums that generate a large amount of revenue. It also doesn't consider the design of a stadium and its individual characteristics such as a retractable roof, sliding pitch etc. Land costs and transport improvements are not included as well.

It probably depends on whether they get promoted or not. They do have a huge fanbase still though I think.

I live in scunthorpe and we went to the Forest vs scunny game last season when we won 4-0 and the attendance was just under 30,000

I was at that game with the students for a quid deal. They generally average around 20-28k I think which is fairly decent for a team where they are, but it isn't that large a city when you discount the student population. Would be surprised if they could fill a stadium like this with any sort of consistency.

Guest graemeh72

Scunny? is that grubby fanny or something?

Guest Morph

They are scum.  They should think about building a team worthy of a 50,000 seater stadium rather than vice versa.  Spackers.  Big club my arse.

Guest optimistic nit

Scunny? is that grubby fanny or something?

trying to make up for the first one or are you just a really slow learner? ;)

Guest optimistic nit

They are scum.  They should think about building a team worthy of a 50,000 seater stadium rather than vice versa.  Spackers.  Big club my arse.

Nottingham.. not that far from derby is it? ;)

No, but they ARE scum. SCABS, SCABS, SCABS.....

The teams wont be the season after next either!