Newcastle win race to sign Alan Smith - Mirror gossip

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest kingdawson

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

:lol: Didnt know Oprah said that. Tbh didnt even know where that came from, was just genuinly shocked that Baggio would go through all that trouble.

Our search engine is pretty good these days tbf. 2min job to find your posts on Bent.

blueyes.gif

A worthwhile 2 minutes to show you up for being two faced tbh O0

Two faced? what a loser you are. How come you didnt bother quoting the positive things i said about Bent then? Besides your quotes show that i rate Defoe over Bent and that 18 million is to much for him so you didnt prove nothing you 2nd rate private investigator. :thup:

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

:lol: Didnt know Oprah said that. Tbh didnt even know where that came from, was just genuinly shocked that Baggio would go through all that trouble.

Our search engine is pretty good these days tbf. 2min job to find your posts on Bent.

blueyes.gif

Two faced? what a loser you are. How come you didnt bother quoting the positive things i said about Bent then? Besides your quotes show that i rate Defoe over Bent and that 18 million is to much for him so you didnt prove nothing you 2nd rate private investigator. :thup:

So what do you value Defoe at then? £25 million? :lol: :idiot2:

The fact is mongo, you were happy to slag West Ham off as desperate for paying £18 million for him yet now Spurs look like they could be paying £16 million for him you think it's a fair price. :lol:

Keep trying to dig yourself out of it though, good luck.

Guest kingdawson

WOW just WOW.

Oprah, is that you?

blueyes.gif

So what do you value Defoe at then? £25 million? :lol: :idiot2:

The fact is mongo, you were happy to slag West Ham off as desperate for paying £18 million for him yet now Spurs look like they could be paying £16 million for him you think it's a fair price. :lol:

Keep trying to dig yourself out of it though, good luck.

What i actually said in this thread if you bothered to look is that 16 million for Bent 'is not to bad a deal'. I actually value him at about £13 million so again i fail to see how i was caught out. Keep trying to catch me out though loser.

Fair price?? where did i say that Stevie pt2??

Guest kingdawson

Oh FFS,  will you 2 get a room.

I cant really help the fact that another poster is stalking me now can i.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You could always leave ;)

Guest kingdawson

I could but im never going to do that (unless Dave decides to permanantly ban me that it) O0

I could but im never going to do that (unless Dave decides to permanantly ban me that it) O0

So, just for the record like, :

£16m for Bent is acceptable, but

£18m for Bent is taking the piss?

Correct?

Guest kingdawson

Correct?

Ive already explained it. Bent valuation is £13 mill so £16 mill is not to bad a deal imo.

Correct?

Ive already explained it. Bent valuation is £13 mill so £16 mill is not to bad a deal imo.

So paying £3m over the odds is ok but £5m is out of order?

Fucking hell! The bloke isn't worth £9m , let alone £16m or £18m. Jesus Christ - kingdawson's caught eastendfever.  :lol:

Correct?

Fucking hell! The bloke isn't worth £9m , let alone £16m or £18m. Jesus Christ - kingdawson's caught eastendfever.  :lol:

Is that a distant relation to Saturday Night Fever? :lol:

Correct?

Is that a distant relation to Saturday Night Fever? :lol:

Only if the thick twat goes around in a ridiculous white suit with big collars... ;)

Thing is our squad was nowhere near good or big enough last season, we finished 5 points above relegation and threw kids who weren't ready into the first team against the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd. Since then we've lost loads of players and brought two in.

If Butt gets injured we have noone to shore up midfield. There's a good chance we will lose either of Owen or Martins. Our squad could do with a player of his versatility and at that price, it allows us to go on improving the squad. We need at least another half a dozen players, we practically need a whole back four as it is, we've got Duff injured on the left til November at least and only three central midfielders worth the name. We need reinforcements all over and this would be a bloody good value signing. You know what you're getting with Smith and at that price I think our squad would look significantly healthier.

Agree with this.

Duff can stay injured for all i care hes useless

Smith would be a good player for our squad if he filled in midfield not up-front

only if we dont pay a ridiculus amount of money for him

£5mil max propably

Guest Toon83

I cant see this being true, it just doesnt make sense.

Allardyce comes out and says that he is now looking at the defence after the signings of Viduka and Barton, so why go back to sign another midfielder when we have enough cover and quality in the middle of the park and up front (should all the players stay), and surely if we are looking at strengthening the midfield we should be looking at left wingers to cover Duff's injury, not another central midfielder come striker who doesnt have the greatest of goals to games ratio.

Dont get me wrong i would welcome the signing of Alan Smith, especially for £3.5m, but it doesnt seem to make sense.

I still think we need a defensive midfielder because butt is getting older and will get injured easier, i agree we need a left-winger but i still would love charlie to stay and play week in week out!

for some reason roeder didnt give him many chances

Guest Toon83

Charlie wasnt playing under Roeder because the lad has a major attitude problem.

All of the praise he got from his first season in the first team went straight to his head and frankly has turned him into a bit of a wanker, who thinks the club owes him because he is a major player for us.

The situation with Arsenal didnt help last year, and just inflated his ego even more, maybe Big Sam can bring him back down to earth and help him pull his head out of his arse.

And i know that he is such an ego-maniac because i did a bit of work with nufc.co.uk over christmas last year and we had alot of contact with the players, charlie was an majorly (sp) arrogant and wasnt well liked by many of the team and alot of journalists.

i go to the training ground alot for autographs and he is one of the 4 or 5 who will never stop! i like him on the pitch but if me and 50,000 over fans are paying his wages every week i think all players should at least stop to sign a few things.

but like i say, i like him on the pitch

i go to the training ground alot for autographs and he is one of the 4 or 5 who will never stop! i like him on the pitch but if me and 50,000 over fans are paying his wages every week i think all players should at least stop to sign a few things.

An honest question without any overtones of any kind but - the 4 or 5 you notice not stopping to sign anything, are they predominantly coloured or white?

edit, there is a reason I ask which I'll come clean with soon.

An honest question without any overtones of any kind but - the 4 or 5 you notice not stopping to sign anything, are they predominantly coloured or white?

well charles and babayaro are the coloured people as the rest are Butt (hides in a taxi) , Parker(Now left  :celb:) , and Ramage and huntington if you class him as a first team player

why you ask about this?

well charles and babayaro are the coloured people as the rest are Butt (hides in a taxi) , Parker(Now left  :celb:) , and Ramage and huntington if you class him as a first team player

why you ask about this?

I'm not one who bothers my arse about aotograph hunting at all but I came out of the Black and White Club a season or two ago after the Chelsea FA Cup game. When I came out the Chelsea team coach was parked waiting to pick up the players as I passed Frank Lampard was there and fair play to him he signed as many as he could, stood for photo's and basically went round everyone. Jose came out and pretty much similar, he happily passed the time of day friendly chat autographs photo's etc.

I also noticed that not one of Chelseas (many) coloured players even glanced at the kids who were asking for autographs etc.

Straight down the steps, quick walk, straight onto the coach. I stood near the coach door and as one went to get on I shouted 'sign for the kids you ignorant cunt' to which he just looked - then got on the bus.

Thats why I wondered who the ignorant fucks at the Toon are (or where)